Augustine, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Prague
Ranked #35 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 6 March 2014

It is definitely one of the best hotels in Prague. Great location right in the heart of the old city, very stylish, not big. Professional service, excellent food. Rooms are spicy, comfortable, stylish designed with beautiful views of the old city. It has also a beautiful spa and gym. I love visiting nice and luxurious hotels around the world and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Matej V, Manager at Augustine, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Ivana S,

we truly appreciate your wonderful feedback for The Augustine and it encourages us to work even harder on our guest satisfaction. The entire team is looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

With best regards

Matej Vyskocil
Resident Manager

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotel that I visited! The people of the hotel were very friendly, kind and competent. The location is in Praha 1 and is perfect to visit the historic city. The rooms are very confortable, with all commodities and confort. Perfect gim and SPA. I suggest to split in all rooms the Jacuzzi. Congratulation you are on the top.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank stanislao
Matej V, Manager at Augustine, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Guest,

we are very pleased with your kind words about your stay at The Augustine hotel. Also it makes all of us extremely happy a proud that we were able to meet all your expectations.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at The Augustine!

Matej Vyskocil
Resident Manager

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed there in a cold January with a bday girlfriend of mine and we had an amazing girls trip there.
What a service what an amazing place...the bar the restaurant was wonderful, the rooms are huge and really felt like home. The concierge service excellent they do speak a few good foreign languages....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2014

After much deliberation on where to stay in Prague we decided on the Augustine based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed! The location is perfect, the rooms are beautifully designed (our room had a view of the Prague Castle), the staff anticipated our needs from arranging for a driver to meet us on the platform at the train station, to calling Margetta (a charming and brilliant guide who makes history come alive!) when we asked for a tour of the city, to recommending delicious places to eat, to securing tickets to hear Vivaldi. We enjoyed watching the Olympics in the bar having a really delicious lunch with their beer. The spa is also beautiful and Mahmoud is an excellent masseur. There is just something really special about this hotel (maybe because it's in Prague...maybe because it was a monastery in the past) that made us think it's the nicest hotel stay we've ever had.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2014

recently stayed at this magnificent hotel with my wife and had a great expierience.staff very attentive,beautiful but understated and elegant rooms,heated bathroom floors were terrific.the suites ,especially the tower suite were exquisite. wonderful spa (had one of the best massages ever!)they also have a very unique bar(must try thier famous st.thomas beer). the location was excellent just a ,short walk from castle or charles bridge,not much further to oldtown.only drawback is hard to find entrance which leeds to beautiful court yard and hotel entrance,preseco on arrival was excellent.unfortunately we did not have time to try thier restaurant but concierge had great recommendations in the city.i'm sure there are many upscale hotels in prague but i could not have had a better expierience at any other hotel!!

Room Tip: Castle veiw or courtyard are best locations
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I was in awe as I walked into this hotel. The place is beautiful and full of history. The staff was exceptional. I thoroughly enjoyed the guitar players in the lounge area, not to mention their own amazing beer on tap. I do have to say that my room was my favorite part though. Spacious and comfortable, perfect layout. The location was ideal as well. Walking distance to all the sights. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2014

They stay was in November 2012. From the moment I entered in Augustine till the end of transfer to the airport, I felt how deeply and genuinely I was pampered by the team of this hotel. This is really luxury hotel!
First of all location - it's quiet, but absolutely central. The building is antique and previously it was monastery.
The design was made by Rocco Forte Hotels, who opened this hotel and managed it for few years. The materials are high quality, very stylish interior. The rooms are spacious, very soft bath emenities (REN brand).
When I need anything (at reception, room service, house keeping, restaurant team), staff is very polite, friendly, helpfull. I felt very welcomed every single moment!
Breakfast: all products are fresh, with good variety, any wish can be done, even if they don't have it in buffet / menu.
I also tried lunch and dinner there in Italian restaurant: mouthwatering is the poorest comment for it!
We also took hotel's car for transfer to Opera House and airport - all cars are new Mercedes S-class with helpful drivers.
There are much more to say, but the trip was a while ago. I have only positive emotions in my memory about Augustine. Thanks a lot to all hotel's team!
I'm not sure what's going on there since they "divorced" with Rocco Forte chain, but I hope the hotel still provide home-welcome to its' guests!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thomas S, Owner at Augustine, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Guest,
My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Augustine hotel and thank you sincerely for your very kind and complimentary comment.
We as owners took back the keys more than a year ago and we invested in our wonderful staff, who work very long and diligent hours to spoil our guests. We train and cross train and with this comes mutual respect between guest and staff members for professionalism and passion to serve.
We are even more pleased that you recognize the quality of service and the happiness of our team. Please return whenever you have time to spoil yourself and your loved ones.
Warm regards from a cold and snowy Prague, beautiful as ever.
Tom Smit and The Augustine Team