“fancy restaurant”

Ranked #781 of 5,820 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Staré Město (Old Town)
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This restaurant is quite close to Old Town square, located in a basement. It is a luxurious place to go for gourmet cuisine and a fancy dinner, and of course the price is in accordance to that. I can't say I was impressed by the food as I was impressed by the interior.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

A good meal in this cellar restaurant next to the Bethlehem Chapel of Jan Hus. Good menu, service also good and reasonably priced. Low table lighting reminiscent of the late '60's and 70's

Reviewed 23 May 2014

In Prague it is quite difficult to find a bad place to eat. (Un)fortunately Klub Architektu is my second disappointment in the last years. Contrary to many reviews here they try (!) to serve international dishes rather than czech specialities. No wonder, there were mostly Americans when we dined in. My order sounded delicious on the menu: creamy potato soup with bread and chicken steak in plum sauce, served with mashed potatoes. The soup was salty with two chunks of potato. The white bread that came with it was old and mushy. I really have to question any restaurant that dares to offer such bread! Then I got a tasteless chicken steak. It was prepared without any salt or pepper. The - too sweet - plum sauce was served in a bowl and it did not help to make the chicken taste any better. The mashed potatoes were of similar questionable taste. Big chunks of potato mixed with a tasteless whatever. This was not mashed potatoes! No surprise the other main dish - salmon with spinach - was of similar, tasteless quality. This has nothing to do with cooking. It seems they prepare the food as plain as it comes from the supermarket. To summarise: Expensive, tasteless, neither czech nor international food. I have to add that neither the location (a dark cellar with college cantine furniture) nor the staff was in any terms above average.

1  Thank chmannva
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stopped in at Klub Architektu after a recommendation from our walking tour guide, Pavel. Great food and such a great price! I had a large plate of dumpling type things filled with fruit and covered in a creamy cheese and sprinkled with powdered sugar... yes, I had this for lunch! It filled me right up!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We visited this restaurant with friends for a birthday meal and were very pleased with all aspects. The food was good quality local cuisine, the surroundings were beautiful in the cellar and the waitresses were helpful, personable and efficient.