“rooftop restaurant”

Price range: US$35 - US$69
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
Perth, Australia
“rooftop restaurant”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We were there at the end of April 2012 the weather was warm and sunny and it was my life time wish to see Prague and let me tell you it did not dissapoint us, Prague is just so so beautiful and this restaurant was beautiful too. The food we had I would consider it to be Mediteranian and the price was a bit more exspensive than other restaurants in Prague but you're not only paying for top food but you're also paying for a fantastic location and with the Australian exchange and what we pay for here in Perth we found the prices to be quite cheap so i'd say it depends on where you're from and what you pay at home for the same quality and service.The food was very very good the waiter was very polite and friendly and the views were stunning, it was hard not to keep looking at them but the food was so good you had to look away just long enough while you put another forkful in your mouth........of course and the odd occassional deep meaningful look into each others eyes, we've been married 28 years and.......ahh love is great at any stage in your life when in Prague:)

Sharon Sciascia

• Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
“Stunning food.”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

If possible try to sit on the terrace outside. This is only possible when it is dry (and hot). If you are lucky enough to sit outside then you will be enchanted by the view towards Prague Castle and you will be thrilled by the superb food.
Everything is first class from the waiting staff to the excellent selection on the menu. The food was so good, and I have eaten at some fabulous restaurants that I ate again here later in my holiday. The second time I ate downstairs in the main restaurant. The chef is superb. My own choice was carp on asparagus followed by pork. Dessert was white chocolate mille feuille. My husband had pork, followed by filet mignon with a chocolate pudding. Mmmmmmm.
Just so you are aware this is the sister restaurant to Terasa U Zlate Studne Restaurant. Different executive chefs, both superb, but if I had to choose then this would be first. Try the fantastic Cabernet Sauvignon Moravíno Valtice (2009). You will not look back.

1 Thank Josh049
Chicago, Illinois
“Magical”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I've dined here twice now - two times during our one stay! Both evenings there was consistency of excellence.

The rooftop terrace offers romantic and outstanding views of Prague, justifying the higher prices. Service was superb and both evenings chef David Sasek came out to talk to his guests about the food.

The first nigh,t as suggested by my waiter, I chose the pork tenderloin which was cooked with a slow pressure method under water, resulting in a melt-in-your-mouth experience, and a pork flavor I have never before encountered. The waiter also recommended the panna cotta which was a perfect end to a fantastic meal.
The second evening I dined with my husband and we both enjoyed outstanding meals accomanpied by a once in a lifetime view . My quail with a bread stuffing, caviar and truffled potato gratin was equally as tender and flavorful as the pork tenderloin, and when the chef came out to greet us all at the end of the evening, he confirmed the quail was cooked in a similar method to the pork.
My white chocolate Mille Foille dessert layered with rasperies was a visual surprise as there were dark chocolate musical notes imprinted on the white chocolate layers.

This restaurant is heavenly and literally close to the stars. I've dined in Michelin star restaurants that are not as good as Coda is.

Especially if you're visiting Prague, I'd recommend you splurge at Coda and create an evening you'll never forget.

1 Thank roo15
Prague, Czech Republic
“Stylish birthday celebration”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We celebrated my husband's birthday there a few days ago. It was our second visit.

Stylish small restaurant inside Hotel Aria with high class cuisine (Continental with some Czech flavour), great ambience and impeccable service.
Expensive. If you start with the aperitif, go on for three course menu with wine, and finish with coffee and cognac get ready to pay around $ 200. Though for $ 150 you can take their degustation menu with wine, which could be a right thing for the first visit.

Quality of food is flawless, but the taste is somehow standard. Say, Foie Gras was just regular.
We had split about Crispy Carp rolls also (I did not like the taste at all...). Scallops, which we normally enjoy a lot, were very good, but, again, we were in doubt about the sauce.
So, may be we were wrong about our feelings, but, being generally really satisfied, we agreed that we would not come again.

Again and again: we place Coda very high in our own Prague restaurant ranking! We liked the service. Everything was very fresh. So our mark is Excellent. But we would come to a restaurant like La Veranda to enjoy evening meal next time.

I should mention here other great (for us) couple things about Coda. The first is live music! The whole evening long we were entertained by a pianist. The second is smoking area (outside the main dining room, of course) with a great ventilation where my husband could enjoy his cigar.

Location is good also - in Mala Strana, which is a part of Historic Center.

1 Thank Irina94
Uiwang, South Korea
“beautiful restaurant”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

it's located in the aria hotel, and the beautiful decoration is inspired by music.
I like the plates wirh famous music composer's face.
food is also good.