“Modern, Bright Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 359 Prague B&B and Inns
Palo Alto, California
“Modern, Bright Hotel”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Great hotel. 1 min walk to tram stop. Across the street from a great Czech restaurant/beer hall. Down the street from a laundry. Room and furnishings were new, modern, and trendy. Breakfast was good - cold cereal, yogurt, and assorted baked goods. Zussana (spelling ?), the Slovak girl at the front desk, was super knowledgeable and friendly. Only downfall was that the hotel seems to be on a main ambulance route as many ambulances with sirens wailing passed by our room. Overall, I highly recommend the hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kalanianaole808

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We came to Prague for a few days, and REALLY liked Dahlia Inn. We walked EVERYWHERE even though transportation was close by. Mark was VERY attentive and informative--a great host! Dahlia Inn is practical, functional, safe and comfortable (don't let the facade turn you off). Pay cash in Euros for best value.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cre8Pinot
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I stayed at Dahlia earlier this month and was very impressed - thank you, Trip Advisor reviewers for the tips! Dahlia is in "New Town," and is about a 10 minute walk to the town center. It is also walking distance to the train station, which made things easy the day we left. Dahlia is very new, modern and tastefully decorated. The room was nice and spacious and the beds were comfortable. Don't let the building facade fool you (it's a rather old building with a very small sign for the name of the Inn), it's a gem inside. The best part of staying at Dahlia is the owner, Mark, who was SUPER helpful throught our stay. Mark speaks perfect English, and spent a good deal of time with us when we arrived, helping us orient ourselves. He gave us suggestions on what to do on a rainy day (it was raining the day we got there) and lent us umbrellas for our day around town. We didn't order breakfast while I was there, but I'm thinking we should have - it looked nice! I have no reservations recommending this hotel! Especially for the price! In fact, even if you wanted to spend more, I think you would have a hard time finding something as nice, new and clean with such nice staff.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank MenloParkTraveler
Sheffield
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Me and my girlfriend stayed here and we loved it.

It was a bit dodgy from the outside and they were still working on other parts of the building, but once on the hotel floor, it was lovely.
The recptionist spoke great english and was very helpful.
He showed us to our room, which was very modern with a wonderful and spacious bathroom.
The room had a large Double bed, a modern big TV, and was very clean.

The Location was very good, as we were just a few minutes walk from the Charles Bridge or Wencelas Square.

The Price was also very good, hence why we stayed here.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are as good...
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Great little hotel! Our room was clean and nicely decorated, the staff was friendly and the location of this hotel is perfect.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2011

we arrived and the staff were very friendly, the price was very good as was the room and bathroom! great location and easily accesible to public transport

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
New Mexico
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I stayed at the Dahlia Inn from Jun 6 to Jun 15, 2011. I found the hotel via TripAdvisor and was very impressed with all the positive comments I read. I was not disappointed. From the moment I reserved my room, I contacted the hotel, and I was contacted within hours. Every question was met with a helpful and courteous response.

Before I left, my flight out of Prague was cancelled by the airline and moved to the next day. I worked with Mark at the hotel, and he was more than happy to adjust my reservation to accommodate this change.

Getting to the hotel from the airport is fairly simple. A bus from the airport takes you directly to the metro stop that will then get you to within walking distance of the hotel.

The hotel is very nicely appointed with very modern furniture and look. Check in was a breeze and Mark went over all the details including providing an area map with important suggestions on where to eat, etc. Mark is a wealth of information and he can help you get wherever you need to go. He helped me do some do-it-yourself excursions out of Prague, and pointed me towards some really good restaurants.

Breakfast is not included with cost of the hotel, but hot water is available with fixings for coffee, tea, and other hot drinks. A small refrigerator is also available in your room to keep bottled water, etc. Breakfast can be arranged with the hotel staff in advance at extra cost. Wi-Fi is free and available throughout the hotel and works extremely well at all times of the day.

The room itself was sufficient for my needs, and Mark provided a fan which was more than I needed for the entire stay. You have a TV, in-room safe, telephone, desk w/ chair, and good-sized bathroom with shower. I was in room #1 with window facing an inner courtyard. Very little noise but I don’t generally have a problem with this especially with the window closed.

Laundry service is available. There are several little markets and stores around the hotel to stock up on snacks and drinks, and there are numerous restaurants throughout the area – of all kinds. The major tourist tram #22 stops just outside the hotel (learn how to use the system – it’s easy and worthwhile), so you can get to and from the big tourist sites with relative ease. Wenceslas Square is within walking distance as are old town and the Charles Bridge – if you like to walk. I found the area to be safe at all times during the day and in the evenings.

I also learned how to use the train system to get out of town to visit two other cities during my stay in Prague. The process is relatively simple, and most of the people I dealt with in Prague and at the train station were able to communicate in English. Once you get out of Prague though, it helps to make friends - just to make sure you are going in the right direction, etc.

English is widely used in the Prague area especially in the touristy parts. Restaurants may post a menu in several languages including English and will generally have someone help you in English if you need help. Information in the railroad station has people who speak English, and the people who sell metro tickets at the metro stops may know some minimal English as well. You can use metro tickets on the tram and on buses but there is a system – do some homework and learn how to use it.

Prior to leaving Prague, I was informed that there was to be a major strike that would affect public transportation. Mark kept me up-to-date on all the news. I finally decided to get a hotel closer to the airport the night before my flight out, as there was no guaranty that anyone would be able to get out of the city proper during the strike. Mark let me make the move without extra cost.

Fortunately, the airport provided private bus service close to the hotel where I stayed, and I was able to get to the airport for my next flight without incident.

I can’t say enough good things about my stay here. Mark really made it worthwhile with his excellent customer service, and I would highly recommend the Dahlia Inn to anyone who wants to spend a pleasant, inexpensive, and informed stay in Prague.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo