“Great authentic czech food at brilliant prices”

Restaurace Mlejnice
Ranked #492 of 6,749 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, Eastern European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: Mlejnice restaurant in Kožná street was opened in the immediate vicinity of the Old Town Square in 1999 and since then thanks to its stylish and cozy interior, lovely atmosphere, and renowned cuisine together with a wide offer of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks it belongs among the most sought-after restaurants in this area. We draft Pilsen, unpasteurized Gambrinus, and dark Kozel. In a wine list, you can find mostly wines from the region of Moravia.
Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

We found a review of this place on TripAdvisor and I was determined to go. We had lunch here this afternoon and it was amazing. We both had the beef goulash in bread roll and loved it. The flavour was unlike anything I've ever had before, it was beautiful. Filled with plenty of tender beef and juicy goulash gravy, what more can you ask for. The two goulash and two beers cost around £15 which was really cheap for the excellent quality food. What a find. We'll be back.

2  Thank Leannedrummond86

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

I can't rate this place highly enough...if you want traditional Czech food you must come here. The pork ribs are fantastic, unfortunately because they were so busy they ran out of the Pork Knuckle but I have made a booking for tomorrow night. Meals are big and the price is very Cheap a must when in Prague .

Reviewed 18 June 2016

The tour company had pre-selected this restaurant for a lunch during the group’s city walking tour. We walked in a rustic environment and were treated to excellent service. I was astounded by the salad—a meal in itself. There were a dozen ingredients and about a four-ounce wedge of spectacular blue cheese. (Depicted in the attached photo.) The set menu included roast duck accompanied by red cabbage and potatoes, and I seem to recall a rich sauce. All this was accompanied by a pint of local beer. I could have had wine, but it was a bit too early for that. Though the meal was far too much for one person, a scrumptious desert couldn’t be refused. Since the meal was included in the tour, I don’t know the menu prices, but if you’re looking for typical Bohemian cuisine, I highly recommend Restaurace Mlejnice. I think, however, that such a large meal is more suited for evening accompanied by a local wine. Enjoy!

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank DeanMurphy2020
Reviewed 18 June 2016

I had a lunch with my friends in this restaurant. They have cheaper price in comparison with other restaurant around. I ordered the Goulash soup in a hard round bread (a traditional Czech food) and it was pretty amazing. My friend ordered a spare rips and she said it was so delicious. The restaurant was decorated with old style (see the photos). I would recommend it for who want to try a cheap restaurant (in the center) but good quality.

Reviewed 5 June 2016

I had goulash in three different places in the Czech Republic, and this place had the best. The pork knee was crisp on the outside and tender and juicy in the outside. Perfect with beer. It's located a few meters off the old town square, but you have to be comfortable looking for it in a narrow alley.