“Very Good Hotel in Prague City Center”

Ranked #154 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Very Good Hotel in ten minutes walk down the road to Wenceslas Square and the old town or few stops on the metro which is very handy. The staff are friendly and professional. They made us an upgrade to use the Sheraton Club Lounge that offers breakfasts, snacks and refreshments through a whole day and hors d'oeuvres in evenings. The room was large, modern and the mattress was big and comfortable. In the upgrade they made, was included free internet, but this was the only issue we had. In this Hotel we have to pay to get the internet at the room. Communication problems between the staff results in lack of free internet during long periods. I had to clarify in the reception. It seems to us quite strange to pay for internet in a five stars hotel ( never happened to us in previous experiences in hotels of similar grade) Nowadays, even hostels for students have free internet.The hotel as a very small gym, but it as almost all the things you need for training.

Room Tip: The Room 306 is quite, large and have a good view over the street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JOSPIR89
Sheraton_Praha, Director of Sales at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear JOSPIR89,

I would like to thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your comment online.

Sheraton Hotels Worldwide provide a complimentary Internet access at Link@Sheraton – a heart of lobby – a place to connect, share stories or enjoy a glass of wine with your family or friends. On top of that, we are offering an unlimited High Speed Internet access in all guest rooms for an additional charge, which reflects the comfort and level of service provided. There are options to choose a lower price package for checking emails and browsing the web pages. Should there is a need to work with the more data, we suggest to purchase the higher priced package which will guarantee the highest speed and quality of Internet connectivity, as we are continuously investing into the technology.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel and hope to be given a chance to welcome you back soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My friend and I went to Prague for Easter Holiday, everything was fine, just a little negative note for the night auditors who were not very cordial. Good Breakfast, good room, very good location in the city center.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Lorenzo D,

Thank you so much for your review and for staying with us.

All of our team members are continuously going through an extensive Service Culture training to make sure to provide the same level of service our valued guests are used to from all over the World. I have forwarded your comment to our Front Office Manager to take an action.

Hope to welcome you back soon to the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed here for a long weekend in February this year. We chose the Club Room offer and what a great decision that was! Stunning suite and amazing bathroom!

The club room allows you access to the Club lounge, which serves complimentary drinks and snacks all day, including alcohol! In the evening, they serve complimentary hot snacks and a selection of wines too! Great quality food and wine.

The main bar is also a great place to chill and relax, great vibe at the weekends and superb staff.

Breakfast is complimentary with the Club rooms (well it was when we stayed) and it is fabulous. A selection of coffees and teas to choose from and a superb breakfast buffet!

I would send some special thanks to Hana Zurkova for sorting our reservation and a huge thank you to Ondrej Pyrochta, the Front Office Supervisor for making our stay faultless and totally enjoyable.

Room Tip: Pay extra for he Club Rooms, well worth it!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Andrew T,

It is a wonderful feedback you have provided us with. Thank you very much.

It has been a great pleasure to have you with us and I am glad you enjoyed the accommodation in one of our Club Rooms with an access to the Sheraton Club with all benefits it offers.

I would be happy to share your praises about two of our team members, Hana and Ondrej, with the whole team of Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel. This will definitely motivate them and their excellent service will be an inspiration for all our staff.

Keep us updated of your future stays.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed there on 1st May, 2013 with my wife. I found hotel very elegant and beautifully located in the city. We reached hotel early morning by walking towards the hotel from nearest big railway station Praha hlavni nadrazi where many long distance train stops. There are bus stops near to this hotel by name of Karlovo Namesti and Stepanska through which we could travel to our tourist attractions at ease. I did take passes inside the hotel for local transport from bell desk and it was very useful as even if we travelled sometime in opposite direction, we didn't have to worry about the extra charges for transportation. However, going in wrong direction had led us to see a beautiful park quite at the end of tram stop. I could see roof and adjacent building from our window. There was beautiful mirror inside the room with phillips TV and wooden stool, desk and luggage keeping box. With red lamps and wavy designed floors, I found it to be really attractive. Definately, we had nice sleep too.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear civilizedsaver,

Thank you so much for your nice feedback.

It was a great pleasure to have you with us and I sincerely hope to be given a chance to welcome you back soon to the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

Wish you an amazing day,

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

quite mediocre for a Sheraton property, oldish and poorly designed, both as far as rooms are concerned and overall facility (finding elevators is part of seek & hide)
only merit, it is sole SPG hotel in town

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Scipion-Paris,

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

I truly regret you did not find the design of Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel up to your standards. Our brand designers followed very strictly guidelines of Sheraton hotels to create a feeling that our guests belong.

If your trips bring you back to Prague, it would be my pleasure to welcome you personally.

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Very good hotel. Very professional. Great food, large room, friendly and eager to help staff. What more do you want. 10 minute walk down the road to Wenceslas Square and the old town or few stops on the metro which is very handy. Trams are also very close to the hotel so transport is not a problem.

Prague is a lovely city and should be seen by all. Great history with a fantastic atmosphere!

Slept very well, and received very good information on the city from the help desk.

Děkuji

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear AdamCW92,

I would like to thank you for your praising words and great feedback.

We hope to welcome you back soon to the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

All the best,

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was pleasantly surprised to observe to what extent this hotel does provide American standards of customer service. This was something not easy to find in Prague for a long time (and I've been traveling to Prague since it was communist in the 1980s) and what never knows what to expect from a first stay. All the staff members at the Sheraton Prague were lovely to deal with during my stay. But as nice as everyone was, I suppose the best things to single out about my stay were the room and the location of the hotel. I was offered an upgrade to a suite at a very reasonable rate and was glad that I accepted. The rooms were surprisingly large and I was very impressed at how high the ceilings were. The visual effect with the long drapes on the windows was most agreeable indeed. The bathroom was truly immense, with a huge tub that my companion much enjoyed soaking in. I am always gratified to stay in European hotels that provide small American-style washcloths, which I always miss otherwise. Naturally, the desirability of locations depends on one's interest. For me and my companion, it was wonderful to be within walking distance of the National Theater and State Opera, but the hotel is also within walking distance of other desirable venues, such as Wenceslas Square, the Dancing House, the My Department Store, and the Café Louvre. There are plenty of stores within a very short distance of the hotel for "sundries" of all types and restaurants in addition to the hotel's own. The neighborhoods in the vicinity are lovely to explore on foot, generally featuring charming architecture from the late 19th century and early 20th centuries. The architectural style of the hotel itself is of course quite compatible in this respect with its surroundings - just what one wants when visiting a city such as Prague. It was very difficult for me to leave on this particular trip, but of course one always must.

Room Tip: This hotel is an excellent value. Since the rooms are reasonably priced, I would recommend taking t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton_Praha, General Manager at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Daniel F,

It is such a great plesure to read your review.

I would like to thank you for your kind words and wonderful praises.

I hope to welcome you back soon to the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel