“Good Solid Food & Service in an otherwise interesting city for food.”
Review of U Patrona

U Patrona
Ranked #1,330 of 5,821 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$9 - US$49
Cuisines: European, Czech, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Malá Strana (Little Quarter)
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I toured through 5 countries in western Europe and generally found the food to be acceptable and if you stayed off the beaten path reasonably priced, everything considered. In Prague U Patrona stood out from the rest of the other places with everyone at our table being exceptionally happy with our plates and service, this was not so at the other establishments throughout Prague. The inconsistency of restaurants seems to appear through other reviews and is how we found most places. The other surprising fact was the proximity and location to the Charles Bridge, however not on the old city side.

1  Thank Tamaqua

Reviewed 7 July 2014

After I have received incorret bill with higher price and wrong dish listed, no one came back to me in 10 minutes.

As an answer for my question:"Why do you want me to pay for the what I did not eat?", I have received a story about Czech and English Languages differences.

Finally, bill was changed, after I survived in bidding with three waiters.

1  Thank SSergV
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We were warned about restaurants in the Lesser Quarter inflating rates for tourists - and it sure seems like U Patrona fits that description. Our service was very slow. They brought us bread, then charged us for it without informing us that was the case. Then there was an added service charge on the bill that we couldn't figure out. Many other great options close by so I would stay away.

2  Thank Sean B
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We like this place. Very good food and service and everything first class. This is real nice little traditional restaurant just of the Charles Bridge. The staff is very friendly and professional. We like their selection of wines, deserts and especially meat dishes. This is also a great intimate place for dates. close to historical center of Prague. This was probably for the first time in Prague I had a steak (rib eye) done to perfection as I ordered it - medium rare. Photo enclosed.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was there one morning mid June. I ordered pancakes with cottage cheese from the breakfast menu and expected more than one since 'pancakes' is plural. I received one crepe. My partner ordered some eggs and he got half of a bread loaf with it. Did not make sense for me.

Been to U Patrona? Share your experiences!