“How do I love thee, let me count the ways :)”

Augustine, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Prague
Ranked #29 of 672 Hotels in Prague
Turlock, California
“How do I love thee, let me count the ways :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

After much deliberation on where to stay in Prague we decided on the Augustine based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed! The location is perfect, the rooms are beautifully designed (our room had a view of the Prague Castle), the staff anticipated our needs from arranging for a driver to meet us on the platform at the train station, to calling Margetta (a charming and brilliant guide who makes history come alive!) when we asked for a tour of the city, to recommending delicious places to eat, to securing tickets to hear Vivaldi. We enjoyed watching the Olympics in the bar having a really delicious lunch with their beer. The spa is also beautiful and Mahmoud is an excellent masseur. There is just something really special about this hotel (maybe because it's in Prague...maybe because it was a monastery in the past) that made us think it's the nicest hotel stay we've ever had.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

recently stayed at this magnificent hotel with my wife and had a great expierience.staff very attentive,beautiful but understated and elegant rooms,heated bathroom floors were terrific.the suites ,especially the tower suite were exquisite. wonderful spa (had one of the best massages ever!)they also have a very unique bar(must try thier famous st.thomas beer). the location was excellent just a ,short walk from castle or charles bridge,not much further to oldtown.only drawback is hard to find entrance which leeds to beautiful court yard and hotel entrance,preseco on arrival was excellent.unfortunately we did not have time to try thier restaurant but concierge had great recommendations in the city.i'm sure there are many upscale hotels in prague but i could not have had a better expierience at any other hotel!!

Room Tip: Castle veiw or courtyard are best locations
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Locust Valley, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I was in awe as I walked into this hotel. The place is beautiful and full of history. The staff was exceptional. I thoroughly enjoyed the guitar players in the lounge area, not to mention their own amazing beer on tap. I do have to say that my room was my favorite part though. Spacious and comfortable, perfect layout. The location was ideal as well. Walking distance to all the sights. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

They stay was in November 2012. From the moment I entered in Augustine till the end of transfer to the airport, I felt how deeply and genuinely I was pampered by the team of this hotel. This is really luxury hotel!
First of all location - it's quiet, but absolutely central. The building is antique and previously it was monastery.
The design was made by Rocco Forte Hotels, who opened this hotel and managed it for few years. The materials are high quality, very stylish interior. The rooms are spacious, very soft bath emenities (REN brand).
When I need anything (at reception, room service, house keeping, restaurant team), staff is very polite, friendly, helpfull. I felt very welcomed every single moment!
Breakfast: all products are fresh, with good variety, any wish can be done, even if they don't have it in buffet / menu.
I also tried lunch and dinner there in Italian restaurant: mouthwatering is the poorest comment for it!
We also took hotel's car for transfer to Opera House and airport - all cars are new Mercedes S-class with helpful drivers.
There are much more to say, but the trip was a while ago. I have only positive emotions in my memory about Augustine. Thanks a lot to all hotel's team!
I'm not sure what's going on there since they "divorced" with Rocco Forte chain, but I hope the hotel still provide home-welcome to its' guests!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thomas S, Owner at Augustine, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Guest,
My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Augustine hotel and thank you sincerely for your very kind and complimentary comment.
We as owners took back the keys more than a year ago and we invested in our wonderful staff, who work very long and diligent hours to spoil our guests. We train and cross train and with this comes mutual respect between guest and staff members for professionalism and passion to serve.
We are even more pleased that you recognize the quality of service and the happiness of our team. Please return whenever you have time to spoil yourself and your loved ones.
Warm regards from a cold and snowy Prague, beautiful as ever.
Tom Smit and The Augustine Team
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

My family of 3 stayed at The Augustine in Prague in December 2013 for 5 nights and had a truly wonderful experience. We had never travelled to the Czech Republic before but will definitely be back to Prague- just to stay here again!

The hotel is truly stunning and in a perfect location. It is situated just below the Prague castle, which provides breathtaking views from almost all aspects of the hotel, as well as within walking distance to every main attraction. The Charles bridge is just a few steps out the door as is a lively square, beautiful churches and a tram station (great for buzzing around the city). We were fortunate enough to have 2 very large and spacious rooms with great views.

The staff were extremely helpful in every aspect from organising dinners, musical concert tickets and early morning breakfast. Once the concierge knew that we were interested in art and music and the kinds of food/ restaurants we liked they happily booked tickets to some beautiful Christmas concerts (definitely recommend) and made great dinner reservations. Breakfasts in the main dining room were lovely.

We would definitely recommend The Augustine for anyone travelling to Prague and will most definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I went here for a massage treatment as their Spa is rated as one of the best in Prague according to tripadvisor. And yes,....it is great indeed. It is not cheap, about € 100,- for an hour, but the staff, the facilities and the treatment were so good that it was worth it.
Unfortunately the lady at the front office was much less friendly as her male colleagues at the Spa ( Tip for the management: Mahmoud at the Spa welcome desk is a treasure for your company ! ). When I wanted to pay, the creditcardmachine in the Spa did not work so I had to pay at the reception of the hotel. There the lady at the reception was being rather nasty to her spa colleague and made him go back to the Spa to look for my invoice before she wanted to accept my creditcard. While waiting on all this, I asked for the wifi code of the hotel so I could do some things on my phone inbetween. The lady said that wifi was only free for the guests. I said that I was just about to pay 2700.- crownes for a massage, so this made me also a guest,...-;). She refused and advised me to go to the bar and ask the bartender for a free wifi ticket. This hotel is part of the network of Leading Hotels of the World,......well....there is some work to do on educating staff here. Secondly is incredible that every Starbucks around the corner offers free wifi and in this 5 star deluxe property they want to make you pay for Wifi ?!
I was in tne Four Seasons the day before and the customer service there is really of a different level.
I would like to emphasize that my comments concern the rather uninterested and unwilling front office staff. The Spa staff could not have been friendlier and are great.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Erwin V
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Hello,

We stayed 3 days for NYE 2013/2014, the Augsutine is a small luxury hotel. The have AUDI A8 for the hotel guests, fair price and good service.
Decoration is amazing very very luxurious. Details everywhere you go. Location perfect for visits.
The room was nice but nothing crazy, the bathroom was really nice, big, floor heating, bath + shower. No payperview so they had to install a DVD player in the room.
Amazing breakfast, you can have basically whatever you want. Service is really nice also, the people working there are efficient.
Room service took a bit of time. Spa was a great experience.
I'm a serious traveller doing 40 to 50 nights a year in the best chains, hotels and palaces. This one is a serious hotel. ++++

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple