All reviews brewery museum great hotel fitness center old town within walking distance the main square bar restaurant stayed for one night republic square pilsner urquell free wifi business trip short stroll the location is perfect would stay here again per day top floor
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately this stay became a problem even before I arrived. The mobile check in was showing the room as being a King, despite a guaranteed booking for 2 twin beds. I spent 30 min in the Marriott chat function in the app trying to contact the hotel to fix their mistake, and they ignored my messages. I managed to find the hotel’s email address (which they don’t make easily available), and my email was ignored. This situation caused me significant stress before the stay, and I was worried that we would be unable to use the room as 2 beds were absolutely required. I obviously could not easily phone the property being a foreigner since I would incur significant roaming charges.

The front desk’s response to this was disappointing. They claimed this was an “upgrade”, which makes no sense as why would someone specifically request 2 beds and be happy with later being given 1 bed? The issue was fixed and a twin room given, but I wasted so much time. The front desk staff stated the app chat feature is new and they weren’t trained. Marriott needs to update the hotel web site to note that staff at this property aren’t trained to respond to guests, and that requested bed types will be ignored, and should also update the app to reflect that properties are choosing not to use the chat feature, rather than a message stating to wait for a response that still hasn’t come.

Other than this, this is your standard Courtyard, with nothing particularly special, but consistent. Good location in the old town. No express checkout option.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
HotelPRGPZ, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pilsen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear PolarBear777,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Pilsen and providing your honest feedback on the Trip Advisor.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent your pre-arrival experience from occurring in the future.

There certainly is new chat system in place, but all members of Reception had been trained properly to use it on daily basis, therefore I do apologize for this kind of excuse.

Please be so kind and contact me prior your next stay and I will personally make sure you receive your preferable bed type and I will send also some amenities to your room as apology for last stay experience.

Thank you for understanding and have a good day.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

This is a good hotel. Very clean, quiet and perfectly placed for sightseeing. The food was quite good, everything was tasty but we were quite shocked by the lack of vegetables. Don’t know if us brits just eat more veggies than the people of Czech Republic but I was craving cauliflower or cabbage! That said they certainly know how to cook meat, this was always well cooked and delicious. Breakfast was always good with plenty of choice, the porridge was to die for! Staff friendly. The main square and cathedral is a short stroll away, just a couple of minutes, so is very central for looking around. Stayed here for a week in August and would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
HotelPRGPZ, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pilsen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Lesley P,

thank you very much for taking your time to fill out this lovely feedback on TripAdvisor.

Our location is really ideal for sightseeing within Pilsen city and possibly surrounding area.

In regards of vegetables, I will speak to kitchen to make sure more vegetable products will be available in our offer.

Hope to see you back in our hotel soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

This is (surprise to be) the Best hotel however being a Marriott should have kept the bar higher. Even though the prize was reasonable, drinking the bottled water in the room was high and the WiFi was close to be un-useable unless you extra for an upgrade. Doesn’t suit a top class hotel. Rooms was ok but breakfast slightly chaotic dispite the restaurant wasn’t full.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear David N,

thank you very much for your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

Our aim is to provide best possible service, so I do apologize we failed in your case.

I certainly will speak to relevant departments to make sure this was an isolated issue, especially when it comes to not organized staff in Breakfast restaurant and not ideal Wi-Fi connection.

Once again, thank you for your time to fill out this feedback.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful during our stay here. We we're greeted immediately upon arrival and staff helped us unload our car full of luggage. Our room on the other hand was nice, but had a retched smell of smoke. Bathroom is well-sized and room itself is clean. Hotel is located near the Pilsen town plaza, the walk is under five minutes and is worth seeing the big cathedral. I really liked how there is a little "grocery store" in the lobby to buy ice cream, coffee, chips, etc. Hotel's breakfast is wonderful and provides a wide selection of food. Recommend this hotel to anyone in the town looking for a place to stay for the night.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
HotelPRGPZ, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pilsen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Kazchiao,

thank you for choosing our hotel on your recent stay in Pilsen.

I am happy to see you enjoyed our service, especially Front desk staff. I do apologize for room not being cleaned as per our standards.

I hope to see you back in our hotel soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

Everything you need is at this hotel, friendly staff, great location to all the sights , only 12 minutes walk to the train station you don't need a car, lots of shops and restaurants near by , lovely park behind the hotel,

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Park
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Traveldreames
HotelPRGPZ, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pilsen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Dear Traveldreames,

first of all, thank you very much for taking time to write us your feedback from your visit at our Courtyard Pilsen Hotel.

As you already mentioned, our hotel is right in the heart of the City of Pilsen, close to the main square, to the Pilsner Urquelle brewery, to the ZOO garden with Dino park and actually in the middle of all necessary sights to see.

I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel whenever your travels will bring you back to Plzen.

Enjoy summer!