“the worst experience for a long time”
Review of Tapas Chorizo De la Cambusa - CLOSED

Tapas Chorizo De la Cambusa
Price range: US$5 - US$60
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Praha 5
Reviewed 11 June 2011

hi all,im a spanish resident in prague and yesterday me and my girlfriend decide to try this "spanish" restaurant, when we arrive,there was only one table more with 4 pax,we ask for our meal (patatas meneas,patatas bravas and chicken breast) and we had to wait 45 minutes to have it, 45 minutes with only another table more...unbelievable, so when we finally got our dinner, we realized that the sause of the both potatoes were from a bottle,like you buy in the supermarket,but low quality, so can you imagine that you wait 45 minutes for fried chips with supermarket mayonaisse?? the chicken breast was good,but small portion. so we finish and again wait 10 minutes for the bill,not serious,not professional, terrible.

5  Thank Seragnos
PHalm, Owner at Tapas Chorizo De la Cambusa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2011

Dear Seragnos,
I am so sorry you did not get the service you should receive from us. We had a new waiter, a friend of the family, who had done well for his first few days and had his first solo shift. It was a disaster, I have no idea what was on his mind to make so many troubles when we normally do so well. He does not work here now.

As you live in Prague, I am sendind you a personal offer to come back to the restaurant one evening so that I can buy you a replacement dinner myself, at no cost. I cannot put email and tel # on here so it will be by private message.

The only disagreement is that we make all of our own sauces, without a single exception.

Kind regards,
Peter

Reviewed 25 May 2011

Went last night for their tasting menu which included tapas and some Spanish wine.
Great all you can eat vibe and really nice rijoca.
All for 349 KC - which is ridiculously low for what you get.
Peter is very friendly and you really feel you leave as a friend and not just a customer.
I'll definitely be back.

PHalm, Manager at Tapas Chorizo De la Cambusa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2011

Hi David,
It was great meeting you last night, glad you enjoyed the event. See you next time and thanks for the review, Peter

Reviewed 19 May 2011

An evening meal here was suggested to us by our son who is in Prague studying at Charles University.He'd eaten here before,and what an splendid decision to return.
Service was excellent from a lovely young lady who was bright,cheerful and efficient.Nothing was too much trouble.
Our food was excellently prepared,piping hot and fresh as a daisy.Enjoyed with good wine from an extensive wine list.
Yes,we had to wait a little while for our meal to be prepared,that was expected as we enjoyed one anothers company over a drink or two .We like "slow food" prepared and served with care,eaten leisurely and remembered to this day with affection.This is not a meal to rush,but comprises a whole evenings enjoyment.
Portions were generous,flavours abounded and the atmosphere was conducive to having a very good time.
The cutlery,tablecloth,wine glasses etc were spotlessly clean and we'd eat there tonight if there was a flight we could hop on.
Intend to return one day.Many thanks for a great experience.

PHalm, Owner at Tapas Chorizo De la Cambusa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2011

Thanks for coming to Tapas Chorizo, glad you enjoyed it. I've passed on your comment to the staff- they work hard and it's nice when they can take the plaudits. And appreciate your taking the time to leave a review. Rgds, Peter

Reviewed 19 May 2011

I cannot recommend this restaurant too highly - absolutely fantastic food, service and atmosphere.

I've been twice - once with a friend, once with my girlfriend and my parents. I can highly recommend the mixed platter dishes - perhaps a little on the small side, but delicious and not too expensive. The paella I had second time was incredible, and definitely for two people! Don't try and eat it alone. Beautifully prepared, and didn't have a massive wait - enough to ensure it was cooked fresh. Wine selection perhaps not the best.

The service at the restaurant is fantastic - the waitresses were helpful and attentive, and really made us feel welcome. Peter is a delight, and very welcoming. I can only offer compliments to the chef.

The atmosphere is great - quite intimate, I feel it was good for formal and informal events. I took my friend, my partner, my parents, and would feel comfortable taking business partners in the future. The music was good and not intrusive, and the lights were low enough to create a good atmosphere, but bright enough to see my food.

Looking forward to going back sometime for their music evenings, and to sample some more delicious tapas.

Thanks! Appreciate the review! Peter

Reviewed 12 May 2011

Me and my friend stoped there incidentally during my Prague visit. Went wrong way from Andel center and starving... Never had a spanish food, but the ribs I chose were just great! Pleasant atmosphere, friendly waitress and cold beer... recommend it!

1  Thank Robie91

I think I remember your visit - Spanish isn't so known in Czech so we're trying to make as many converts as we can :) - appreciate the review, see you next time, Peter