“Decent food and experience with free wifi”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hradcany Restaurant - CLOSED

Hradcany Restaurant
Cuisines: European, International, Mediterranean, Central European
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Hradcany & Letna
Description: Experience delicious specialities of international as well as Czech cuisine at our romantic Hradcany Restaurant with openable roof. Enjoy your afternoon tea or cocktails, beer and wine at the Lobby Bar or Library. For private events you can book our Salons, Presidential Suite or terrace, an ideal venue for a romantic candle lit dinner or a private reception.
London, United Kingdom
“Decent food and experience with free wifi”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My mother and I stayed at Golden Tulip Savoy hotel where the restaurant was located.

In terms of location, if you are not staying at the hotel, it might be a bit out of the way to travel specifically to the restaurant because it is not located within the Old Town. There could be other restaurants of similar quality and prices at locations that are more accessible.

Nonetheless, if you do not mind taking a walk, the restaurant is about a 10-15min stroll from Prague Castle. If you do not mind taking the tram, number 22 stops right outside the hotel.

Because it was already 8pm by the time we checked into the hotel, my mother and I decided to dine here. Although it was a Saturday night, the restaurant was rather quiet. Apart from my mother and I, the only other patrons was a group of 5-6 Europeans who sat at another table. The lighting in the restaurant was also a little dim for my comfort.

As we were not feeling too hungry but wanted to nibble on something warm, we ordered soup beef consomme with liver dumplings and julienne vegetables as starters (@170 CZK) and for the main, the rabbit leg prepared in “sous vide” way with mashed potatoes (380CZK). Other than these 2 dishes, we only ordered water. Our total bill came too 700 CZK (or about £23). I thought the pricing was decent, but when we ate at the restaurants in the Old Town area, the prices in Old Town were relatively cheaper for similar dishes we found decent.

The rabbit main was rather tasty i.e. the meat wasn’t too dry nor tough. The mashed potatoes were quite filling. My mother found the soup rather salty though, so we added water from our drinks to dilute it to make it more palatable.

The waiter, the only one in the restaurant, was polite and served us promptly. The waiting time for dishes to arrive was ok, typical of most restaurants.

Overall, it was a decent experience, the food was agreeable to our taste-buds (my mother and I were not fussy eaters) and the service was alright. The price was not exactly cheap so I can't say the experience was "very good", but rather more "average".

Also to add, there was free wifi available in the restaurant then so this might be a bonus point to other patrons.

• Visited May 2014

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Not great and over priced”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Was to tired to go far for a meal so settled for eating here and it was a mistake. Service was pretty hit and miss. Capers salad was far from as good as we make at home, goulash soup was very good though. Main course was the beef and dumplings and it was a poor cut of beef, tender but tasteless. Sweet the chocolate pudding was good but the cherry strudel poor. For the price 3x eating out it was very poor and bar was very poor with not even lemonade to mix a martini and frothy beer though flavour ok when finally got a pint.

• Visited March 2013
Sydney, Australia
“A good way to end a busy day”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I merely asked for the best meal in the house and a beer. Simple. Yum.

Visited June 2011