“Dirty and loud” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #340 of 656 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Dirty and loud”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

You really get what you pay for. Besides the great location, the hostel was very dirty. The desk drawers inside the room was stuffed with old garbage (no trash can in the room) and the bathroom was also dirty. Only two showers and sinks for all the girls and NO place to change. The locks on the toilet doors also didn't work. There was an old bra hanging on the shower door for the whole 3 days I stayed. Loud hostel too. It was supposed to be quiet after 10pm but no one paid attention to it and the staff didn't ask them too. Really wouldn't recommend this hostel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Cadiz
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

The hostel is surrounded by a lot of small pubs :) its 15 min walk from train staition and close to the main sight. The rooms are clean, just the kitchen has not the best smell, but its big and u can meet other travelers there. The minus- in our room the wall was kind of unfinished till the top so during the night u can hear every sound and feel like sleeping in the living room. In general nice place

Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Hostel was better than expected especially for the cheapness of it. we arrived in prague a night earlier and hadnt booked a room however managed to get in okay but they did not have our 3 night booking we made a few weeks ago luckily we had email to prove to them! And lady was very helpful and nice.. Much better than the other people on reception one guy was incredibly rude and unhelpful! And they were not very friendly at all! We stayed a few nights and it was okay good they had free wifi but pretty slow at times or stopped working, it was pretty quiet which was good but we went out most nights anyway. Bathrooms were cleaned every day and better than expected, however shower drains blocked which was yuck getting into them water hadn't drained properly the got onto it the final day I was there. Not amazing but what do u expect with hostel

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jaf215
Wroclaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

The best thing about this hostel is for sure location. This is why I have choosen Emma when I wanted to visit Prague. In my opinion another things were pretty cool if we compare them to the price. The worst for me was small pillow (horribly uncomfortable), and lockers should be little bit bigger.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Despite having multiple conflicts and disagreements with my parents, I love them with all my heart. However, as mortals we are confronted with our own mortality every single day; and I dread the day when my parents are no longer with me. During my stay at Emma Hostel I am not only reminded of my own mortality, but I felt as though Death itself had dressed up as an inexpensive lodging establishment at Prague to lure in young and naive travelers; and I am living inside Death's underbelly.

The showers were decorated with rotten wood and sticky shower curtains. Unless you are a homeless drug addict living around the suburbs of Detroit, I do not imagine these things would be considered "hospitable", much less a place to clean yourself. Throughout the entire stay, I was greeted with a stench that would be best described as "post-coital at the kitchen with a rotten tuna". Did they secretly run an underground prostitution ring beneath this innocent-looking and very inept hostel? Who knows? We can only speculate.

The service was shockingly disgusting. They couldn't be anymore unpleasant with us if they'd just witness an alligator drag their newborn into the lake and ate it alive. This fact is accentuated when a young attractive women who checked in few hours later than us was greeted in the most welcoming way possible, you'd think she'd cured world hunger. Honestly, I was quite impressed by this dramatic U-turn, and not in a factitious sarcastic manner. I know I shouldn't be so critical considering the price of this place, and taking into account I am only a student.

But there's a line service industry shouldn't cross, and they crossed it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Andrew Y

Travellers are raving about these Prague hotels

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

The location was good, about 10 mins from old town. We had a double room with two single beds pushed together, sometimes it was way too warm in the room but nice to come back to in the winter. We had a shared kitchen, bathroom, and shower room with two showers, that wasn't too clean. The lock for the shower room wasn't very safe and could be undone from the outside if wanted... However we had the whole apartment complex for ourselves most of the days and it was really quiet. On the last day we decided to go to the top floor and see if there was a nice view of the city, and we found a lot of used needles, tinfoil and ash from cigarettes by the window which was a shock. However, it was very cheap and just a place to sleep, after all.

Room Tip: We had the room in the side building away from the reception, and were 3 floors up. It's very qu...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed here for three nights last summer. The good bits were: it's location; we could come and go at any hour as the receptionist would let us in; the staff were helpful. But there were plenty of bad parts. It was cheap so we weren't expecting much,and although we didn't mind it being basic, it was very dirty. The rooms and corridors all smelt of damp, especially the kitchen, which had cutlery but no washing up liquid, so who knows when they were last cleaned. The bathrooms were clean, and we did see the cleaner there everyday.So if you want somewhere cheap and you are only staying briefly then I would say it's alright, and it is very close to tourist attractions, bars, tram line etc. But don't expect much.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends