“Excellent food and service.”

Plzensky restaurant Andel
Ranked #735 of 5,594 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Praha 5
Description: estaurant Anděl is a modern facility located in Prague's Smíchov quarter on Nádražní Street, near Anděl station. The interior of the restaurant covers three floors, all completely non-smoking since March 2014. The ground floor offers 20 tables that can accommodate more than 100 guests. Lovers of our Pilsner Urquell tank beer, which is renowned for its quality not only in Prague, can also take advantage of bar tables located around the main bar. There are 2 bowling alleys and seating for 50 other guests on the first basement floor. A cozy wine cellar that can seat other 40 guests is located on the lowest floor. The two underground floors are a very popular venue for social and corporate events. Up to 80 people can sit also in a modern winter garden in the ground floor. In nice weather guests can spend a high quality time in our inner courtyard for almost 200 people.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Service was very professional, food was delicate and we sat outside in nice backyard. I have good experience with more food from this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Plzensky restaurant Andel

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I ate here twice and i ate here once alone. This is a pub frequented by locals and it can become very busy. On one occasion, no table space was available when I wanted to eat later in the evening. The menu is extensive and an English menu is available, as are menus in other languages besides Czech. We ate local dishes and found them to be very good and the portions large. The local beer I had on each occasion was very good. Service was excellent and the staff friendly and helpful. The location is just across the street from the Andel station of the underground and also near the stops of several tram lines. A large shopping mall is nearby and street fair/markets are held adjacent on the weekends. Several other restaurants and pubs are located in the immediate area, as well as a variety of shopping. If you want to try good and authentic Czech food at reasonable prices in Prague, I suggest this restaurant.

1  Thank JonSE1
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The restaurant is located to opposite to the Andel metro station/mall, and serves traditional food.
I had ribs and grilled vegetables with basil. Simple, delicious and heavy dinner. Plus peach poached in red wine for dessert.

Friendly and quick service.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Great place. Salmon was good. But the lamb and the ribs where even better. 100% recommend.
My wife and me asked for two with chicken wings and ribs. I recommend forget the wings and oh for the full ribs.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We ate at a lot of restaurants during our stay in Prague and only a few of them were a disappointment. But in our opinion Andel is the best of all restaurants in Prague to try the local dishes a very high quality (I would even say it deserves 1 Michelin Star)
We tried e.g. the veal cheeks and the beef shoulders - fantastic. The dishes are worth at least two times the price they want.
So, if you go to Prague it's a must to go there...

1  Thank Utzinger