“Terrible”

Restaurace Novomestsky Pivovar
Ranked #595 of 5,422 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Bar, European, Pub, Czech, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
London
“Terrible”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Terrible service. Came here with my boyfriend we we're seated and the waiter took our order, he was not particularly service minded. I ordered the classic pork knee, however when he arrived with the food I got goulasch which is not even similar to my order . When I politely pointed out that this is not what I ordered he said "you order goulash, I wrote it here" he said and pointed on his notebook then he left.
Rude and not accomodating at all. Upon payment he tried to excuse himself with the fact that goulash was better anyways, if i wanted goulash I would have ordered it. Will not go there again.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank sofiabeee
Vaclav K, Manager at Restaurace Novomestsky Pivovar, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Miss,

I am terribly sorry for your troubles, and i am sorry that your first review and experience with our restaurant is negative.
If it was some problem with the order of the meal it¨s nothing easier than tell waiter that you want pork knuckle and refused the gulash .
In your review it is not specific that this happend.
If not i apologize for the waiter and i thing the waiter didn¨t do it on the purpose to ruin your evening with your boyfriend.

• Czech first
  • Slovak first
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Great Beer!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had dinner at the Novemestsky Pivovar by recommendation from the Radisson Blu Hotel. We were pleasantly surprised. It did not have very good reviews as far as service/rudeness. We found the waiter to be very friendly and the service was good. The beer was great and we thought the food was very good. My husband had the goulash and I had the pork. The prices were OK. It is a little difficult to find, but it is worth it.

• Visited August 2014
Almada, Portugal
“Typical food and ambiance!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is one of the most (if not the most) ancient restaurant in Prague.
The decoration is astounding, recalling the ancient times.
The treatment is very good, very nice.
The food is divine! Try the typical dish: the goulash! To cry for more!
Give it a try!!

• Visited July 2014
Mollerussa, Spain
“Fun environment”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I had a local tour guide take me here. I had gulash and beer and it was delicious. Fair prices and a great atmosphere; a man even came and played the accordion for us at one point! Only a few blocks from the city center and away from all of the tourists/tourist shops.

Visited July 2014
Vaclav K, Manager at Restaurace Novomestsky Pivovar, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Hello,
Thank you for your positive rating and we look forward to recommend us to their friends, who come to Prague.
Miami, Florida
“Excellent food!!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

A friend of ours took us to this restaurant. She, as a local, knows where the good stuff is. I had gulash and beer. My husband ordered the rabbitt and our friend the garlic soup. Everything was delicious. Prices are fair for the excellent amount and quality of food. The restaurant is close to the center of the city, but not in the tourist area. If you have opportunity, try it. You will not regret it.

• Visited June 2014