“Good meals, tasty Moravian wines and good service”

Pizza Coloseum Zlaty AndEl
Ranked #2,878 of 5,670 Restaurants in Prague
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Praha 5
Description: Italian food and pizza. Family restaurant
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We had lunch in this lovely place - grilled octopus was excellent, lasagne very good, but the plate was not warmed. Good French fries and enjoyable Moravian wines at a reasonable price, we tried 3 of them. Next time we will try some pizza too.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

A few years ago I visited this restaurant very often and I like it. I visited this year twice this place for two reasons. For first the restaurant has very nice terrace. The second reason was because of corner for children.
I was very suprised about the quality of food. I ate tomato soup - twice the soup was could. Pasta was undercooked and pizza was disgusting. I think that this restaurant is very expensive for what you receive. At Smíchov is a lot of better restaurants.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Pizza Coloseum is part of the chain of Coloseum restaurants. This one in Prague - Andel has probably the largest meal selection going well above a typical "pizza & pasta place", vegetarian options are also pretty good, incl. all sorts of cheese variations. Wide selection of drinks, decent coffees and sweets.

Meals are generally delicious, however there is one annoying thing (like in very many Czech restaurants) - smokers are prioritized. The "non-smoking part" is in the very same room as the smokers part, without any sort of barrier. Which means, if you go there for e.g. business lunch, or meal with friends / family and intend to spend there some time, be ready for hell lot of cigarette smoke, especially if the restaurant is full. After one hour it really gets annoying and ruins what otherwise might be a fine dining experience.

Summer-time is much better in this regards though, because you can go one floor up and sit on the terrace, which makes huge difference!

As for the service, it is reasonably fast and friendly.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

The pizza I have had hear is the dryest and worst. I have taster better pizzas in Kebab fastfood places . Dont get fooled by decoration !

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Came back from Prague yesterday and ate here on Sunday. The food was amazing! I ordered Salmon and my husband had the Octopus. The food is well seasoned and you get so much of it. With my fish I had steak chips, a honey sauce and garlic, red onion creamed spinach which I would highly recommend. We also had a bottle of wine which was reasonably priced. We were lucky as our waiter was attentive and our glass was never empty. Please don't be put off by over exaggerated comments and try this gem for yourself.