“Pleasant evening”

Neighbourhood: Hradcany & Letna
Wellington
“Pleasant evening”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Came here on reviews and wanted to eat on a roof top terrace. Had the tasting menu with wine matches. Food was good, competent and well made. Wine was good without being outstanding. View was excellent, service was good. Overall impression: if you can afford it, this is a very pleasant meal, the food is good, but never wow, same for the wine matches.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank lennyjr89
maiklgwell, Manažer at Terasa u Zlate Studne, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear lennyjr89,

let me thank you for your time to write the review and for your visit of our restaurant. Even though your experience wasn't excellent I would like to appreciate your thoughts and comments. Positive as well as negative feedbacks are very important for us.

If possible I would like to ask you for any details about your experience. What was wrong with wine pairing in your eyes and on your tongue, what has been missing and share with me some details and exact feelings of yours.

Even though your review is quite a general and very unique if compare to the other reviews of our guests we would like to aware the same feelings of our guests in the future.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
dubai
“Everything was great - complete package”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Celebrated our first night in Prague at Teresa u Zlate Studne. The restaurant is on top floor of Golden Well hotel located in old city (pebbled road). Beautiful view of the city especially at night.

We ordered:
- kohlrabi carpaccio (starter)
- veal "sous vide" (my wife's dish)
- traditional beef cream (my dish)

Our food was perfectly cooked and just the way we asked for. The bread basket is not to be missed. The staff was really helpful and attentive. Extra points for the presentation. Bill (including 2 drinks and min water bottle) was czk2,530.
Highly recommended.

Visited July 2014
6 Thank Asim B
maiklgwell, Manažer at Terasa u Zlate Studne, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Asim B,

thank you very much for your kind review and also for the visit of our restaurant. We are glad, that you have enjoyed your dinner in our restaurant and celbrated your first night in Prague well. We are also happy, that you enjoyed your meal as well as the service.

Should you visit Prague one more time in the future, we would be glad to welcome you here at the Terasa U Zlate Studne again.

Stone, United Kingdom
“Approaching Michelin Standard”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

What a gem of a restaurant this is. We stayed in Prague for four days and chose two restaurants from TripAdvisor reviews. We were able to reserve a table at both restaurants on line. This was by far the best.
The location is second to none and the ambiance and service is definitely Michelin standard, as is the food. There is a tasting menu with accompanying wine and an extensive wine list if you are dining a la carte.
Just be aware that we had a little trouble finding the place so leave a bit of extra time to get there.
This restaurant is definitely one to put on your 'must go back' list.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Paul S
maiklgwell, Manažer at Terasa u Zlate Studne, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Paul S,

let me thank you for your wonderful review of our restaurant. We truly appreciate your time to visit our restaurant and we are very glad that we didn't fail your expectations.

I will pass all your compliments to our staff and I am sure, they will appreciate it. Regarding your Michelin star comments, we are happy to participate in their Michelin Guide with great ratings, but of course we would be very glad and pleasured if we could reach this goal some day.

Should you decide to come back in the future to our restaurant, please do so and we will be happy to welcome you (at least) one more time here.

My kind regards,
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Beautiful eating experience”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The terrace restaurant has truly magnificent views of the city of Prague. If you are lucky enough to get one of the tables at the edge of the terrace, weather permitting, you will also have fabulous views.
We were surprised at the welcome, which was both impersonal and lacking in any warmth. A disappointing start. It is my view that everything combines to make an evening really outstanding, but I am realistic enough to realise that even the best don't manage everything all the time.
The food was good. Our starters were presented well and both of us really enjoyed them. The main courses were similarly most enjoyable. Service was acceptable without being outstanding.
As to cost, I felt that the bill was fair taking everything into account. It is expensive but most enjoyable if you are looking for a very pleasant meal in beautiful surroundings.

• Visited August 2014
Dear Travellingpeople46,

first, let me thank you for your time to visit our restaurant and also for your time to write this review. I am very sorry, that your first impression wasn't according to your expectations. I would like to apologize for this. Nevertheless, I believe, that this was due to movement peak of the guests in the restaurant. Even though our staff should keep high standards of service anytime and I will personally investigate and find out what exactly happened. I would be also very glad, whether you would share with me more details personally through the email michal.motycka@goldenwell.cz.
Once again, please accept my apologies and I am truly glad, that you are realistic and understand this situation may happen. And we will do our best to aware this inconveience in the future.

After all, I would like to invite you once again to our restaurant and we could prove you our quality of service as well as the food.

Thank you very much and have a wonderful day!

Geneva
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

A real climb up to the small terrace, but well worth the view. Telepathic service and the house speciality was fantastic. Highly recommended.

2 Thank robcwebb
Dear robcwebbb,

thank you very much for your kind review of our restaurant. We are very glad, that you have found our hidden gem. Thank you very much for your compliments to our staff and tou our signature meal - Royal Steak from Argentinean Beef “Angus” served with Foie Gras “Rougié”, potato Purée with Opulent Truffles from Piemonte and Baron Philippe de Rothschild Sauternes Sauce. We are very proud, that our Chef de Cuisine Pavel Sapik has created such a exceptional combination of tastes for us.

We will be also truly glad whether you would like to visit our restaurant once again in the future.

Michal Motyčka