“Best hotel in Prague by a long long way”

Augustine, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Prague
Ranked #35 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I have lived in Prague for 10 years and stayed in quite a few of the hotels over the years. The Augustine is by far the best hotel in Prague and the restaurant is just amazing. The service is exceptional, the rooms are nice and clean. Its also ideally located in the heart of prague but away form the noise of the new town.

I just cant find anything to fault this hotel and as a nice bonus they had the Ashes on the TV's in the rooms :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nastytooth

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip. I loved the room and wished I could have spent more time in it, it was so comfy and well decorated. The decor felt contemporary but still allows the atmosphere of the old monastery to work it's charm. It was my birthday during my stay, and when I came back to the hotel that evening I found a bottle of champagne and a chocolate cake waiting for me - such a nice surprise, especially as I was away from family on my birthday! The hotel restaurant served fantastic food. I would come here again and again and can recommend this hotel highly.

What I liked:
- absolutely clean
- Gorgeous food
- Lovely, cosy room with quality furniture, exposed beams
- Comfortable bed & good bed linen
- I had fantastic spa treatments
- huge bathrooms, quality fittings & towels

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ItsCalledWanderlust
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Just stayed here with my family of 5. We had adjoining rooms which were extremely large by Europe standards and very well appointed. There was a main entrance with a small hallway connecting the rooms which made it feel more spacious and private. The bathroom had heated floors and towel racks (which we so appreciated as we had dressed for summer weather and got 52 degrees and rain in late June) The hotel is located just across the bridge on the quiet side and a short walk to everything. It is a converted monastery and is very spacious and beautifully done. The breakfast is delicious - there is a buffet and you can also order off the menu which was fabulous. On a nice day you can eat outside in the atrium. There is a picturesque view of the castle from the hotel. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the castle
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank beachmomof3_9
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights after a horrible experience with an AirBNB room in Berlin. Everything was terrific. They offered a family deal... two adjoining rooms for the price of one. Both rooms were large, comfortable and clean - fixtures were brand new and very high quality. Restaurant was really good and courtyard setting could not have been better. The oatmeal made with milk was unbelievable. Location was also perfect... 3 minutes to Charles Bridge. Service was also great. All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank TUCK1995
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

We spent a few night here and really liked it. The outside bar is perfect depending on weather. And the closeness to all historic sights is great. We had a weird sized room that I kept hitting my head on stuff, but other that that I would stay here again. Concierge was outstanding and we had some great meals and activities. Try the Whiskey bar around the corner is you like that! Great selection.

• Stayed: November 2012
Thomas S, Owner at Augustine, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Guest, what else other than to say a big "thank you". We look forward to being of service to all our guests who share our values.
Warm regards from a sunny Prague.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here for 4 nights. It was during the recent flooding in Prague and the staff went out of their way to make you feel safe and welcome. My room was large and I loved the creativity of its layout, given this is a converted monestary no two rooms are alike. The bathroom was large and I was delighted with the rainshower. My room had a ton of windows which allowed for lots of natural light to help with my jetlag. The hotel gym was pristine and modern, I am sorry I didn't have time to try the spa, but it looked wonderful. If even in Prague, this is the place to stey.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Thomas S, Owner at Augustine, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

Dear Guest,
thank you for your very positive comment about The Augustine. I note that you have not given is full score for "value" and will be most please if you can elaborate on this. My direct email address is tsmit@theaugustine.com
We hope to welcome you back at The Augustine.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

This hotel is unbelievable. The service is incredible, every staff member is always looking to help you. The rooms are spacious and beds are very comfortable. The drinks at the bar are amazing too. I will be back.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family