“Fabulous staff!”

Malostranska Beseda
Ranked #146 of 5,756 Restaurants in Prague
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by our b & b hosts and they "scored"! My niece and I went there on St. Patrick's day after a day of well....celebrating. All the tables were occupied so we sat at the bar. Kuba and Pavel took excellent care of us and suggested local wines and dishes. Delicious!! I wish we could find this type of food and wine in the States! We liked it so much that we returned the next night and found that we had a "reservation" at the bar again! It is located in a charming part of Prague and at night it is a beautiful walk to and from your hotel.

1  Thank nancy0729
Write a ReviewReviews (1,035)

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Excellent choice of Czech and Prague specialities which tasted great. Sizeable but manageable
portion sizes and good price. Friendly service. The biggest bonus is that it is one of the few restaurants which is smoke free!

1  Thank Kim R
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Prague’s Lesser Side, brimming with tourists in daytime, gets considerably less crowded in the evening, and when I tried to get some food, most restaurants were already closed or closing down (at abut 9.30 pm on a Thursday). So I was delighted when I learned that Malostranská Beseda’s cook hadn’t gone home yet. (The restaurant is right at the tram stop.) I ordered a Svíčková, maybe the most classic of Czech dishes - slices of beef sirloin in a rich cream sauce, with lingonberries and dumplings (they often get it wrong on the menus, and translate ‘Roast beef in cream sauce with cranberries’, which is not correct). It was excellent and maybe the best I have had in a restaurant. The dark beer was also good (Kozel, although I would have preferred Tmavý ležák from Budweis, which is hard to get in Prague, though).
The restaurant lacks the grotto-like interior of many of its neighbors, but this is rather an asset. The waiter spoke good German and English (and apologized actually that the menu was in Czech and English only).

1  Thank vikingtraveller07
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is one of the Pilsner Urquell restaurants in Prague and the atmosphere, service, food and beer was excellent. Our waiter was very friendly and even helped with our poor attempt at the Czech language. It was a Thursday afternoon and the place was very busy. The menu has a very good selection of dishes with Czech and even regional dishes. And the beer goes without saying is by far some of the best in Europe. I would visit here if you are walking from the Castle down to Charles Bridge and are either hungry of just want to stop for a cold beer and enjoy people watching.

1  Thank Kris D
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This restaurant/pub came highly recommended by our hotel and we returned twice. It is a cozy spot for lunch and has the famous Pils on tap , both light and dark. The pub is decorated with lovely copper touches and is a few hundred years old but updated tastefully. Every dish looked like it was made with love, and the prices were good. Locals and tourists mingled which is a good sign of good authentic food.

1  Thank steff0566