“Dinner overlooking Prague Castle on a balmy spring evening!”
Review of U Cisaru

U Cisaru
Ranked #4,034 of 5,494 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hradcany & Letna
Dublin, Ireland
“Dinner overlooking Prague Castle on a balmy spring evening!”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Great service, lovely food, good wine and great value considering it is a stone's throw from the castle gates. Highly recommended escpecially if the weather is nice enough to sit out on the terrace!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank CarrieMarie13

• Polish first
San Francisco, California
“Ok but nothing special”
Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

It was nothing special the food was, on the whole, good. the pork knuckle and the pork chop were good to fairly good. The chicken with risotto was also well received. The burgher was also appreciated. It is a bit chaotic as far as service and has an ambience more like a bus station than a restaurant as groups wandered in scanned the scene and moved on. An adequate place if visiting the castle and associated galleries. It does stink of stale cigarette smoke - but that is a common issue to most Czech eateries. We would not go back.

2 Thank 69Armstrong
Reading, United Kingdom
“Good food but lacked atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

We had the pork knuckle and duck. Both of which were very nice and full of flavour. We had to eat upstairs as the wine cellar was full. Waiters didn't appear to bothered and we had to go to the bar to get fresh beers but otherwise ok.

Prague, Czech Republic
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“keep walking”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Nice from the outside, surly waiters that will not conform to anyone ... "take it or leave it". Keep walking. They crammed 20 people to a table with the capacity for 14 and would not change it on request. Food was ok but just that. The same owner or manager also owns a cafe next door and charged us USD 13 for one shot of local schnaps ... Becherovka! I kid you not! Nice to look at from the outside but ... there is the U labuti around the corner ... keep walking to there.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank BlankaML23
Canada
“Delicious Beef Goulash”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I came across a row of restaurants with nice outdoor terraces as I was leaving the Castle District. U Cisaru caught my eye as I noticed some very happy people on their terrace drinking a green beer. I became instantly intrigued and wanted to give it a try, plus I was feeling a little hungry from all the touring. I found a seat on U Cisaru’s busy terrace where I tried a taste of the green beer which I found to be light and thirst quenching. I’m a bigger fan of dark beer however, so I ordered a glass of Krusovice which had a nice caramel taste to it. I enjoyed this with my main course which was beef goulash that was nicely presented in an attractive bread bowl. Much to my surprise (as I didn’t know what to expect), the goulash was absolutely delicious; it was pleasantly tasty without being too heavy. The meat was also very tender and the best I had during my travels. I noticed that U Cisaru was a little more expensive than the other restaurants near by, but was so happy that I chose this particular place to try beef goulash for the first time.

As for the service, I had no issues with it, even though the waiters didn’t speak much English. They were friendly, efficient, and succeeded in overcoming a slight language barrier to provide great service.

• Visited May 2012