“Not meeting the Sheraton Standard”

Ranked #157 of 649 Hotels in Prague
“Not meeting the Sheraton Standard”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights at the Junior Suite. The room was spacious and air-conditioned. We walked all the way from the metro station (highly recommend not to if you're carrying luggage - we didn't see any taxi tho). When we check-in, there was a little drama that the reception cannot accept my credit because the card I present cannot match with the one I used to pre-paid (explained to her that my card has been stolen and have shown her my passport and the online banking transaction, but she's still showing a uncertain face). At the end, she said that she trusted me. (In my prospective, I've shown her what I can already). I asked if there's any high floor room, she said 'you've booked a junior suite, it's already good'. I'm not asking for an upgrade!!!!! What an attitude!

Wifi is only free in the lobby. So we choose to pay for wifi. It said we can connect up to 3 devices. But my iPad cannot get connected at all! Called for help, the tall guy came in and tried to help. He was trying very hard but still cannot connect. Then the hotel told me that safari may be blocked and they'll ask the service provider. But no one ask or help us again. (We stayed for 3 nights!)

Besides the above, the bed and pillows are comfortable! And the room services are tasty and not expensive compare to what you can get at the old town. Prague is not that big so you can walk around easily.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sheraton_Praha, Director of Sales at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear SaSaLoVeU,

I would like to thank you for providing us your valuable feedback.

In order to avoid any possibility of online payment frauds, we kindly ask our guests to present a credit card used for any pre-payments upon check-in. Other possibility would be having a credit card authorization form faxed to us prior arrival. This procedure protects our guests from misuse of their credit cards. Kindly accept my sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Sheraton hotels provide a complimentary internet access in a Link@Sheraton – or brand concept place, a hub to connect with family of friends, work or enjoy a glass a of a World rated wine. On top of that, we do provide an unlimited internet access in all guest rooms. The additional charge reflects the level of service provided. There are few options to choose from - from the economy internet to browse web pages, to multiple days high speed internet package. Let me forward your comment to our IT Manager to see what the situation might have been, however, it shall be possible to connect to any type of a device.

If you would like to discuss any further aspects of your stay, it would be my pleasure if you contact me directly.

Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I find the hotel adequate for my one night stay on a business trip: although dark and carpeted, the room had a good size, and the bed was comfortable with four good pillows. The shower had two types of shower heads to switch from, including a hand-held one, which is what I look for. At breakfast, there was a cheaper option to go for continental breakfast, if you are the type who does not eat much for breakfast (the full buffet costs around 27 EUR otherwise). The one thing that I found a pity is that the wifi is charged at around 30 EUR for a day. You can only get free wifi at the lobby. I would rather exchange the free workout facilities with free wifi. Staff very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton_Praha, Director of Sales at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear thesurp,

I would like to thank you very much for staying with us at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel and sharing with us your feedback.

Sheraton hotels provide a complimentary internet access in a Link@Sheraton – or brand concept place, a hub to connect with family of friends, work or enjoy a glass a of a World rated wine. On top of that, we do provide an unlimited internet access in all guest rooms. The additional charge reflects the level of service provided. There are few options to choose from - from the economy internet to browse web pages, to multiple days high speed internet package, to which I believe you were referring to.

The free access to our Sheraton Fitness Programmed by Core Performance goes hand in hand with modern trends in healthy life style. Our valuable guests can enjoy the specially designed work-out routine no matter what part of world they travel to.

I hope to welcome you back soon on your next stay with us.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I and my wife stayed in the hotel for two nights. Generally, we found the hotel to be good but probably not up to the standards of some Sheratons we stayed in before. Just before pointing out main things, le me warn people arriving there by car. the hotel doesn't distinguish itself from the surrounding buildings so when you drive on the busy street (and Zitna is busy) it is really easy to miss. Now to the point:

Good things: short walk distance from the old town; spacey room; clean and well maintained; illy coffee machine in the room (on the other hand two different kinds of coffee capsules provided but without description - try to guess which one is decaf); friendly staff although sometimes insistently "awaiting" for the tip; still Sheraton :)

Bad things: The lounge seems small; the parking is EXTREMELY expensive; the room was air-conditioned but it seems the unit capacity was underrated and not enough to cool down the place; no swimming pool; no hotel guide (with hotel details etc.) in the room; our room had windows on the inner yard side - no views at all; limited breakfast;

Strange things: because I am Platinum member we were not allowed to eat the breakfast in the restaurant and were told to go to the lounge (what's the difference anyway?); while we checked-out, the front desk was covered with invoices of different guests as the personnel was sorting the paperwork out... so in front of me were laying detailed bills of recently checked-out guests. Not the way it should be...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sheraton_Praha, Director of Sales at Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Tomek T,

Thank you very much for you being a loyal Platinum SPG member. Also let me express my appreciation for your constructive feedback.

I shall share with you my sincere apology for experiencing an enhanced guest check-outs just at the time of your departure, I can assure you your experience is not a standard occurrence.

Platinum members are invited to enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast in a Club Lounge, as this is a private place specially designated for our Elite Tier Members. If a Platinum member would like to enjoy an extended full buffet breakfast in a main restaurant, we are happy to welcome anyone for a small additional charge.

Parking in a center of a Prague is and always was little bit of a problem, as all street parking lots are reserved for residents only. As there is no direct garage under Sheraton Prague, we rent parking in a garage just round the block. We do provide a valet parking for an charge which reflects the level of service provided and the competitive pricing with all hotels in our category.

All guest rooms are equipped with a room directory book placed on a writing desk, giving our guests all information about hotel and area. I have forwarded your comment to an Executive Housekeeper to make sure it is not missing in any of the rooms.

If you would like to discuss any other aspects of your stay, it would be my pleasure if you contact me personally.

With warmest regards,

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed there for two nights. I stayed at a duplex suite. It was really not worth it. First of all, you have stairs to climb to the sleeping area and the stairs are narrow; secondly, the air conditioning is very bad, it was very warm even when I turned the AC on its maximal capacity; Third, the wi-fi is spotty. Four, the dinner at restaurant is nothing to rave about, the food was not very good: simply too greasy and heavy.

I just came from staying at Le Meridien in Budapest and maybe that's why my expectations were high. Le Meridien Budapest staff made me feel so welcomed, unlike Sheraton Prague, I had their top tier accommodation and I feel like I am begging and should be thankful to be staying there.... weird... something to consider.

I guess it just didn't feel like a 4-5 star hotel. However, staff were friendly, other than the some time unfriendly front desk staff. The concierge and the driver and bell men were fantastic. It really did put a damper on my trip I guess. I had stayed in other overseas Sheraton's before, the amenity and service were definitely better than what I experienced here at Sheraton Prague

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear DesertTrojan,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback and staying with us at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

Our Premium Duplex Suites are very unique for their setup and atmosphere. These 2-level suites are located on a top floor and are very popular among leisure travelers, who prefer their living room and sleeping area separated. As we understand it is not convenient for all travelers to have stairs inside their suite, as an option we have a Premium Suites available, that are comparable as a matter of size, but located on one level only.

I have already forwarded your comment on technical issues to a Chief Engineer and IT Manager, to fix any discrepancies as soon as possible.

We are investing a lost effort onto continuous Service Culture trainings to make sure to provide the same level of service our valuable guests are used to from all over the World. If you would like to discuss any further aspects of your stay, it would be my pleasure if you contact me personally.

I hope to be given a chance to welcome you back and to improve our reputation of a World Class Leading Brand.

dublin
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Just back from three nights at Sheraton Prague.
Beds were very comfortable, shower hot and strong, breakfast was fantastic. Excellent service throughout the hotel.
About 15 minute walk to centre from hotel.
Only negative about trip is that taxis constantly rip you off so try to negotiate a price before getting in, or just walk.

Ladies, Prague is no place for high heels, either wear flats of wedge heels.

Overall, a great stay at Sheraton.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear tess80,

Thank you very much for posting your review online.

As we strive to maintain the high level of service during the entire Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel experience, we provide hotel cars for a fixed, very competitive price. Our Concierge or Front Office Team is always happy to assist in arranging one.

I am cordially glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,

Paris, France
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed 2 nights at this Sheraton hotel which is just 10+-15minutes walking distance to the city center.

The staff are quite professional and helpful. I had an excecutive room which has nice space, decent size and noce beathroom, the 3 only negative things about the room I had was :
- The entrance door was just beside the night table,
- The bed was harder than usual sweet sleeper beds,
- There were not much day light in the room.

The breakfast was not in the lounge as I guess there were not enough excecutive guests so I went to the normal restaurant. They serve everything as standard as normal nothing to complain about except that we miss some fresh fruit and freshly squeezed oranje juice.

As excecutive guest I had access to the lounge with free drink throughout the day and some snack was also available from around 4-5pm. the sitting aread in the lounge was not very cosy and not very confortable but the tranquility and drink were enjoyable.

The overall complies to Sheraton category 2 or 3 city hotel, nothing more special about it.

Room Tip: get a room with executive lounge access if you can.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear ACVK,

Thank you very much for staying with us and posting your review on TripAdvisor.

The hotel is placed in a historical building from 19th century. Therefore, each room is unique and has its own charm. As we provide the executive rooms being the most silent, they are all placed facing the inner court. However, all guest rooms are equipped with a Sheraton signature Sweet Sleeper Bed, so I was very much concerned to read of your experience.

I truly hope to welcome you back soon to the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel.

Woodland Hills, CA
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Rooms are decent and clean and most of the staff seemed very willing to please. Breakfast choice is typical American, and for a lot less $$, one can do much better with a 10 min walk.
I just think there are probably better choices in Prague.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear KGross818,

Thank you very much for your review.

I truly regret you did not enjoy the stay with us at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel to the fullest. Perhaps the decor of Sheraton was not up to your expectations, although we believe the Sheraton signature service we provide creates an unforgettable memories.
Regarding the breakfast, we provide Sheraton standard breakfast which is even enhanced by the bio-corner created by our Executive Chef providing the healthy options and local food items. The price reflects the quality and service of our hotel category and it is competitive with five star hotels in Prague.