“Cheap and good value”

Govinda
Ranked #1,690 of 5,535 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighbourhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Penzance, United Kingdom
“Cheap and good value”
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We ate here after a trip to Prague castle - we asked for the menu and then sat down. Our drinks came and just as we thought they had forgotten our menu - a plate of food arrived!!! I think there was a communication problem with the languages!!!
The food was basic but edible and was very good value - it was good for lunch but I wouldn't have liked it as an evening meal. The food was served on a metal tray so it went cold quite quickly.
The buffet was unlimited so if you were hungry (as we were) it was a good feed.
Good value - friend;y staff.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank weemistler

• Czech first
Prague, Czech Republic
“Bad”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

In prague there are few krshna veg rest. I am sure, that this one are the worst. staff unfriendly, food prepared without real interest (extremelly big pieces of vegetables-awfull) For example-govinda in Nerudova or in Palmovka are perfect and always tasty-but Soukenická........

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank jack L
Austin, Texas
“Yummy!!”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed the excellent vegetarian Indian food served at this Hare Krishna restaurant. They shut at 6pm, get there at 5.30pm and get a 25% discount on your meal.

Visited June 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Veggie Food”
Reviewed 30 May 2012 via mobile

I don't think any vegetarian who is traveling can complain about Govindas, it's great wholesome tasty food at a great price. It is so nice to get a veggie meal that is not pizza or pasta - not much else I can say really :-)

Reykjavik, Iceland
“Good vegetarian alternative”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

It's in the centre, cheap, tasty and vegetarian. I sometimes have problem with some dishes, which I find too oily or too sweat. You have to choose wisely (and/or be lucky:)
I don't like the metal dishes and cups (I can smell the metal from it everytime I drink. Normal ceramic dishes would be ecologic as well, better looking and better "tasting").

• Visited June 2011