“Loved it !!”

Ranked #155 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Recently stayed at the Sheraton Prague and loved my stay. The hotel lobby is a little different than most hotels, however the room in the SPG floor were absolutely beautiful and new.
Totally recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Prague. Enjoy it !!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank alexmurillo
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear alexmurillo,

I would like to thank you for your wondeful feedback and for taking time sharing it on TripAdvisor.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip. Its basically a grand old house on a busy street that has been converted into a hotel. The location is okay. You can walk to the old town in 15-20 minutes.There are no views unless you are on the roof. There is no wow factor, but its a reasonable standard Sheraton hotel. The room I had was on the 6th floor and was comfortable enough. I had breakfast and lunch in the hotel. I ate dinner outside. If you walk about 500m you can find some local bars but many places of course cater for tourists. The hotel has a small bar and restaraunt, it does get busy at breakfast time but he selection is okay. I would not stay here with my wife for a romantic weekend but as a business hotel its fine.

Room Tip: rooms facing the courtyard are quiter
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear SAJR88,

Thank you very much for your review on your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

We are located in a very heart of a New Town of Prague, which most of our guests find very convenient for both business and leisure travels.

I would be most happy to welcome you back.

Wish you an amazing day,

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed there for 10 nights on business - a really good hotel in my opinion. Friendly staff, check-in & check-out was as smooth as I could possibly ask for. Good room, good breakfast (although the same choice every morning) with friendly staff. Would I stay there again? YES. Would I recommend it to friends & colleagues? Of course!
Fairly centrally located, not too far to the nearest tram stop or metro station - and one stop further you're very close to the old town square.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Boca_Culebra,

I would like to express my deepest appreciations for your wonderful feedback.

Please, accept my cordial thanks and we hope to have a chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We loved this hotel. The staff was great and the free amenities were a big plus. The room were surprisingly large for a Europian suite. The tv channels are not great for English speaking tourist. Over all we loved it and would go back again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Tripplan2013,

What an amazing review. Thank you very much for that.

It makes me proud made your stay an exceptional one.

Make sure to keep us updated of your future stays, so we can take care of yet another wonderful experience.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Bad pun I know. This hotel is part of the SPG chain, so I took advantage of the Gold membership perks. I was informed that the hotel was recently remodeled and renovated from a much older building. They did a very nice job fixing it up.
Pros: The hotel is clean, the suites have various an interesting designs depending on your floor and room type. My suite was a split level loft, living area downstairs and bedroom upstairs. It was clean and quiet. Two full bathrooms, one upstairs one down.
The staff are friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable. The staff are also multi cultural and multi lingual, so it isn't difficult to find at least two or three hotel staffers who will speak your language.
Breakfast buffet was standard fare, but the food was ok. There is a small bar and a modern, lounge area, quaint and comfy,with little dimly lit nooks to have your food, drinks and conversation in privacy. There is a rooftop lounge, with a WONDERFUL view of the city and it's many churches and cathedrals.
Hotel was in an area within walking distance of Old town square and Charles bridge, with many local shops, sprinkled with various pubs and bars that serve food, banks and exchanges and a few odd local stores. Many of the clubs and nightlife areas are just a short and inexpensive taxi ride away.
Cons: Some rooms may feel cramped. At times, I felt my upstairs was more of an attic than a loft, and my room had a tendency to get a little hot and toasty. The view from my room was of the center of the hotel facing the inside of the building structure, so I did not have a city skyline view. I expected a better view for the high floor suite that I had. I did go to the rooftop lounge which had an AMAZING view of the city. The upstairs bathroom was cramped, and I had to sit down in an awkward position to take a shower or else bump my head on the low and oddly angled ceiling. Upstairs was better to take a bath, downstairs bathroom plenty of room to take a shower.
The TV channels were very limited, hardly any in English, and they want you to pay extra for premium channels even if you are an SPG Gold Elite member in a suite. The internet was one of those separate third party ISP's that you have to agree to pay extra to use. (This does not apply to SPG members who choose the right package deal including internet.) The hotel room service menu items were not that great, not a lot of selection. The restaurant food was ok, standard. Not many special events or activities in this hotel, no pool parties or any wine and cheese festivals.
Overall: Small hotel but nice, clean, safe, friendly staff, and a good place to crash after touring the city or a night on the town. I recommend this hotel, enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RICO_GOLDSTAR
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear RICO_GOLDSTAR,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your contructive review.

I am glad we managed to make our Elite Tier SPG member feel welcomed.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel provides a selection of regular television channels in multiple languages all for free. On top of that, we do enhance a stay by option of watching some of the most recent movies. As this is an extra service provided, it comes with an additional fee.

Once again, I really value your feedback.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel is a decent enough hotel. We spent 4 nights here while on a sightseeing holiday to Prague.

The staff are very friendly and helpful which always makes your stay a bit nicer even when other elements are lacking.

We weren't sure what to make of the location of the hotel based on the Tripadvisor reviews...while we didn't ever feel unsafe at the hotel it is not in one of the best locations in Prague, confirmed by the fact that the hotel has to lock it's doors after midnight that many of the neighbours are vacant (sometimes dilapidated) retail units. Also, the location of the hotel in relation to tourist sites is not great or very convenient. It is walking distance to the Old Town square and Charles Bridge but if you've spent the entire day sightseeing, the uphill walk back to the hotel (even if it just a 15 minute walk) is not welcome. Also, it's not close enough to any restaurants where you could simply nip out in the evening for dinner and quickly get back to your room. Purely on a location basis, I wouldn't recommend this hotel as there are other hotels that are more conveniently located with the same star rating and price.

There was nothing wrong with the room itself, aside from wifi access being billable (really Sheraton ?!?). The rooms are decently decorated, well sized and very clean (as is the bathroom). The walls are maybe a bit thin....we could hear the boozy people in the room next door laughing and talking till 3AM.

Aside from the location, which I feel is average (definitely not good but equally so, not bad), the only real criticism I have on the Sheraton Prague Charles Square hotel is their in-room dining - terrible doesn't begin to describe it. We ordered a margherita pizza, pomodoro pasta and some chips...instead we received a microwaved cheese pizza (that was burnt), spaghetti and ketchup and cold chips, all at a premium price in a city known for premium dining at cheap prices

We chose the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel as it seemed good value for money and while it largely delivered, if you shop around enough, you will find an equal or better hotel in much more convenient location. We also went to the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel with high expectations as it is a Starwood Hotel, but it does fall slightly short by Starwood standards - nice enough hotel, but don't order room service is what I would say.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Shoaib_Laher

Dear Shoaib_Laher,

Let me thank you very much for your feedback shared on TripAdvisor.

It saddens me you did not find the location of Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel convenient, for as we believe it gives our valuable guests a great option to be few steps from the main touristic attractions and still be spared the biggest crowds.

We do provide a wide selection of dishes in our in-room dinning menu to meet most of guests´ wishes and I trully regret we did not meet your expectations.

If your trips ever bring you back to Prague, it would be my pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Pros: Excellent safe location- easily accessible to public transportation. Easy walk to major attractions and restaurants. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was delicious. Very quiet room on the courtyard. Nice large bathroom. Concierge Monika was very kind and helpful booking tours. Staff was very accommodating and made us feel at home. Easy check-in and out.

Cons: Poor lighting. Limited English TV stations. Nothing interesting to watch even in other languages. Room was hot. We could not regulate the temperature in our room.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I ever returned to Prague.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet on the courtyard
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear smooshie,

That is a wonderful feedback. Thank you very much.

I am glad my team members succeeded in making you feel as you belong, as you are at home.

Make sure to let me know of your upcoming stay, so my team can arrange yet another wonderful experience.

With the best regards,