“Perfect night - ordered an extra course!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 5,316 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$40 - US$59
Cuisines: International, European, Czech, Central European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Rome, Italy
“Perfect night - ordered an extra course!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

You walk in, and the setting is elegant, we were seated in the back by the mirror wall, which was quite romantic. In the front, there were larger groups of people seated at tables in the middle of the room, this looked less cozy and more business-like.

But for us, the seating was perfect. As a young couple, dinners like this are a real treat. Once again, my boyfriend hit the nail on the head with his choice: The food - it is not a mix of Indian and Czech cuisine, as in no "fusion". The dishes are EITHER Indian or Czech, just in case you are expecting fusion. The dishes from both ends are very classic - butter chicken masala, for instance, and there is also a "Zatisi favorites" international section, seasonal items like fresh summer Gazpacho soup.

We each got a three course menu... and half way through the first course, my boyfriend decided to switch to a four course menu and order another entree, that's how good his Indian appetizer sampler was! Now, by boyfriend is not a (total) fatty, and he has increasingly sophisticated food taste, so for him to order another entree... let's just say it has never happened before!
The "Zatisi favorites" fish special was the best fish I have ever eaten in my life, and I'm from/have been in many coastal countries with lots of seafood. All portions were ideal, nice sizes, and the cooking to perfection, accompanied by great flavor.

The waiter was not the friendliest, could have been more attentive. But for the outstanding food and elegant setting, we didn't mind not being tended to constantly, so it was okay.

Finally, the Moravian white wine recommended was the best I have ever had. We were both stunned when we took the first sip, so much we wanted to buy a bottle to take back home.

In a nutshell: Food and drink was perfect, service a little lacking, setting really nice, and we walked off onto the beautiful Charles bridge under the stars, belly full, smiles wide...

• Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
“Best meal in Prague”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very welcome change to the industrial tourist restaurants serving pork knee and the like... Excellent food, the wine matching was fabulous. Tandoori lamb was literally melt in your mouth. Highly recommend the restaurant, food, wine and service.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank TQM2014
Prague, Czech Republic
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

this is one of the best restaurants i have been to, outstanding service, great decor, excellent food and drinks, you cant go wrong here!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Poor attitude to kids”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Second time I've eaten here. Very good restaurant but very little to offer a kid (7) and they charged 2 course menu price (990 czk) but my daughter only had 1 simple course of steamed fish carrots and broccoli!! I told waiter I thought that was ridiculous especially as this was not mentioned at start of meal but he just shrugged.
So good restaurant if you're not with kids and don't have a complaint...

Orland Park, Illinois
“Delicious meal on our last night in Prague”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We read about this restaurant in a few different spots but I grew skeptical when our concierge had the restaurant on speed dial. I needn't have been, our dining experience was stellar. We both had the three-course dinner and wine pairing and it was perfect. We mixed Czech, Zatisi and Indian dishes and I mowed down the chocolate mousse in a very unladylike fashion, I will admit. It was spectacular paired with the sweet red dessert wine. The service was so professional and all three courses were just delicious -- well worth the visit for a special night.

Visited July 2014