“Great Place To Stay”

Ranked #12 of 361 Prague B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed 21 June 2011

we arrived and the staff were very friendly, the price was very good as was the room and bathroom! great location and easily accesible to public transport

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New Mexico
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I stayed at the Dahlia Inn from Jun 6 to Jun 15, 2011. I found the hotel via TripAdvisor and was very impressed with all the positive comments I read. I was not disappointed. From the moment I reserved my room, I contacted the hotel, and I was contacted within hours. Every question was met with a helpful and courteous response.

Before I left, my flight out of Prague was cancelled by the airline and moved to the next day. I worked with Mark at the hotel, and he was more than happy to adjust my reservation to accommodate this change.

Getting to the hotel from the airport is fairly simple. A bus from the airport takes you directly to the metro stop that will then get you to within walking distance of the hotel.

The hotel is very nicely appointed with very modern furniture and look. Check in was a breeze and Mark went over all the details including providing an area map with important suggestions on where to eat, etc. Mark is a wealth of information and he can help you get wherever you need to go. He helped me do some do-it-yourself excursions out of Prague, and pointed me towards some really good restaurants.

Breakfast is not included with cost of the hotel, but hot water is available with fixings for coffee, tea, and other hot drinks. A small refrigerator is also available in your room to keep bottled water, etc. Breakfast can be arranged with the hotel staff in advance at extra cost. Wi-Fi is free and available throughout the hotel and works extremely well at all times of the day.

The room itself was sufficient for my needs, and Mark provided a fan which was more than I needed for the entire stay. You have a TV, in-room safe, telephone, desk w/ chair, and good-sized bathroom with shower. I was in room #1 with window facing an inner courtyard. Very little noise but I don’t generally have a problem with this especially with the window closed.

Laundry service is available. There are several little markets and stores around the hotel to stock up on snacks and drinks, and there are numerous restaurants throughout the area – of all kinds. The major tourist tram #22 stops just outside the hotel (learn how to use the system – it’s easy and worthwhile), so you can get to and from the big tourist sites with relative ease. Wenceslas Square is within walking distance as are old town and the Charles Bridge – if you like to walk. I found the area to be safe at all times during the day and in the evenings.

I also learned how to use the train system to get out of town to visit two other cities during my stay in Prague. The process is relatively simple, and most of the people I dealt with in Prague and at the train station were able to communicate in English. Once you get out of Prague though, it helps to make friends - just to make sure you are going in the right direction, etc.

English is widely used in the Prague area especially in the touristy parts. Restaurants may post a menu in several languages including English and will generally have someone help you in English if you need help. Information in the railroad station has people who speak English, and the people who sell metro tickets at the metro stops may know some minimal English as well. You can use metro tickets on the tram and on buses but there is a system – do some homework and learn how to use it.

Prior to leaving Prague, I was informed that there was to be a major strike that would affect public transportation. Mark kept me up-to-date on all the news. I finally decided to get a hotel closer to the airport the night before my flight out, as there was no guaranty that anyone would be able to get out of the city proper during the strike. Mark let me make the move without extra cost.

Fortunately, the airport provided private bus service close to the hotel where I stayed, and I was able to get to the airport for my next flight without incident.

I can’t say enough good things about my stay here. Mark really made it worthwhile with his excellent customer service, and I would highly recommend the Dahlia Inn to anyone who wants to spend a pleasant, inexpensive, and informed stay in Prague.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank SteveNM
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We loved our stay at the Dahlia! The staff were so helpful with restaurant suggestions and tips on getting around. As other reviewers mentioned, the Inn is very well situated, and we only used the trams 2-3 times. It is about a 20 minute walk down to the Old Town area. The complimentary breakfast was a wonderful touch, and the spread was much bigger than I would have expected given the room price.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KSirakos
Chicago
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I stayed at Dahlia inn 2 weeks ago with 3 friends of mine for 5 nights. Dahlia is perfectly situated in walking distance to everything...we never took a tram or train anywhere. The b&b is cute and cozy and decorated tastefully. Previous reviews mention that you need to carry your luggage but there is an elevator now so you do not have to worry about carrying luggage. What really makes the B&B 5 stars is the host Mark....he was happy to answer all our questions and really knows the area well and where everything is located. He also recommended fabulous restaurants for us to dine at that were phenomenal. I wish Mark owned a B&B in every city I traveled too. I highly recommend Dahlia Inn as a great B&B to stay inn while visiting Prague.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank ChgoFoodie
vasterhaninge
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Before we went ,Booking .com advised us , a couple in the eighties, that this hotel mainly was frequented by younger people. We found that only people in wheelchairs could have problems whith access. The staff was very friendly , englishspoken and alert. One night my wife experienced a slight heartcondition . The young lady in the reception happened to be a medical student and she instantly searched the web for a hospital capable of taking care of a foreigner´s problem.Our room was spacious and so was the bathroom. Hot water , coffe ,tea and even swedish ginger biscuits where available 24 h. A light breakfast could be served at a reasonable price. Across the street was a restaurant/breewery/breewry museum that served traditional czech. food accompanied by their own beer . Tramstop closeby . There are only 8 rooms so we booked about 5 months in advance. As there is no aircondioning our room facing south might be a liitle hot in the summer.We will certainly stay here next time we visit Prague.

Room Tip: Booked by Booking.com
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2011

My partner and I stayed for four nights and we were very pleased. The entrance and ground floor were a bit dingy but once you got (via the lift) to the hotel on the 2nd floor things looked up considerably. The reception and rooms looked great and the room was comfortable and spacious with a good bathroom. Storage space was limited but this wasn't a problem for us. The hotel was on the most useful tram route (22 I think) which helped a great deal. The only minor quibble was that we felt that the room was a bit warm and it meant that we had to keep the window open and suffered from some noise at night. All in all though it was a great hotel and I must give a special mention to Mark for his service and help during our stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NKW007
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2011

We stayed at the Dahlia Inn for four nights in March. We were so impressed by the quality of the bedroom (which was lovely) and the bathroom (which was huge). Another big plus was how helpful the owner Mark was, being full of ideas for things we should go and see. It did get a little chilly in the room in the evening, but overall it was a really fantastic hotel which could probably charge an awful lot more for what it provides.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple