“huge disappointment”

Ranked #155 of 650 Hotels in Prague
Austin, Texas
“huge disappointment”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

my husband and i stayed here over the new year holiday. i think the best way to describe the feel of the rooms and hallway could be likened to that of an old hospital. we would often find food left out near the elevators for long periods of time. we are huge starwood fans and have stayed at countless properties throughout the world and can say this is one of the worst...by far. as platinum guests we were granted access to the club lounge which was unattended every time we went and had nothing exciting available. i felt terribly sorry for anyone who paid for access because it simply would not be worth it. the location was also not convenient to the sites we wanted to see. we spent quite a bit in cab fare to get to the tourist hot spots. it would be worth it to splurge and stay at a more expensive hotel. needless to say we would never return to this hotel nor would we recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank traveltini
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear traveltini,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was very much concerned to read through your review, as we are glad how Sheraton designers managed to blend the great style of historical building with contemporary furniture in Sheraton colors.

Sheraton Club Lounge offers an enhanced experience of a stay with breakfast, light snacks and refreshments during day and Hors d'oeuvre in evenings.

If you would like to discuss and further details of your stay experience, let me know personally.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed three nights in the Sheraton while in Prague. The Sheraton staff in the front desk ranged from average to excellent. Why, during our check-in, the front desk person gave us the basics and hurried us on our way, no welcome, no warmth, and no smile. But later that evening, we went back to the front desk asking about the Wi-Fi and local restaurant, the on staff person (different from check-in) gave us a welcome tour of Prague (everything around the Sheraton), wow what a different!!

Overall, we had a pleasant stay in the heart of Prague. Easy access to all transportation, rail, tram, and bus.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear travelgeekSFO,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us.

Let me mention, all of our team members are continuously going through Service Culture trainings to make sure to provide the same level of experience our valuable guests are used to from all over the World.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and it would be my pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This Sheraton hotel is with excellent location and good price for the value. The staff is well trained and welcoming. The room I got was exec. The bathroom was very spacious, clean, large, having separate tub and large shower cabin. Crisp bed sheets, well working wifi. Bar was offering happy hour offering degustation of different wines. I used the Cody cleaning service - it was done fast and with quality. Very friendly environment.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear marisarali,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with TripAdvisor community.

It is my pleasure you enjoyed a Sheraton Social Hour as one of our proud Sheraton Signature services offering a premium top-rated wines tasting from around the World.

I sincerely hope to be given a chance to welcome you back on your next trip to Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

Best regards,

Delaware, Ohio
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This is my second stay at the Sheraton. In Prague for business, I will select this hotel for the remainder of my travels. Hospitality was unmatched. Personalized greetings met me every morning at the front desk and I always, always had a smiling face seat me at the morning breakfast buffet. A warm welcome home was never in doubt after a long day's work. Loved the shower and free bottled water. Clean, spacious rooms with comfortable beds is a must for me and the Sheraton did not dissapoint.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear Tom D,

I am so glad we found in you a loyal guest. All my team members are going the extra step to make each stay a wonderful experience.

Thank you very much for your kind words and it would be my pleasure to welcome you on your next stay with us at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

Best regards,

Braunschweig, Germany
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed for one night only. Although there were minor reconstruction ongoing, stay was very good. Staff is extremely friendly and supportive. Hotel is located quite close to everything.
You find all luxury you are expecting but with a very warm charming attitude.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear nitram2014,

I would like to thank you for your praising review.

In order to create a higher level of comfort and a feeling that our guests belong, Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel went through a brief lobby tiles enhancement.

I cordially hope we will have a chance to welcome you back soon.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed twice in a week. Both times in a junior suite, which is a very comfortable accommodation with a large bedroom with sofa and table, and a small workdesk/office space separate from the room.
Both suites were very new, perfectly maintained, with Illy espresso machine for coffee.
In both suites the bathrooms were large, one had a shower and a bathtub, the other only a bathtub.
When I was there they were working on the main entrance so there was a lot of noise in the lobby, but the rooms are perfectly sound proof. The lounge (during my stay it was in a temporary location in one of the meeting rooms) offers basic drinks and nibbles, and between 6 and 8 pm there are some more substantial snacks - bread & cheese, wine, and little hors d’oeuvre with chicken and potatoes or pasta.
The lobby has a few computers with free internet access and a small but cosy bar where you can have relax and meet friends or colleagues.
The rooftop terrace has great views on the Castle and the city.
There is a good fitness room, open 24hrs, with a good selection of modern machines and weights. The sauna is also very nice, large and with a cold plunge pool and relax room. The sauna however is open only in the afternoon - or so I was told (on the website it says the sauna is open from 9 am to 11 pm, so check once there).
The hotel is very easy to reach from the airport by public transport, take bus #100 from the airport to the Zlicin metro station, and from there the metro. From gate to door it takes one hour.
Zlicin is also a main bus station to many other cities in the Czech republic so the hotel is a good base if you need to go somewhere else.
I would definitely stay again here if I’m in Prague.

Room Tip: Both rooms I stayed in (X08 and X05) were very new, perfectly appointed
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Bingo_the_dog,

Let me thank you for sharing your feedback and for your continuous loyalty.

As we want to provide nice, clean and enjoyable hotel, we upgraded a lobby floor appearance in a planned event. Please accept my deepest apology for any inconvenience this might have caused. The louder work, which is finished by now, had no influence on guest comfort and as you mentioned in your review, rooms are perfectly sound proof.

I am glad you fund our junior suites accommodating and I truly hope we will see you soon in Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

Wish you an amazing day,

sussex
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights and enjoyed this hotel. We booked a deluxe room and have no complaints; it was on the 6th floor, high ceiling, modern, clean, comfortable with plenty of added extras such as filter coffee, free bottled water etc. The bathroom was supberb, modern, looked new, was clean and again had plenty of toiletries.

The staff were excellent, friendly and efficient,from the welcome at reception, to the valet parking and restaurant staff. The breakfast was one of the best I have experienced ( and we travel a lot).

Negatives? Well yes: the cost of the parking at 1000CzK is higher than anywhere else we have been, I really object these days to being charged for WiFi, and the costs here were above the norm. Shame that higher management in the Sheraton Group spoil the good efforts of the local staff by adding these higher than normal extras. And would I stay another time? Probably not because for me I would prefer to stay a little closer to the Old Town or Little Quarter.

Room Tip: we had room 629 and would recommned it
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear jylSussex,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am always happy to get to know we managed to create an unforgatable stay for experienced travelers.

Sheraton Hotels and Resorts provide a complimentary WiFi connection in our Link@Sheraton – a signature hub to stay connected. On top of that, we provide an unlimited high speed Internet access in all guest rooms for an additional charge, which reflects the level of service provided.

I would be more than happy to welcome you back soon.