“Very stylish room”

Iris Hotel Eden
Ranked #138 of 651 Hotels in Prague
“Very stylish room”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I had an opportunity to live in this hotel for three nights. I had a great time. The room was really comfortable and stylish. The location is also very good - only 20 minutes to the city centre. I recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jacob P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Mandaluyong, Philippines
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel is located within a 15 min. tram ride from the old town. It is in the Eden football field. Our room had a VIP view of the field (too bad there wasn't a game while we were there). There's a shopping mall with a huge Tesco Supermarket nearby and you can take the #22 or #24 tram to the old town a street away parallel to the hotel.
The room we had was spacious and the bathroom was big and clean. My only qualm was the room was too hot. The aircon functioned more like a heater. Other than that, everything was fine.
If you want to be in the center of all the hustle and bustle, then this hotel is not for you. If you're more practical and plan to stay a few days longer (we stayed 4 nights here) then this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WackyDaredevil
County Londonderry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We have just spent 7 nights in this hotel, it suited our needs perfectly mostly the price £27.50 per night for two B/B try beating that in Prague.
The trams made travelling out to the hotel a breeze never bothered to time the journey possibly 15-20 minutes,
The room was fine for our needs and very comfortable and clean, a special thanks to Maria a trainee at reception who was very helpful in our queries she will not be a trainee for long.
Being 67 and 70 and more than a little mean we got our Open Cards for free travel in Prague will not even try to explain the procedure I was just amazed we managed the form filling ect cost
520kc for the 70 year old and 670kc between 65 and 70 they last for four years.
My wife has walking difficulties so we only used the trams and mostly found Prague behind the usual facilities for disabled but don't be put off we managed fine

Room Tip: Like us if you pay less be a bit more flexible
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RonaldJames
Bayreuth, Germany
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I picked this hotel because of the price and the good reviews. Exactly what I expected when I arrived. Room was very clean and had everything one needs. The hotel is either new or has been recently renovated. Spacious bathroom. Because of the low price, it's hard to complain but they could use better bed sheets since they are a bit rough. The large towels were also rough and one has a small hole. The cleaning service could also restock the tea/coffee. We used a bag of tea and it wasn't replaced with the next cleaning service. Small things that cost very little but that the guest notices. Definitely not a 4 star hotel by American/Western European standard. Not in the city center but a 15 mins tram ride. Friendly and helpful staff. Would stay here again because of the low price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We, including my wife and daughter, were on group tour from Hong Kong and checked in to Iris Congress Hotel during 14-16 March 2014. We were arranged to go to room numbers 307 & 308. When taking a bath in room 307, my wife found that the receptacle for holding shower handset was too loose. It could not stand upright so that my wife could not take a shower without holding the shower handset with her hand. Since we would be staying for 2 nights in the hotel, we called the front desk and reported the aforesaid situation. The receiving staff promised to have the problem fixed the next day after we went out for sightseeing.

On the other hand, I was assigned to room 308. When I washed my hands in the toilet, I found that hand washing cream did not come out from the nozzle but leaked out from the upper bottle joint and dripped onto the washing basin platform.

In the morning of 15 March 2014, I reported the cream wash problem to the front desk gentleman in person. I also reiterated the shower handset problem which the gentleman acknowledged and advised he would arrange to have both matters fixed that day before we returned from sightseeing at night.

Regrettably, when we returned to our rooms at night after sightseeing, both the problems remained status quo and nothing had been done.

I must say that the front desk gentleman receiving me was polite when I talked to him, both on phone and face to face. Yet, I was not sure whether he had forgotten to relay the problems to housekeeping staff or the housekeeping staff were not doing their job responsibly. In either case, we were unhappy with the result of our 2 aforesaid complaints not being taken care of. I must say that this unpleasant experience has defeated the good impression of politeness, one of the basic requirements in hospitality industry.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank W N H
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Excellent price / value, convenient location, good communication with the city centre, enough place to park a car, working wi-fi, plus a shopping mall, TESCO store and McDonalds nearby. Very efficient and friedly reservation system, excellent contact with the future guest. Check-in and check-out smooth and fast (important where you are heading for the airport). Some 20 minutes by tram from the city centre and less than an hour from the airport (bus No 119 to Dejvicka terminus subway station, then by subway to Namesti Miru station, from there by trams No 4 and 22 seven tram stops to "Slavia" tram stop, and less than 100 m. walk straight ahead to the hotel entrance). Contrary to SophieD99 I did have tea and kettle in the room, unfortunately no coffee... But, in general - do not expect 4-star standards and quality, this is much more a budget hotel. Public spaces slightly worn out, breakfast should be rated 2 star (be careful with diary products, check expiry dates first), and in general - no real ambiance of any stylish 4-star hotel. This is simply an inexpensive place to stay overnight underneath the Slavia football stadium, and not necessarily a perfect venue for a honeymoon trip. Moreover, neither me nor my friends could turn on the TV set in rooms, and we were too shy to report our problem to the front desk and ask for their assistance. The shower door leaks, thus a flood (not of the Vltava river, but from your own bath) on the bathfloor is highly predictable, regardless of the climate change etc. To summarize: worth staying due to nice prices, but do not expect luxuries.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 21 January 2014

That was my second time in this hotel. I like the location even if it's out from the downtown. It's very easy to get to the centrum with a tram, just an 80 meters from the hotel you will find the tramstop. Nex to the hotel there is a shopping mall and in 5 min to walk we found a very good local restaurant. (Waldeska). The hotel has excellent price / value. There is a free place to park the car at the front of the hotel. The staff was friendly, the room was clean.
The TV in the room could be bigger, it's realy very very small and has an idiot menu.
The only problem what we had : the safe deposit box. It was not working when we arrived. The maintenance come and repaired it. But : in the morning it was impossible to open it. We asked for help, but the receptionist lady told us, that we should wait untill somebody arrives from the technical department. Ok, but we had a meeting, so we had to go. Later the lady (she was realy helpful) said that there is a master key, but somebody should arrive because only she knows where is the key... Take care, it yould make big problems if somebody could not wait (plain ticket, etc) untill they find out where is the master key...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business