“hotel lived up to its name-excellent..!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Metamorphis Excellent

Metamorphis Excellent
Ranked #313 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“hotel lived up to its name-excellent..!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

stayed for 3 nights,room was spacious,clean and comfortable.staff were very helpful,even allowing us to store our luggage on arrival and before departure as we had an early flight in and a late flight out.breakfast was good-plenty of choice(hot and cold).best meal we had was at mama lucy's,just off the main square.if we went back to prague would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Braunschweig, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2011

This four and five stars hotel is situated just 2 minutes away from the old town square. Although central, te rooms are very quiet and theyTwere large enough for two adults an a small child. The breafkast was just ok, but the hotel crew was very nice and helpful with every issue or question we had. All in all a very pleasant stay in this beautiful city.

Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights for my birthday. Got a fantastic deal - paid for 3 nights, and the 4th was free. A very good buffet type breakfast was included AND also a free transfer from the airport directly to the hotel. The building, one of the oldest in the area, has recently undergone complete renovation and I must say that it has all been beautifully done with a lot of attention to detail. Not a sign of DIY in sight. The reception staff were all very pleasant and helpful and fluent in English. Our room with en suite was delightful, spacious, with 2 very comfortable large beds, and nice, custom made, classy furniture (not from Ikea!) it was well heated and quiet. All was immaculate and splotlessly clean. We ate a few times at the hotel Pizzaria (which had a good choice of dishes, some local - the sauerkraut is to die for! and reasonably priced)
Our room had 2 large windows overlooking the cobbled square and the hotel was a couple of minute's walk from the old town square with the astoronomical clock, (which we always seemed to miss seeing the hourly spectacle by a couple of minutes!) I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2011

I'll recomend this nice place to everyone, who is going to visit Prague, to stay there

• Stayed August 2010
Fortaleza, CE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2010

This hotel is an average 3* with great location. Don't misunderstand me it's not a bad hotel installation at all, but when I demand for a 5* I expect to receive 5*. First of all be carefull Metamorphis is 2 hotels in one. There are 2 address. One where stay the reception is called Metamorphis Excellent and is fake classified as a 5* (10/644, Tyn) and don't have elevator. The 2nd is Metamorphis and is fake classified as a 4* (5/636, Tynsky dvur) and have a 2 person elevator. The both hotels (4* and 5*) use the same reception, staff and service. When I did the reservation at the Excellent (5*) they confirmed it send me an eMail using the Metamorphis (4*) paper and logo. Immediately I replied that my reservation is for the Excellent (5*) NOT that they confirmed. When we arrived they tried hard to locate us at the poor 4* and tried hard to convince us that the big kitchenet, ugly decorated, thin orange curtains with a hole in the middle of the bed, despite located at the 4* building with the entrance at the garage gate passing along the restaurante reception dock and garbage deposits is a 5* room. We complained and after shown the email confirmed the 5* reservation they changed our room.
The Excellent has a good size room, a large but very hard bed, a good bathroom, a good decorated room and is well cleaning. I DON'T RECOMMEND IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A 5*, but if you are searching for a 3* it's OK.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2010

I booked this hotel for a week-end in Prague. I wanted a comfortable place, well located. I chose it after reading some of the reviews.

It seems to me like the hotel accepted my booking (done through one of the partners listed in this site) even knowing they didn´t have rooms available, so when I got there they gave me a room in a lower category hotel (Metamorphis, 4 stars). This hotel is in the same square as the one I actually paid for (Metamorphis Excellent, 5 stars). Of course, I complained. There are plenty of much cheaper hotels in Prague, with the same category, a similar location, and far better service. I wanted a 5 stars, which is what I paid for. They refused to give my money back. Instead, I got a room in the lower class hotel. The night was terribly hot and the room had the aircon broken !!! Then, they brought me a fan so noisy it didn't let me sleep. So I spent most of the night switching the aircon on and off, opening the window and closing it (the noise from the people hanging around outside until over 2 am was too loud). Terrible.

After this nightmare sleepless night, the day after they moved me to the actual Metamorphis Excellent (5 stars). The room was ok, very clean and nicely decorated, although very small. The access to the room was not easy (no elevator). The challenge in this occasion were the curtains, which were small and didn't block the light from outside. The result was another night without proper sleep.
Through all these issues the service was simply terrible. With a very strong attitude and ill manners. And of course, unable to offer me a solution. I just wanted to have a normal sleep (I gave up asking for a comfortable one).

The only thing I can say was good about this hotel was the location. All the rest was just a nightmare to forget. And of course, the city, Prague, is absolutelly wonderful.

Pros:
* Location
* Rooms in the 5 stars hotel (Metamorphis Excellent) clean and nicely decorated

Cons:
* Terrible Service
* Gave me accommodation in a different, lower class hotel
* The worst sleep quality in all the hotels and all categories I have used in my life (I travel very frequently for work).
* Small rooms
* Small bathroom. No bathtube.
* No internet in the rooms (only one computer close to the desk)
* No elevator. No adapted for handicapped travellers.

Based on my own experience I heartedly discourage anybody from choosing this hotel.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Meridio
Happy traveller from wiltshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2010

Room was super well equiped tea and coffee replenished every day, good breakfast both hot and cold food, excellent location just off Tyne square short walking distance to Charles bridge, Jewish quarters. Great coffee and snacks in the bakers by the hotel. Do try the Staromacek restaurant Dlouha 4 just off the main square, great atmosphere lovely local food try the plum and ham skewer starter. Can,t wait to go back to Prague again and would defianty choose the Metamophis Excellent again. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple