“Good standard of room”

Courtyard by Marriott Pilsen
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Pilsen
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I usually stay at the Angelo when I'm in Plzen, however it was fully booked during my last visit so tried the courtyard instead. I was impressed by the standard of the room - good size with so very nice features. The bar/restaurant is excellent- I tried the burger, very nice, and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. All in all a very nice hotel, at a good price point with nice features - I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Pilsen

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We very much liked this hotel - the great staff, the comfortable rooms, and the fine location that allows easy walking to the center of town (2 minutes) and also to the famed Pilsner Urquell brewery.
The reason for a less than perfect rating (at first, I wanted to take two points off) is that the hotel charges really high prices for using wifi in your room. That is, I admit, my pet peeve and ruins what otherwise would have been a perfect stay. Small hotels and any apartment rental and little pensione has provided free wifi for years, it is a basic amenity these days, so why can't large hotel chains get that (I have to say that the Intercontinental in Prague has free wi-fi for everyone, and other hotels are following suit).
There was free internet in the lobby, a cumbersome thing when you need to come down from the fifth floor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Epices6
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Marriott are always nice but I have particularly enjoyed this hotel, booked very early and got a great rate including breakfast and Internet. Room are very clean and well maintained.breakfast is OK, has everything that could be wanted. Car parking is only issue, can park for 300cz in the underground or can park on road outside for free, so if you can get there early each day it's a bonus. Have a beer and take outside and sit by the water, lovely evening. Food nice in restaurant but can be slow

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great hotel and perfect location. The restaurant food was fab and I really enjoyed the breakfast too. The room was comfortable and clean. Hotel feels very new...which I really like. I will stay here again when I return to Pilsen!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

While I had stayed in older hotels in Prague, I would recommend this to a family or business traveler bc of it's cleanliness & friendliness of the front desk staff & restaurant staff. It's fairly contemporary & modern looking which may not make you feel like you've left home, you're not in your room much any way. We arrived late on a Saturday after taking a scenic drive from Prague. Most shops close at noon, but all the restaurants are open. While not everyone spoke English as well as some employees they did make an effort to understand & were willing to make sure we had what we needed. The complimentary breakfast was decent & more than adequate. Their scrambled eggs were great, as were their omelets.

It seems that someone in the CR needs to learn about good coffee. No where were we served very good coffee. Who feels like spending $5.00 on one cup of coffee at Starbucks. At least there was only one good reason to leave an otherwise beautiful, friendly country & it's people.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 19 June 2014

good business hotel in a central location. Modern reception area. Very good breakfast. Modern rooms. I had a high-floor room with nice view to the city. Also the fitness center has state-of- the art equipment on the top floor with nice view to the garden. Overall good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Overall it was a good location, close to the square and city center. The breakfast buffet is very good and offers a lot of variety. Only problem is the staff is not very fluent in English and some of them are extremely rude. Beware of them using the language barrier as a way to trick you and charge more for basic stuff like internet, breakfast and room amenities. I stayed there for a business trip and will actually think twice about staying there again for my next business travel. Only reason I chose that hotel is because I am a member of Marriott Rewards program but they refused to give me complimentary WiFi in the room. The cleaning staff did a great job cleaning the room on a daily basis. No swimming pool, only fitness center and restaurant. In my opinion, there are better options to stay in Pilsen.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PinkTravelSM
HotelPRGPZ, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pilsen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. I would like to discuss with you in more depth your experience. Please contact me at radek.mahrla@marriott.com or phone number 00420 373 370 110. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Radek Mahrla