“Number One in Draft Beer Quality”

U Veverky Restaurant
Ranked #102 of 6,040 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Praha 6
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Living in the vicinity, I have spent several evenings on diner in this restaurant. Decorated by old fashipned radio sets, it offers unique atmosphere of mid 20th century. Best of all, excellent Czech traditional meals and top quality draft Pilsner Beer from a tank is served. I recommend to all lovers ov a well served beer to try this one. God pricing, unlike the Prague centre. A perfect choice. Tomas of Dejwitz

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I am a regular customer to this place since 2008.

There is too much great things I can say about this place - too much funny stories - I will just highlight why you cannot miss it:

1. The best Pilsner beer from draft (I am a big Czech beer lover and I go regularly to Pilsen Brewery and I can say I visited many many Prague pubs in past 15 years) - Veverka is still unbeaten
2. The best Czech local food you can get (especially considering the price !!! wow) - Petr Svitak, the chef, is world known for his Czech Cuisine - he was preparing Czech food even for the pope !)
3. Great local atmosphere - there are just few similar places around Prague (unspoiled with mass tourism - but you can meet here many foreigners living / studying in Prague - they have English menu as well) - I always take here my foreign friends and they always ask me when they are back in Prague to go there for the first lunch
4. Prices are really unbeatable - it is the reason, why this place is so popular among the local people !

If you will just drop for one beer while coming around, you will not regret ! I am even taking my dear grandma here !

Reviewed 4 April 2013

We ate there last Sunday, came in quite late, around 22.00 hrs. We could order from both the regular menu and from the second Easter day special menu. The food was excellent, pheasant and mutton skewer and a medium-rare steak cooked to perfection. The garlic-flavoured roasted potatoes were to die for.
I highly recommend this pub, it's definitely worth a visit. The prices are very good: for the above mentioned courses + beer and coffee for 2 persons we paid around 30 euro.

1  Thank rodutchie
Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

Came here encouraged by other reviews and haven't been sorry. Food is really tasty and portions are big. I would strongly recommend the soup - which is divine. Prices are decent, for a soup, ribs and a beer 280Kc. Staff is really friendly, but sadly they know only a couple of words of english. Enough to order but not enough to actually find out the details about the dishes.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

Nice pub/restaurant not far from Prague Castle. It is definitely worth visiting. They cook traditional Czech meals, serve Pilsner Urquell from tanks and the prices are incomparable to what you pay in downtown. Briefly, one of the best pubs to go in Prague / greatest value for money.