“Nice hotel, bad staff”
Review of Iris Hotel Eden

Iris Hotel Eden
Ranked #138 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The hotel itself is lovely and definitely worth paying less to stay outside of the city centre. So easy to get into the centre by tram. However the staff at the hotel aren't very helpful at all and also quite rude. The TV, phone and wifi didn't work in the room, we did mention this to the staff but they didn't sort any of it out and their response to the wifi was "it should work!" There are no tea or coffee facilities in rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SophieD99

Reviewed 4 October 2013

My wife lost/dropped her padlock key somewhere in the hotel this morning. By evening after returning from sightseeing in Prague, the housekeeping staff had found the keys & placed them on our table. Thank you! The room is rather cramped but the bathroom/ toilet is spacious. The shower is easy to use. The beds are comfortable. Wifi is available in the room - speed is just ok only. TV is not user friendly. The safe in the room is simple to use. Elevator requires room card to operate which is a good security feature. Breakfast is ok. There is a Tesco supermarket opposite - very convenient.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yew Kay Y
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The Exe Iris Congres Hotel in Praha Vrsovice is quite good but we had problem with bar, it was Friday evening and this hotel bar was closed. And the receptionist was unpolite. I asked her how the Four stars hotel has the closed bar. She said: it is normal. But in that range hotel there should be opened bar. Wifi is quite good. Breakfast is typical almost fresh. ;).. Tv set in my room doesn't work. I asked at first day to fix it. But they did not.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cogito62
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in this hotel during my trip in Prague. It may be a bit far from the city center, for those who want to walk to get there. There is public transport near the hotel which takes you everywhere you want. There is also a big shopping mall near the hotel. Great rooms, very clean and very helpful staff that spoke very good English.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank iris_siri
Reviewed 16 September 2013

When I back to room at next night, they didn't change bed sheets, it just pretend to changed. I called front desk, she talking was so rude, after I explained what was happen, she changed voice tone, then said, "sorry, sorry…" but she said, "alone tonight, that's why can't go to change sheets". when I was check-out, I left a letter that is "customer opinion" what I happened.
After a couple days later, hotel manager reply me, and he wrote "Nobody forgot to change your linen we change."
I don't want to have a stupid letter, that I just wanted to explain what happened.
I was so disappointed what they said. They said four star, I never think so. I feel this hotel is minus four star because staff rude, food poor, TV poor system, dirty sheets n never change.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Mikio-Redpond
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed here for 8 nights in August. Reception is welcoming and happy to help for your inquiries.
The room is very, very clean. The bed is good, the internet is superfast, free and reliable. Room is fresh and fascilities are fine (although a kettle in the room would be great). Breakfast is okei, including the basic stuff you would expect from an international Hotel.

About 15 minutes with tram into town, shopping mall including Tesco and McDonalds about one minute walk from the Hotel.

Overall, nice, clean and modern Hotel a bit outside from city centre.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank koklimonke
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I did not stay at this hotel. But our luggage got lost by the airlines and we had no way of retrieving it, aside from waiting around all day at the small apartment we had rented. Not knowing when or even IF it would arrive due to a massive mix up by the airline.

We walked to this hotel and asked the manager and front desk staff if they would help us. They did not hesitate. They even called the airline for us to tell them to deliver the luggage there. They would accept and hold the luggage for us until we could come get it.

We were able to go out and see the city (we wore the same clothes for 3 days) and when we returned the next evening, there was our luggage. I have no idea if this hotel is good or not. But we wanted you to know the kindness they did for us when we were far away from home and had nothing in a city we knew nothing about.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple