“Good cafe”

Price range: US$5 - US$29
Cuisines: Czech
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
“Good cafe”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Working long time after 12pm. Very good absinthe and other drinks. Nice place for seat cold autumn evenings. )))

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Chill lounge, great for first time absinthe drinkers”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This is a great place to try absinthe for the first time! It's a very relaxed atmosphere with an extremely helpful staff who are willing to talk you through the different kinds of absinthe and the different ways to enjoy it. We did the typical French style where they drip water over a sugar cube into the absinthe to cut down on the natural bitterness. These drinks are STRONG, but if you like licorice, you'll be quite happy. I'm not the biggest fan of that flavor, so the waitress recommended a few varieties that were a bit lighter on the licorice flavor (still too much for my taste but palatable). While we didn't feel any of the effects of the thujone, it was a great place to sit, have a few drinks and chat. Four drinks ended up costing us about 750kc which is about $35, so I'd say expensive for Prague, but relatively on par with what you'd find in the U.S. getting shots of 151.

• Visited September 2013
Miami, Florida
“Just One Drink ... Or Else”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Made from wormwood that eventually produces a 60-70% alcohol content, I think you have to already have hair on your chest if you are going to take a liking to "Absinthe".

One cool place to sample it is at The Absinthe Shop. However, I think if you have more than one drink you will end up like one previous customer, all sticks and bones.

Not afraid to try about any beer especially when it is less than about US$2, I order up the beer special and look forward to my first taste.

Had I not known any better, I would have sworn that someone just gave me “Maximum Strength NyQuil” with a large shot of Jagermeister thrown in.

However, my son ordered the “Red Bull” cocktail and liked it. Since I am now not a fan of either one, I past even trying another taste of wormwood even if Red Bull just gave it some “Wings”.

For sure, this is an acquired taste that has been enjoyed by some brilliant people like Van Gogh, Oscar Wilde and Hemingway.

I guess I will just never be that brilliant.

• Visited July 2013
Germany
“Friendly staff, various forms of Absinthe”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Nice layout, many niches with tables, the typical Absinthe interior with prints and accessories. Helpful staff, helps do choose from the big selection of drinks/styles and prepares the drink at the table. Reasonable prices, low key music. A charming place.

• Visited June 2013
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Definitely an experience!”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

If you're interested in knowing more about absinthe an how to choose the right one for your tastes than this is the place to go.

The server was very knowledgable and recommended ones he thought we would like. My partner and I chose to have shots served hot aka set on fire, it was fantastic. Like other people have said, it's good for a drink or two but it isn't overly cheap (because its good quality)so I wouldn't plan on spending your whole night there.

• Visited June 2013