“Twice in two days ?”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Praha 2
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Whilst i was working at a conference in Prague, my wife discovered this place completely by accident and having walked around the rather exceptional graveyard (you need to see it) outside the stunning St Peter and Paul cathedral, she stopped for a light lunch of beef carpaccio and a glass of Prosseco in the autumn sun.

My wife having been inspired to poetry, we both visited for lunch the following day. Carpaccio again, with pasta and chicken to follow, washed down by a deeply quaffable local Reisling. This carpaccio was exactly as it should be - delicate meat, olive oil, parmesan shavings and a sprinkling of black pepper. Only once have I had better.

Delightful.

1  Thank Wingsters

Reviewed 2 July 2012

We went to Rio's and had a delightful meal. Our waiter looked like a young Jeff Goldblum and he even knew who Jeff Goldblum was because when we asked him if he knew who the American Actor Jeff Goldblum was, he said, "Jeff Goldblum from The Fly." It was a colorful, neat and clean looking restaurant. Our service was excellent and the food was delicious. It was not exceptionally busy during the time that we were there. We all had a different entree including ratatouille. It was one of our favorite meals from our 18 days in Europe. After dinner we went to the top of the hill and watched the sunset. It was a perfect choice for my family of six and about a 10-15 minute walk from Aparthotel City 5 where we were staying.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

There are many good restaurants in Prague (and many awful ones too!), and this is one of the good ones. The staff are friendly and attentive, the manager a wonderful host. The food is absolutely sublime. My friend and I both had the specials, Sea Bass and a Filet. Perfectly cooked and served with simple but tasty sides - yum!
Yes, it's pricier than your average cafe, but this is in a marvellous location, popular with locals and tourists, and not somewhere you'd visit every day - so it's worth splashing out a little.
I will definitely go back hen next in Prague.
Incidentally, the surrounding area (the castle grounds of the first Czech kings) makes for a fabulous pre or post meal walk - wonderful views of the city from the ramparts.
Go on - spoil yourself - after all, you're worth it. Aren't you?

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Shockingly bad service and over priced, what a combination! Everyone treated as tourists rather than guests.

2  Thank 836Steve_T836
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We spent here very Nice evening with my girlfriend, very nice food (beefsteak isnthe best) and drinks, I asked in advance to arrange a flowers for me and everything went fine. Price little bit higher, but it is exclusive restaurant at exclusive spot.

1  Thank 1Bob123456