“Best food in Prague”

Ranked #492 of 6,749 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, Eastern European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: Mlejnice restaurant in Kožná street was opened in the immediate vicinity of the Old Town Square in 1999 and since then thanks to its stylish and cozy interior, lovely atmosphere, and renowned cuisine together with a wide offer of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks it belongs among the most sought-after restaurants in this area. We draft Pilsen, unpasteurized Gambrinus, and dark Kozel. In a wine list, you can find mostly wines from the region of Moravia.
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

The food was amazing. Best food we had in Prague. Tastes like good old home cooking. The restaurant gets very busy, so worth booking, otherwise you can queue for quite a while.

I ate the mixed grill, which I would definitely recommend. My wife had the pork knee, which gave me food envy!

Reviewed 30 August 2016

Very delicious food, cozy atmosphere and very good prices. Cabbage pancakes were superb. The cheapest beer in the oldtown.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

My friends and I came back here two nights in a row for dinner - it was delicious! The first time I had the beer goulash and it was fantastic. Lots of food for a very reasonable price. The second time I got gnocchi with spinach, bacon, and onion with a side of grilled vegetables. The server was friendly and the food came out at a reasonable time. And of course, the beer was great. All around would recommend!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 28 August 2016

A little hard to find, but don't give up, it's worth it. I think the easiest way to find it is to start from the Astronomical Clock (everyone in Prague can point you to that), then walk
50 yards up Zelezna Street, and turn right onto Kozna Street (Kozna Street looks more like a driveway or an alley, but it's a street!) Walk down Kozna Street (it makes a narrow left and a narrow right) about 50 yards, and the Mlejnice will be at Number 488 on your left. We were a party of 4, and with Czech draft beers, appetizers, full course dinners (I had the Lamb cutlet-about twice as large as a cutlet I usually get at restaurants in the USA) and with a tip, our tab was less than $15 US per person. We were there mid-week, at about 7:PM, and were seated right away; but it's a small place and after us, people were waiting an hour to be seated (and waiting patiently, which speaks well for the restaurant's reputation) , so I recommend arriving early. Some tables were reserved, but we didn't know beforehand that they take reservations (we should've asked our Hotel's concierge), so we just took our chances,
and we were lucky! I would dine there every night, just to sample everything else on the menu.

1  Thank Doris W
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

I came here with my 15 colleagues, and everyone of us were happy about what we ordered. The service was great! I definitely recommend this restaurant! The portions were also large!