“Oasis of peace”

Ranked #547 of 5,589 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Description: Dobra cajovna located in the lower part of Wenceslas Square, was opened on July 1st, 1993. Even in the post-revolutionary times, it managed to attract attention. Before then, tea rooms were not as popular. Make sure you visit this unique place, where you can choose from the tearoom's extensive selection of teas and snacks from traditional tea producing countries all around the world. Local staff - the devoteas - are schooled and trained in their knowledge of tea and various methods of it's preparation.
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Beautiful place, so peaceful. My husband and me tried beautiful teas, as well as some delicious snacks (some sesame based). The time stops when you enter the Čajovna. It is a step to a different world. For every recomendation!

There are newer reviews for Dobra Cajovna

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This was the first tea house we visited with our two boys (9 & 5) The selection of tea is amazing and we were able to try a couple of new teas. When we arrived, there were not any tables available but the 15 minute wait was well worth it! A nice relaxing atmosphere were we sipped on wonderful teas while our boys had 3 orders of hummus and pita bread! We loved our experience so much we walked out with 4 new teas and new teacups! A must if you are into tea!

1  Thank Natasha H
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I came here in October with my sister. Back again now with my daughter . Lots of wonderful teas. The menu explains all about the teas and where they are from. Staff are friendly and helpful to. Nice calm atmosphere,very good for taking away any stress. You pick your tea then ring a bell you are given and just enjoy. Nice snacks too. We stayed for nearly three hours trying different teas. Really lovely. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Great tea menu, the diversity of teas is amazing. Super relaxing enviroment with confortable lights and music.
The food is also very well cooked and with good prices. The Homus and the Baba Ganush were my favorites.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Was there on Sunday 27th of Oct. Really lovely tea rooms. My sister and I tried a couple of different type of tea. All very nice. Very cozy place to relax. Well worth going if your into tea.

1  Thank Linda B