Hostel Downtown
Preferred Hotels
US$73
US$71
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$129
Priceline
1,324 results
All reviewsbeer tastingwalking tourgil contifree walkingfree activitiespub crawlbeer pongfree dinnercommon roomprivate bathroomspecial thankscommon areasold townwalking distancethe location is perfectcharles bridgeprague castle
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Not far from the railways or the history. A perfect location that was relatively easy to find. From moment one the staff was friendly and more then accommodating. The rooms are large and some have the shower right inside of the room which was very clutch. My roommates were friendly and most were there with similar intents as I in their social outreaching goals. The place was very clean and very modern looking in the lounging areas. I definitely suggest the astroturf couch (gamechanger).There is dinning all around but the real treats are by the old town square and the side streets offshooting from there. If you are interested in some fun, the activities the hostel has set up weekly are very interesting. The winner in that category has to be the "Ghost Tour". The guide Meric(k?) and his dog Sanca are a duo that will have you enjoying the activities and keep you laughing the whole time. He is a great tour guide and cares deeply for the cities history. He also, if you're nice enough, will show you an authentic cheap Czech pub that has live music freestyle session and is within 2 blocks of the hostel. So if you are musically talented and have your instrument, I would bring it on this tour. The night on the ghost tour and the pub was by far my best night in Prague (even after the 5 story club) if not on my whole trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Aaron A
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Hostel Downtown was by far the stand out hostel on our entire trip. Right from the booking through to departure everyone was exceedingly helpful and friendly. Marek's walking tour was comprehensive but also very personalized- allowing us to climb the towers for amazing views, listen to the musicians on the bridge and giving us the locals' insight into Prague. Marek was also very kind and showed me how to make special onion drink when I was unwell. Our rooms were very clean, sunny and spacious and perfect temperature. The view of the Prague skyline from our window was beautiful. The evening activities were a unique touch- cooking classes were fun and social. Definitely stay here!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Rebecca J
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I can recommend the Hostel Downtown situated in the centre of Prague. During my stay in the hostel I had a great time, especially on wednesday - it is the time for activity: summer cinema with Pavlina (she is very friendly and charming person). The place (don´t remember how it is called) had atmosphere and energy, we got snack and excellent movie Django Unchained! After this we walked back to hostel and watched night Prague. I can recommend this hostel again and wednesday activity too!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pipa B
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed in downtown hostel for 2 nights during my stay in Prague. I had a great time there - very nice staff, many opportunities and very interesting people around. Especially the tour with Gil Conti was great. We walked with him for about 2 hours to more or less touristic places and got to know a lot about Prague and his own relationship to the city. It was a very relaxed walk in a good atmosphere with a lot of interesting anecdotes and information :-).
The hostel is situated in the center, very close to "Vagon", a must-visit pub for everyone who likes rock - I had a great evening there.
So all in all, I would absolutely recommend Downtown Hostel!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lara_Marder
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We had an amazing time here! This place is in an absolutely perfect location and the rooms are really spacious. We had out own ensuite and the kitchen was very well equipped- perfect for our stay! The wifi sometimes didn't work, but it wasn't much of a problem for us! We would thoroughly recommend this place!!

• Stayed: July 2014