“Have it all”
Review of Rezidence Vysehrad

Rezidence Vysehrad
Ranked #14 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Great new modern hotel. Has a private little gym on the main floor, great resturant. The rooms is like a small appertment, and it had all you needed. Its a bit pricy compared what you can get for your money in prauge, but then you certanly would not get a hotel as the same standard as this one.

200 meters to the nearest metro, and has only two stops, to the main shopping/tourist street. You can also walk there, only takes 30 min :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kenneth M
Petr_Bednar, Manager at Rezidence Vysehrad, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2014

Dear Kenneth,

Thank you for your kind note following your stay. Always nice to learn of the positive experiences with us, and pleased to know that you appreciate our restaurant and gym

I greatly look forward to your next return.

Warm regards

There are newer reviews for Rezidence Vysehrad

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Dear Readers,

i have never written a review of anything ever before, but felt compelled to do so after my stay at Rezidence Vysehrad. I have stayed at Mena Oberoi (old name of the hotel), and quite a few four and five star hotels and I have rarely seen the kind of service I experienced staying here.

I had a bit of an emergency and needed to take my wisdom teeth taken out which led me to book this hotel as it was very close to the dentist. The staff here went out of the way to take care of me.

Best would be to illustrate my point by giving examples of the service I experienced:

Eliška on her own motivation found me a restaurant which specializes in soup, printed out their menu in English and gave me the Czech version as a help to communicate with any waiter who would not understand English. She gave me precise directions (gave me a map which a blind man could follow) and even printed out the picture of what the restaurant looks like. When I asked for an authentic Czech restaurant, she sent me to an authentic Czech restaurant! (nothing commercial!) It goes without saying that she has a special eye for and also pays a lot of attention to detail. When there was no charger at the reception for my cell phone, she gave me hers. She did all of this on her second day on the job. Thank you Eliška for your warmth and your care.

It was very nice to talk to Anna. Anna and Jana patiently answered all my tiresome questions all the while being joyful and courteous. Jana for instance by herself asked me the morning before my departure if she could organize a taxi for me to the airport (she asked for the departure time of my flight and ordered the taxi at the right time). This might not sound very important to many people, however how many hotels have done this for you the morning before your departure on their own volition? I generally have always had to ask for this.

Martin the chef at the hotel restaurant especially made delicious soup and was very fun to talk to. At times it wasn't even on the menu. The staff at the restaurant is very nice too and all of them make a great team.

It is like everybody at the Rezidence Vysehrad is thinking with you, looking after you and also asking themselves how they might be helpful to you. All of this made my wisdom teeth extraction less painful and actually a pleasurable experience! I never knew I could actually utter that sentence. It was a home away from home when I needed it most.

This would not be possible without a highly competent management who recognizes true kindness in people. The staff has 12 plus hour shifts and they are always happy and smiling. This is not possible without being a genuinely kind person. I would like to compliment the Russian management for being a true judge of character and hiring all of these wonderful people and also teaming up with the staff at the restaurant who are external employees.

The apartments are exceptionally clean and very comfortable. The apartment had everything I needed, the view outside was very nice too. The location is very nice, quiet and near a beautiful old church. This is very quite welcome after being in the busy, bustling and beautiful centre of Praha. You will enjoy a good nights sleep.

I would like to say thank you for everything, whenever I come to Praha, I will be staying at the Rezidence Vysehrad. I wish all of you a lot of success and hope to enjoy Praha again.

Merci beaucoup, dankeschön, thank you, shukriya and dhanyawaad! :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Devendra J

Dear J.,

I must admit, I was incredibly touched reading your thorough rave review. I went ahead and shared your review with our team so they could get a sense of the impact they are having with our guests thus far. We take great pride in what we are providing and I´m glad you were able to enjoy.

Let us know when you are ready return – we are confident it will be another enjoyable experience. Do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I may assist again on your next visit. Always a pleasure to have our first guests return and especially such fans of Rezidence Vysehrad

All the best,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here with friends (have just arrived home!) and we were extremely impressed. We were in the Executive Deluxe room and the facilities were excellent with everything you could need included! Perfect for us to chill out after a day out. Staff were always on hand to help out and the breakfast was also good, although arguably a bit pricey, but we did make the most of it so ended up being good value. There is a gym and sauna included which was also great as it was very quiet so we could come and go as we pleased. All in all, couldn't really fault it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Duvraghan,

Thank you for your kind remarks. It was our absolute pleasure having you and your friends on property. I mentioned your review to our team and everyone was very appreciative of your comments

We are glad you were able to take advantage of our stunning property and facilities and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Pros: The room is beautiful, clean and comfortable. The location is amazing, close to the m station and with a hilltop view of much of Prague. The stay was lovely. The staff was super polite and the general feeling of this place is calm, clean, modern, and luxe.

If I were doing business in Prague on a regular basis, this establishment has larger apartment-style suites that would be ideal and one could even entertain there. Our room was one of the smaller studios with a kitchenette and was exactly right.

A note to travelers who don't speak the local language: Perhaps because of the language differences (I speak only four or five words in Czech, please, thank you, hello, and goodbye) there were a couple moments of "tension" with the staff. I can't blame them for my ignorance but would recommend that anyone staying here brush up on their language skills and master the military time clock (as I think we ended up in the lovely cafe about 15 minutes before closing and the staff was ready to go... they did not kick us out but the service suffered because of it. If I'd been better versed in the language and time we'd have known we were being somewhat boorish.)

So although I wish someone had said to us that they were closing soon, I cannot fault the cafe staff because I know how awkward it is to try to convey information in a language that you do not speak as a native.

Cons: One thing in the studio room that was not perfect was the rectangular wooden base of the entertainment center. The room is "just- right" sized, but small enough that the sharp corners of the base stuck out just enough for us to trip over numerous times over our two- day stay. This piece of furniture was beautiful but impractical for that size room for that one functional reason.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up and on the side facing Prague central have great views. Book larger rooms if your st...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Actias Luna,

I greatly appreciate your time and pleased to hear of your overall positive experience with us on property. We have been emphasizing on providing modern and luxe accommodation since our opening and I am glad to see it is paying off.

Your feedback regarding our restaurant Fine Café is particularly valuable as we constantly seek ways to improve and enhance our operation. Thank you for your gentlmans feedback in this regards I will make sure that the overall ambience woudl be without any tension next time.

We are aware of impractical design of a wooden base for TV set and seeking some improvement which would keep the nice aspect however would add on practicality.

Greatly looking forward to your return!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Basically, the hotel and the rooms have a fully equipped kitchen with large fridge, oven, microwave with grill, fondue for 2 or more, and a sink, electric stove, a dining table and two chairs, an outdoor terrace with garden furniture and electric shutters.
In the bedroom a double bed very comfortable, the room has a sofa and a flat TV and DVD system.
The bathroom has a bathtub, sink, toilet, towels electric dryer, and heating and toiletries and luxurious towels.
The dressing room closets and a safe for your computer. Please note that air conditioning is great and gives excellent control over both day and night. The service is great and the staff at the front desk.
You can skip room service breakfast with purchase of a refrigerator in the city.
The hotel's underground garage with direct access from the elevator at the hotel.
Highly recommended hotel is only accessible via the mrhaka VYEHRARD Metro station 300 m.
The great Internet connection including wireless WIFI with strong signal.
Highly recommended hotel

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Petr_Bednar, Manager at Rezidence Vysehrad, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Moshee,

I´m glad you did enjoy your stay and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your gracious feedback following your stay. Our rich amenities, fast internet and perfectly working A/C are key factors in setting us apart from the competitors. Combine this with our service and great location, make for a truly unique experience.

All the best and looking forward to your return!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

It is a modern hotel with very friendly personal. My room was very big, and has a modern furniture. It was nice to go over the street, and find myself in the middle of a green park!

The metro station is around 5min per foot away. So in something about 15min I was in Prague downtown.

The way by bus and metro from the airport takes nearly about 1 hour.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Leo,

Thank you for your kind comments following your stay with us! Albeit brief, glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

See you again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The appartment was excellent. including airco and electric window curtains in the bedroom.
A nice location. Quiet and on a short walking distance to the metro raliway station, which brings you in 2 stops to the center of Prague.
The staff and frontdesk people were extremely kind and helpful

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Fritz,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay with us! The value of the overall experience is crucial to us, and I am glad you found that to be true. Our staff truly appreciates the mention of our service.

Look forward to serving as your place in Prague again soon!