“Good stay”

Ranked #158 of 672 Hotels in Prague
Vancouver, Canada
“Good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed here recently for 5 nights ... note; we are both SPG platinum members are stayed on points (this is the only SPG hotel in town).
The location is interesting .. in the new town with yes, a strip club/night club next door. This was not an issue though .. I would say the park a block away was more of an issue as they seemed to be quite a bit of action here throughout of visit .. nothing that made us feel un-safe, just on guard at times. I do think for a tourist visiting Prague, staying in the old town might be better.
Service was good throughout .. .friendly and efficient check-in. We were upgraded to a deluxe two level suite which was quite nice. Only service issue we had was in the club lounge for breakfast ... trying to get a coffee was much harder than it should have been at breakfast.
Overall a very good visit .. we would consider staying here again on our next Prague visit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank d1289
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear darrennelson,

thank you for staying with us and posting your review online.

It is always a great pleasure to have Platinum Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) member at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel as they are the most loyal guests and I would like to express my cordial appreciations for staying loyal when planning your trip to Prague.

I regret to get to know you might have experienced some inconveniences getting your coffee, however, I hope this aspect did not overshadow your overall good impression.

I would be honored to welcome you back on your next stay with us.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

The complet staff in this hotel was very sympathetic specialy to the reception .
The room was clean.
The Sheraton Prague Charles Square was one off the best in Europe
The room service was excellent as a restaurent

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear Bergamo B,

Thank you for taking time to write and post your review on TripAdvisor.

It is always a great pleasure to assist our valuable guests to an amazing experience in Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

Hope to see you back soon.

General Manger
Orleans, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I frankly wasn't too thrilled about staying at a Sheraton but we were very pleasantly surprised. Everyone was great to us. Loved the restaurant. Enjoyed the view from the bar on the roof. Walked from the hotel to old town, etc. The concierge was a delight. Front desk friendly and helpful. It was a great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Emerson7,

What a great review you bestowed us upon. Thank you very much.

Let me take the opportunity to share your kind praises with Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel associates.

Best regards,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We arrived in Prague tired, hungry and with no luggage since the airlines lost our bags. The hotel staff was so kind and sympathetic towards helping us locate our bags when the airlines told us they were "somewhere in Europe". Our room was very clean and they quickly brought us an extra bed, pillows and towels since there were 3 of us in the room. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The service was excellent, especially Slava at the front desk.
The location of the hotel was ok - we walked to all the major sights in Prague in about 15-20 minutes.
I would recommend this hotel when visiting Prague.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank J W
Dear J W,

I would like to express my deepest appreciations for your great review.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel associates deeply focus on meeting all guest expectations and I am happy we arranged for yourself and your family an exceptional stay.

Yours sincerely,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

For someone who has traveled the world a few times I have become unimpressed with the Sheraton brand. Because of this I had my doubts when traveling to Prague, but The Sheraton Prague Charles Square has made me a believer. You get large brand hotel with a boutique feel, the staff was amazing, my room was beautiful and the location is spot on for someone who wants to be close to all the action but not right in it. The food and drink are something to brag about, but the service was second to none. They made you feel welcome, and acctually where interested in helping you see there beautiful city for all it is. I will be staying there again and again when I travel through in the future.

Room Tip: Starwood Perfered Guest Is the only way to go!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear jed s,

Thank you so much for the review and your fantastic feedback.

I am happy we succeeded to prove how excellent service Sheraton brand provides and to gain your loyalty.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Sheraton Prague.

General Manager,
Veikkola
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

What a lovely city Prague is! My first time to spend more than a "working day", so finally an opportunity to explore the city (even though it was a business related trip). But what made it even more lovely was the atmosphere in the Sheraton hotel. I've travelled a bit and rarely is the staff standing out like they did here. I had some trouble during the trip that were due to transportations organized by another company, but Sheraton staff was willing to help, they really made me feel like valued guest by paying attention on my problems. Front desk, breakfast, health club..where ever you went in this hotel, people were just so extremly nice and polite.
And hotel with this quality, I would highly recommend to organize free wifi in all rooms. Too much hazzle to get it working (and quite high price..), so guests would be even more happy.
Also worth mentioning, breakfast in this hotel is awesome!
So highly recommended place to stay, I will be back for sure.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear OlliL258,

Let me thank you for your wonderful feedback.

What I understand from your review is, that you are an experienced traveler. Therefore I believe you have quite a lot to compare, which makes me even more proud we managed to provide the level of service you are used to from all over the World.

Wish you many wonderful experiences and hope to get a chance to welcome you back.

With the best regards,

Blackpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

It was my first time staying at the Sheraton Hotel Group, but on this trip the price seemed reasonable so I gave it a go, never again. On arrival at the hotel I noticed no other hotels, just a nightclub, bar and night time convenience store which led to to believe this was not a great part of the town. I checked in and requested a smoking room, the check in girl was polite and courteous and informed me they had no smoking rooms available until the following day, but would move me to another room then. I got my key and headed to my apparently luxury single room, this was far from that. It was small, dark and somewhat outdated. They provided two small complimentary milk sachets in the room, these had gone off and couldn't be used and were not replaced the following day. After trying to connect to the internet found this was totally impossible from the room and only available in what looked liked miniature work stations dotted in the foyer, very over crowded and squeezed in, not at all comfortable. I had paid the additional fee for internet in my room so it was frankly a joke that I wasn't able to connect for more than a few minutes at a time. The following morning having placed the 'do not disturb' sign on my door was rudely awoken by the cleaner and cleaning manager having what appeared to be an argument outside my door! The room change I requested was never actioned and no one at the front desk mentioned this either. I checked out the following morning which illustrated the staff were not efficient at all, the front desk clerk called for the concierge to open the luggage hold so I could leave, he had apparently gone on a break much to the annoyance of the front desk staff who seemed put out to have to go and get my bags. I left feeling like I had stayed in a Travel Lodge! I contacted the hotel and mentioned the issues but they didn't seem to understand and said they would forward my complaint to a higher authority, no one ever got back to me. No surprise really.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Gavin K
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Gavin K,

Let me thank you for taking time to share your feedback.

I was very much concerned reading your comment. After a further investigation, I have found a complaint issued by you on 23.7.2013 through GEI – Guest Experience Index – our internal guest satisfactory survey.

One of our Guest Experience team members has contacted you on 27.7.2013 in regards of your complaint, although we never seemed to receive any reply on that.

If you would like to discuss any further details of your stay, please feel free to reach me directly.