“overpriced”

Ranked #1,221 of 5,426 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Cuisines: European, Czech, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
London, United Kingdom
“overpriced”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Nice setting. Pretty restaurant in Prague-Venice, and the food was good, but the prices were very high.
Waitresses were downright hostile -well they know you'll never come back. They would not let us sit canal-side despite the 3 empty tables, OK they had "reserved" signs but no one came.
And then when the huge bill came, the news that they don't take card payment. Cleaned me out of cash and then demanded a tip, which the waitress took from my change without even asking me.

• Visited July 2014

• Slovak first
Melbourne, Australia
“Don't bother”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The position is nice and the food was not all that bad however beware they charge for the bread and the pretzels. We could not complain about the service as this was ok but not with a smile.
The most off putting thing was the kittens thar roam the restaurant also walk around the empty tables rubbing themselves against the pretzels, disgusting.
Also I do not like being asked for a tip.
There are many, many better places to eat in Prague than this.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Ray d
San Francisco, California
“A bit expensive, though I still had a nice and relaxing dinner.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

After reading all of the negative reviews, I understand the points those reviewers have brought up. At the same time, I would say that for myself, overall I had a nice and lovely dinner.

Like many who have written reviews of this restaurant I came upon this restaurant after stopping by the John Lennon Wall, and walking around that particular area of the Little Quarter and Kampa Island. I was immediately drawn to the quaint setting of the restaurant, which is right by the water wheel. The outdoor seating area is adorned with flowers and the overall decor was rather charming and relaxed. I had an early dinner around 6:00 PM or so, and there were already quite a few customers in the restaurant, so when I was there things were a little busy. I found the waitresses to be rather courteous and helpful.

I must admit dinner was the most expensive I had during my 9 days in Prague, though I felt I was not overcharged. All the prices were correct, it was just the prices were the most I had for dinner when I was in Prague. At the same time my dinner of chicken schnitzel with mashed potatoes was quite good and filling, my beer of Kozel dark was smooth, and my dessert of apple strudel was good. And since I felt the waitresses were courteous and polite, I was comfortable tipping them around 12 percent.

I found the overall ambience of the restaurant to be rather charming and quaint, and with the location being right by the water wheel, the restaurant has a rather perfect spot. I'm thinking the dinner prices are rather high because of its location. I must confess that the restaurant is rather quite expensive, but I must also add that I personally didn't see this restaurant as a tourist trap. Even with the expensive prices, I found the waitresses to be nice and efficient, and I was rather won over with the restaurant's setting and cozy charm and ambience. I felt I had a very nice and relaxing dinner that evening.

2 Thank ED44SF
south Fort Myers
“Charming Garden Restaurant”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our party of three found this garden restaurant to be both charming and enjoyable. Our server was very friendly and helpful in descriptions of the menu selections. Our three meals were some of the best we experienced while in Prague. My sister had a wonderfully prepared salmon dish, my husband had a delicious trout dish and I had a traditional beef goulash and potato dumplings dish. Located next to the canal with a big wooden wheel, it is decorated with pots of flowers which makes for a colorful and cheerful atmosphere. All in all one of the best dining experiences in Prague for us.

2 Thank flgram
Simrishamn, Sweden
“A tourist trap”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I wish I had read the comments on Tripadvisor before going to this restaurant. That would have saved me and my friends a disappointment during our stay in Prague. The quality of the food was bad and very expensive compared with other restaurants in the area. They overcharged for the beer and on top of that they had a cover charge for each person.

2 Thank skanelena2014