“Exceptional value for money!”

Riverview Palace Apartments
Riverview Palace Apartments
Ranked #341 of 660 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Swansea
“Exceptional value for money!”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

The hotel was booked as part of our hen-do package and we were pleasantly surprised by the impressive building, cleanliness and spaciousness. The flat seemed to be recently renovated with ikea furnitures and kitchen fittings. It was immaculately clean and had exceptional views over the river and the dancing house as well as a balcony where we had our breakfast in the morning. The flat (No.42) had a fully equipped kitchen, a bathroom and a separate shower room. The bed mattress was comfortable, the pillows massive and you could regulate the heating to switch on and off. The hotel is placed 15 minutes walking from the Charles Bridge so we did not have to use public transport or taxis. There are a couple of excellent restaurants around (like stara boda), and there is a tube station 2 minutes walking. Moreover, there is FREE wi-fi.
If I were a perfectionist, I would have complained about the lack of reception desk (although we did not feel unsafe and were provided with a couple of numbers in case of emergency). Unlike a hotel, they do not change the towels and if you request to have them changed, they charge 15 euros for the service. Luckily, we did not need to use their service.
To sum up, this was perfect for our hen party...not sure if I would recommend it to a family as hen parties can become noisy during the night.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This was my 4th time of visiting Prague - yet another stag-do! I didn't book the apartment, another friend in our group did. I'm not sure who they booked the apartment through (I think it may have been through Red & Blue Hotels) but our original apartment was due to be loacted near Wencelas Square but there were some technical difficulties with the original apartment (which in my opinion was a load of B.S.) so we were re-located to Riverview Apartments instead.

The apartment it self was very good in my opinion. I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were massive with plenty of space and, most importantly, the rooms were clean.

We had two rooms as there were 13 of us. I was in the bigger room which was able to accomodate 9 people. The beds weren't the most comfortable but they weren't bad either, although, the beds were very small. I was worried I might fall off and I'm only 5'6" myself.

My only other criticism is that the room I was in could have done with another toilet and bath/shower facility. There was only one toilet/bath shower in our room, so it took a while before everyone in our room was able to get ready.

There was free wi-fi available but everytime I (or anybody else with an iPhone) locked the phone, I would have to re-enter the login/password credentials in each time, which was a little tedious.

The only real issue about the apartment for us was the location but that was because we were expecting an apartment near Wencelas Sq. Riverview Apartments is a 20 minute walk away from Wencleas Sq. Having said that, there is a nearby Metro/Subway station as well as trams. It's also fairly easy to flag down a taxi if required. One thing I will say about the apartment is that it offers a beautiful view of the River and scenery behind it. Nice to wake up to for sure.

There is a shop just outside the apartment, which is handy but we all located a nearby Tesco, which is about a 10/15 minutes walk, to gather bits and bobs for our room. There are also a number of restaurants/cafes nearby too.

The only cause for concern that I could see was that there was no reception desk or means to contact somebody if something had gone wrong at the apartment so I'd advise obtaining contact details from somebody as they hand the keys over.

I've never stayed in an apartment abroad so I can't make a comparison but generally speaking, this apartment wasn't bad at all.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Prague
Reviewed 8 October 2012

The location sis far from tourists areas, heater does not function, elevator is bad ans small ,. Buildng is awful. No recetion desk at the hotel...hot water failed to function.. scary building.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 Thank HASHIMAH H
East Grand Forks, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Travelling with my family (husband and 2 teenagers), a vacation rental like this works so well. We all have a place to sleep, room to spread out, a kitchen, etc. Located right near the Vltava river gives it a GREAT view of the river, the Dancing House and it is easy walking (less than 25 minutes) to the Old Town. Closely located to Metro, Tram, restaurants/pubs, and grocery shops (found with a little exploration). This is a very plain and large apartment with the ability to sleep 6 in beds and a pullout couch. Not alot of fluff, but lots of room and very comfortable. Nicely appointed kitchen with the basics, but had enough so that we could do breakfast in the room each morning with no problem. If you are looking for room service or maid service, this is not the place for you. The professional shots on the Tripadvisor webpage are exactly how it looks. Very affordable/comfortable and would definitely do this again, as well as recommend it to families!

Room Tip: All of the rooms face out towards the Vltava River, with a great view. All windows open and some ha...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rebeccagottberg
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Great location right near the Dancing House and the river, we were there this January (2012), so it was quite cold outside, but nice and warm inside. The apartment is closely located to the metro and has a tram stop nearby. The apartment itself was quite large, much larger than I imagined and could have held another 4 people (we were a family of 4). Very nice overall, just could not figure out how to work the TV for the kids.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank lostinprague
CT
Reviewed 18 June 2009

Spacious, fresh apartment overlooking the Vltava. Very pleasant staff, well equiped, just a few blocks to groceries and several local and tourist restaurants. Tram stop right outside our door. Next to "Fred & Ginger" only about 15 minute walk to Charles Bridge, three blocks to Metro. After reading mixed reviews for several hotels and apartments we decided to book minimum and take a chance. We would stay our entire three weeks but have to move across the river as this apt is booked our second week.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family