“Very Clean and Convenient Location”

Exe City Park Prague
Ranked #167 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at the Chopin Hotel in Prague in May 2014. It is a great location when traveling by train, since it is across the street from the Main Railway Station. It was a bit of a walk to the Old City and Prague Castle area, which was not a problem for us. However, the last couple of blocks near the hotel seem to be a little intimidating at night. The room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very fresh and tasty. The wifi is very weak. Many times I could not access it from my room or the lobby.

Room Tip: Check the door deadbolt lock to see if it is working. Mine did not work at all. I always ask for c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 May 2014

After arriving to Chopin, we were greeted by a receptionist who didn't really speak much. We finally received our keys, and made our way to the room. The room was very spacious and had all the resources needed.

Unfortunately I did not get a chance to try their breakfast. Upon check-out I asked a receptionist to order a taxi for me and specifically asked for the 'Triple A City Taxi'. This lady then ordered me one of the cars they must cooperate with which charged be 3x as much as I would pay to go in the City Taxi to Old Town Square.

The Hotel is located by the main train station which is about 15 min walk from Wenceslas Square and about a 30 min walk to Old Town Square.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2014

That was my second stay in this hotel. The location, price and quality were main reasons why I chose this hotel again. It is located opposite to the main train station and in walking distance from the main touristic venues in the city center. The rooms were clean, nice and not noisy at all despite the fact that the hotel is located in one of the busiest and crowded areas of Prague. Staff is very kind and helpful. I get the booking confirmation letter from the hotel to apply for the visa the next day I emailed them my request. The breakfast was pretty good too. The hotel offers free WiFi, although I had some connection and speed issues in my room this time, but overall it was ok.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RufatAbas
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Very clean and comfortable rooms. The hotel is well located and it is possible to walk to all the main tourist attractions. Breakfast is really good. Wifi connection is great. If you are on a short stay- highly recommend the all inclusive 6 hour tour of Prague which can be booked at the hotel. George does really fab tours in English. Do wear comfortable shoes as 4 hours of the tour involves walking around the city...which is the best way to experience it. David at the reception desk of the hotel was wonderful. Extremely helpful and professional. Am grateful for the help in making my trip less challenging and more comfortable! Thank you! I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Very nice affordable rooms. It is conveniently located near Wenceslas Square, right in front of the the train station.
The room was always clean. Breakfast was great too and the WiFI connection was always working.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Had some billing issues with the hotel which the staff were not apologetic about and made no effort to resolve. Similarly upon check in I felt as though we were somehow bothering the clerk at the front desk and when we left my request for a receipt was ignored several times (as was I), almost making us late for our train. Upon departure I noticed that the only portion of the cost they issued a receipt for was the city tax. The rooms themselves were decent and reasonably clean. But you could probably find a better attitude elsewhere. Also the breakfast was pretty terribly when compared with the other hotels and hostels we've stayed at.

• Stayed: April 2014
PRGCHO, General Manager at Exe City Park Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for staying with us and taking your time to write us your feedback.

I am sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had during your stay at the Chopin Hotel Prague.
I can assure you that our guest’s comfort is of great importance to us. We refreshed our continuous training of all our associates at the Front Office again to eliminate such situations and potential issues arising from this to our clients. Unfortunately they were not able to provide any invoice as you have paid directly to our partner web site through which one you have booked our hotel. For the breakfast I would highly appreciate some recommendations from your side what we can improve as in general we have positive feedback on our breakfast buffet . I welcome your suggestions and hope you will notice a difference on your return.
Please accept our sincerest apology for the disturbance caused during your stay. I would very much appreciate if, during your next stay with us, you would contact me personally and I will ensure that your next stay at the Chopin Prague Hotel will be unforgettable for the right reason.
Kind regards
Milan Skvara

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a long weekend in March and it is a perfect yet basic hotel.
Location is excellent with Wenceslas Square a five minute walk away, where many bars and restaurants are. The Old Town Square and Charles Bridge are a further few minutes but the walk is lovely with plenty to do and see on the way.
The hotel had lots of people staying but there was never any noise in the corridors and it was mostly middle aged professionals rather than noisy stag dos.
The breakfast was nice with a range of breads, rolls, brioches and croissants with jam, cheese, ham etc. Also boiled eggs, scrambled eggs and frankfurters.
The only downside would be there was no mini fridge in the rooms but this is understandable.
Would defiantly return to Prague and to this hotel.
Ps. Bring very comfy shoes to Prague as you walk everywhere

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple