“Perfect place to stay in vacation”

Metamorphis Excellent
Ranked #312 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I'll recomend this nice place to everyone, who is going to visit Prague, to stay there

• Stayed: August 2010

Reviewed 25 November 2010

This hotel is an average 3* with great location. Don't misunderstand me it's not a bad hotel installation at all, but when I demand for a 5* I expect to receive 5*. First of all be carefull Metamorphis is 2 hotels in one. There are 2 address. One where stay the reception is called Metamorphis Excellent and is fake classified as a 5* (10/644, Tyn) and don't have elevator. The 2nd is Metamorphis and is fake classified as a 4* (5/636, Tynsky dvur) and have a 2 person elevator. The both hotels (4* and 5*) use the same reception, staff and service. When I did the reservation at the Excellent (5*) they confirmed it send me an eMail using the Metamorphis (4*) paper and logo. Immediately I replied that my reservation is for the Excellent (5*) NOT that they confirmed. When we arrived they tried hard to locate us at the poor 4* and tried hard to convince us that the big kitchenet, ugly decorated, thin orange curtains with a hole in the middle of the bed, despite located at the 4* building with the entrance at the garage gate passing along the restaurante reception dock and garbage deposits is a 5* room. We complained and after shown the email confirmed the 5* reservation they changed our room.
The Excellent has a good size room, a large but very hard bed, a good bathroom, a good decorated room and is well cleaning. I DON'T RECOMMEND IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A 5*, but if you are searching for a 3* it's OK.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2010

I booked this hotel for a week-end in Prague. I wanted a comfortable place, well located. I chose it after reading some of the reviews.

It seems to me like the hotel accepted my booking (done through one of the partners listed in this site) even knowing they didn´t have rooms available, so when I got there they gave me a room in a lower category hotel (Metamorphis, 4 stars). This hotel is in the same square as the one I actually paid for (Metamorphis Excellent, 5 stars). Of course, I complained. There are plenty of much cheaper hotels in Prague, with the same category, a similar location, and far better service. I wanted a 5 stars, which is what I paid for. They refused to give my money back. Instead, I got a room in the lower class hotel. The night was terribly hot and the room had the aircon broken !!! Then, they brought me a fan so noisy it didn't let me sleep. So I spent most of the night switching the aircon on and off, opening the window and closing it (the noise from the people hanging around outside until over 2 am was too loud). Terrible.

After this nightmare sleepless night, the day after they moved me to the actual Metamorphis Excellent (5 stars). The room was ok, very clean and nicely decorated, although very small. The access to the room was not easy (no elevator). The challenge in this occasion were the curtains, which were small and didn't block the light from outside. The result was another night without proper sleep.
Through all these issues the service was simply terrible. With a very strong attitude and ill manners. And of course, unable to offer me a solution. I just wanted to have a normal sleep (I gave up asking for a comfortable one).

The only thing I can say was good about this hotel was the location. All the rest was just a nightmare to forget. And of course, the city, Prague, is absolutelly wonderful.

Pros:
* Location
* Rooms in the 5 stars hotel (Metamorphis Excellent) clean and nicely decorated

Cons:
* Terrible Service
* Gave me accommodation in a different, lower class hotel
* The worst sleep quality in all the hotels and all categories I have used in my life (I travel very frequently for work).
* Small rooms
* Small bathroom. No bathtube.
* No internet in the rooms (only one computer close to the desk)
* No elevator. No adapted for handicapped travellers.

Based on my own experience I heartedly discourage anybody from choosing this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank Meridio
Reviewed 11 April 2010

Room was super well equiped tea and coffee replenished every day, good breakfast both hot and cold food, excellent location just off Tyne square short walking distance to Charles bridge, Jewish quarters. Great coffee and snacks in the bakers by the hotel. Do try the Staromacek restaurant Dlouha 4 just off the main square, great atmosphere lovely local food try the plum and ham skewer starter. Can,t wait to go back to Prague again and would defianty choose the Metamophis Excellent again. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2010

I came back yesterday from Prague and hmmm, not really sure how to start with the review of the hotel.
First the good things: location is perfect - 1min from the Old town square but in a nice, quite square, our apartment no.824 was really nice-big,cozy,huge bathroom with a jacuzzi and a huge shower, sitting area, lcd tv with surround sistem, 2 big windows etc, it was clean...
Bad things: i was expecting czech hospitality at least in the hotel-you can only dream of it!they are professional but not in a good way..On the day of booking (wednesday) of the hotel i recived a email from the hotel that my CC was expired altough i way paying with that card the same day and the day after and that i should make a reservation with another CC wich i made on friday and i didn't get any confirmation if the second CC was ok altough i called them on thursday&friday and they couldn't give me any info about my CC's. During my stay i realised that my first CC was charged-i went to the reception and the lady told me that the card was charged on WEDNESDAY evening and that i should talk to the menager the second day which i did and she told me that she sent me a confirmation email the day the reservation was made but i didnt recive any - why the hell they didn't told me any of this when i was calling them on thursday&friday??? so i think the manager made up the confirmation email. Furthermore, we didnt get the slippers and the bathrobes and big minus is the breakfast - that is NOT A 5* breakfast-you will see.

That's most of it, i belive..i would recomend the hotel to anyone cos of the location and the big apartment but the hotel staff is not so good (except the guy with the long hair-he was nice).

!! IMPORTANT !! - watch out where your change your money and be sure to ask EVERY TIME THE SAME QUESTION: How much czech crowns can i get for 100 euros,dollars... - that way they can't cheat on you!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luka55
Reviewed 18 December 2009

My wife and I stayed here for four nights in September and found it to be a very nice hotel. The only problems we had was finding it on the first day and getting up to our room. There are no elevators and our room was located on teh thrid floor. It was 60 steps up to the third level. You need to be in good shape to climb the stairs several times a day. Its location is perfect. Close to everything in the old town.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2009

We stayed here for three nights during a short break to Prague. The hotel is in the pedestrian precinct area adjacent to the Old Town Square but separated from it by a couple of streets and a small square. The hotel is small - at a guess about sixteen rooms - but our room was large and very well appointed. In fact it had one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in away from home. Furnishings were muted and well done. The bathroom was very well appointed although it didn't have a shower - just a hand held attachment in the bath. I found this not very convenient but it didn't detract from the stay. There was a very large balcony, although this was at the back of the hotel and did not have a view. There was also a small entrance lobby to the room. The room was equipped with individually controlled air conditioning, which we found a blessing as it was very warm, and as a result we didn't have to open the two windows, which looked out on to the square. The room was very quiet and indeed we heard no sound from the street or adjacent rooms. The staff were very helpful and gave us a cordial service and arranged concert tickets for us. The hotel is within walking distance of all of the historical attractions and shopping areas in the centre of Prague. Breakfast was served from 07.30 each day and comprised a small amount of cooked food and a large amount of cold meats, cheese, pastries et al. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel for other meals, although the menu was largely Italian and did not feature Czech cuisine. There are a number of other restaurants in the vicinity which do though we recommend caution in the restaurants bordering the Old Town Square, which were comparitively expensive. The hotel is about thirty minutes from the airport by car. We strongly recommend the hotel for visitors to Prague.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple