“don't go - much better beer everywhere else”

Plzensky restaurant Andel
Ranked #667 of 5,665 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Praha 5
Description: estaurant Anděl is a modern facility located in Prague's Smíchov quarter on Nádražní Street, near Anděl station. The interior of the restaurant covers three floors, all completely non-smoking since March 2014. The ground floor offers 20 tables that can accommodate more than 100 guests. Lovers of our Pilsner Urquell tank beer, which is renowned for its quality not only in Prague, can also take advantage of bar tables located around the main bar. There are 2 bowling alleys and seating for 50 other guests on the first basement floor. A cozy wine cellar that can seat other 40 guests is located on the lowest floor. The two underground floors are a very popular venue for social and corporate events. Up to 80 people can sit also in a modern winter garden in the ground floor. In nice weather guests can spend a high quality time in our inner courtyard for almost 200 people.
Reviewed 14 August 2014

service is mediocre and the beer was very disappointing, there are dozens of places within 10 minute walk which are much better, for example Kozlovna around the corner. Don't go to this place!!!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was drawn in by the cute terrace dining area, which looked pleasant and attractive from the outside.

When our orange juice was served, it arrived in half filled glasses. Mine had 5 small fruit flies in it – my friend's had 2. We notified our waiter who said "it's okay", before taking them away and returning with 2 more glasses (or maybe the same glasses, with the flies picked out).

It took another 15-20 minutes for them to heat up some soup. And a further 50 minutes before our mains came to the table. Had it been an evening meal where I had plenty of time I might've been okay, though this lunch got quite stressful as I had to go back to work – and had spent pretty much the entire lunch hour just waiting. There weren't even that many customers.

It didn't help that our waiter didn't communicate and wasn't reassuring. He didn't take much care with personal presentation (dishevelled appearance and didn't smile) either, and just abruptly said "one minute" a few times.

The food itself was alright, but by then I was so disappointed by the experience in general, I was unable to enjoy it. A beer here might be alright – but for food, I'd go elsewhere.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Having tried the food in restaurants in the center this place was a good change to local food and atmosphere. Friendly staff and local people added with tasty food. I can only recommend the sour sweet sausage and the baked duck.

1  Thank MikeWithBike
Reviewed 23 July 2014

this restaurant is right opposite the matro, with a charming terrace. i saw mostly locals there and the food was traditional czech dishes. the menu was availible in english and the waiters very helpful. the food was tasty and delicious!i was lucky somebody recommended this place to me.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Andel serves traditional meals with a good service and a smile. Some a rarely on menus. The dill soup is not a visual delight but tastes good. The beer cheese starter is strong and surprising. Main dishes are rich.