Augustine, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Prague
Ranked #35 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This hotel is unbelievable. The service is incredible, every staff member is always looking to help you. The rooms are spacious and beds are very comfortable. The drinks at the bar are amazing too. I will be back.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TedAlling

Reviewed 4 June 2013

We stayed at The Augustine in Prague three nights recently and I absolutely loved this hotel! Our room was comfortable but there was one small problem: it's not for tall people. The ceiling slants near the bathroom door so I walked around with my neck bent so I wouldn't hit my head. Our friends had fabulous rooms that did not have this problem. If you do reserve a room here, be sure to ask about that ceiling situation, especially if you are tall. Otherwise, it is a lovely room and bathroom. The hotel was built in several ancient buildings that were (are) a monastery. Because of that, the whole vibe is very peaceful. The bar and outdoor seating are so relaxing. I wish we had had even more time to sit around there and just enjoy the whole ambiance. If I ever go back to Prague, where I will stay is one decision already made for me!

Room Tip: Be sure to inquire about the ceiling height...if the ceiling slants. If you are tall or even averag...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thomas S, Owner at Augustine, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear Guest, we are delighted that you just LOVE our hotel. Our team really appreciate your kind comments as this is why they serve with such passion. We take note of the smaller details you point out such as the height and will use this wisely. We hope you will return one day as promised. With kind regards, Tom Smit

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Wonderful hotel. Absolutely amazing. They have managed to maintain the atmosphere of the old monastery while creating outstanding modern hotel facility. Staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was large and full of character with an fully equipped exceptional bathroom. Buffet breakfast was excellent and service was perfect, again the staff provided excellent service. Centrally located within walking distance to all attractions, 5 minute walk to the Charles Bridge.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you for your very kind and sincere comment. We are most pleased to hear from you and if there is anything we can do to make things even better, or perhaps just different, please do let us know. With kind regards,
Tom Smit

Reviewed 24 May 2013

I stayed for five nights during a commercial production shoot in Prague, returning last Saturday night. When we arrived, we turned down a narrow passageway into a lovely and dramatic courtyard, that was "Modern Art meets Ancient Abbey". My favorite flavor. The staff at this hotel are absolutely top notch. I needed to find some used book stores, and the concierge, a lovely woman, took it on. She produced a carefully crafted list of six or seven shops, with addresses and a map marked for me to use. Fantastic. My room was lovely, in the to floor dormer style, comfortable and very functional, tasteful and luxurious. The tram does pass by the hotel, but it really doesn't matter when you are up on the 3rd floor. The views from my several small windows were delightful! The bathroom was larger than the bedroom! A full free standing tub, with a screen, a valet, and in its own area with heated towels... amazing. The polished marble floors were deliciously heated too! Such a perfect hotel. The restaurant, while expensive and a but over-puffed, was very very good, though the service was dead slow. Breakfast was included for me and it was SUBLIME. The location was perfect. Three blocks from the Charles bridge, 2 blocks from a delightful plaza, adjacent to the Senate gardens, and just at the bottom of the hill where the castle rises. I can't recommend it highly enough. Treat yourself.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor, the elevators are fast and easy, and the rooms have such charm! The street c...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I enjoyed my stay! The hotel is beautiful, the staff was wonderful and attentive! Location was perfection! 3 minutes from St Charles Bridge, 10 Minute walk from Prague Castle! So many thing right within walking distance!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Courtney H
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Prior to our recent Viking cruise, we spent three nights at The Augustine. We were supposed to stay at The Hilton, but were switched due to overbooking. How lucky we were! Everything about this hotel is five-star. The room was gorgeous and spacious with a huge bathroom. Breakfast was exceptional, both the food and service. Hotel location was so much better than The Hilton, within easy walking distance of two bridges, and we did a lot of walking. We received free WiFi thanks to Viking. Our luggage didn't arrive until later in the evening, but it was brought immediately to our room. Only minor problem was the noise from the tram outside; after the first night we hardly heard it though. If you're traveling to Prague and are able to afford The Augustine, go for it. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colonel37
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I've been to Prague on numerous occasions, both for work and pleasure, and I've always had a great time, but this was my first stay at The Augustine and it made my stay in Prague all the more enjoyable. The interiors are stunning, you get a real sense of staying in a historic building that's been brought stylishly into the 21st century. I particularly loved the 1887 bar with its amazing ceiling frescoes.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business