Augustine, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Prague
Ranked #37 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Canada
“4.5 stars”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Overall our experience at the hotel was excellent. The location is perfect, close enough to all the sights, but the secluded entryway and courtyard make the property private and very quiet (though the rooms facing the trams might be fairly noisy, ours was quiet and lovely). Breakfast in the restaurant was delicious with a wonderful selection of hot and cold items. The property with it's inner courtyard is surprisingly large and truly lovely, it's quite deceptive from the street view, you would never know what lies behind the walls. The conceirge staff was extremely helpful with directions and restaurant suggestions, they also went of their way to deal with the airline on a lost luggage issue.

The only reason I cannot give a true 5 star rating pertains to the internet service in the hotel. At 500 CZK for a 24 hr period this is definitely the highest charge we have incurred in any high end hotel worldwide. Even more annoying was the connection was spotty at best, numerous attempts to log into sites would result in the connection timing out, at $25 per day one would expect a solid connection. We did mention it to the conceirge who advised that no one else reported the connection issues, and that the front desk would be advised. We were still charged though it was essentially of no use during our stay. Oddly, a visit to a local cafe provided wi-fi that worked with no issues and was entirely free. Other than this one glitch, I would highly recommend a stay at The Augustine, truly a hidden gem.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Schadenfreudelicious

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Lima, Peru
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed for 2 nights at the hotel on vacation. The hotel is beautiful has great service. My first visit to Prague, the hotel is perfectly located. Nearby metro and bus station. Minutes away from the famous Charles Bridge. Excellent breakfast selection, peacocks on the terrace. The interior has a very clean, elegant decoration. Spacious rooms, very comfortable, top quality!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I stayed 2 nights at the Augustine and organized a conference there. The service is outstanding, the hotel beautiful with quality in every little detail and staff charming and helpful. If you want to have a centrally located hotel for a weekend getaway or are organizing a corporate event you will not go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank KEK K
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Did not stay in the hotel, but tried the Litchfield restaurant on a Friday evening.

The interior is simple but elegant. Not all details of the design are my cup of tea but all in it is a pleasant place.

Service is very friendly. From the moment when entering the restaurant until leaving it, all staff is very attentative.

Tableware, cutlery, glassware...all is top quality.

The food was delicious, the wine list offers a decent choice of Czech and international wines. Prices for wines were actually below the level compared to other Prague hotels which was a nice surprise.

I will certainly be back to this place.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Norman V
Luxembourg
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I stayed two nights at the Augustine attending a conference our company organized in Prague. The hotel is truly a hidden gem. Just a minute away from the Charles Bridge, un-assuming from the outside, but what a beauty. Very large and stylish room, lovely bathroom, dressoit, free and fast wifi, good bar, terrace, breakfast, but above all, very kind and helpful staff. I travelled for business and privately to many hotels, but the Augustine makes it in my top 5. Seems te
Hey are leaving the Rocco Forte group of hotels and will become agin independent.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank JDAJ
Florida
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We pulled up to the Augustine (which is definitely hidden) and they immediately knew our name. Check-in was a breeze. The room was prepared with a welcome cookie for my son.

The room was beautiful. Reading literature on the hotel, the style is Czech cubism. There was ample seating, a huge bed, and many books to look through. The bathroom was very large with a separate shower and bathtub and two sinks. All of the details were very impressive.

The location was perfect. Just a short walk to restaurants, shops, and public transport. Within five minutes we were at the Charles Bridge.

We had breakfast at the hotel every morning of our stay. The staff there was especially accommodating and friendly. The food was delicious. I really enjoyed the Swiss Muesli so much that I have started making that part of my regular breakfast. The staff provided children's plates, cups and silverware which was a really nice touch.

I think families will enjoy how insulated the rooms were. I never heard any noise in the hallways, and the only noise I heard from the street were from the trams, which was ok since my son loved them.

My only complaint is a small one. Upon check-out we were charged for two items from the mini-bar. We did not take any items, and they quickly settled it without any issue. It is, however, the first time in my hotel experience that I've ever been charged for mini-bar items I did not take.

The valet/greeter was really friendly and nice to my kids. Upon our departure they had our car ready to go. We talked to him a bit before we left and he left us with a good final impression of the hotel and the city.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank TripReviewer88
Healdsburg, California, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2013

This was our second time in Prague and we had passed this hotel a couple of times without know it. Our son rides a tram by a few times a week and he didn't know it was there. Once inside the courtyard you are transported to an elegant space with a great staff at your service. Our room was tucked into one of the seven, I think, buildings that were once a monastary. It was wonderfully decorated and comfortable, though the closet was small.
The bar and restaurant maintain the same high level of service and the house beer & restaurant food were outstanding.
Finally, the location is terrific for sight seeing. We walked all over "Lesser Town" and caught the tram if we needed to go further.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family