“Friendly Hostel in a Great Location”
Review of Prague Square

Prague Square
Ranked #138 of 704 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hostel is a little hard to find because it's actually above a restaurant but other than that it's in a great location- right around the corner from Old Town Square. Everything you want to see in Prague is a walkable distance from here.
I stayed here with a friend and we were met by Emma, the super friendly front-desk attendant. She checked us in without any problems and gave us some great recommendations of what to do- We did the bridge bungee jumping trip she suggested and it was awesome!!!
Prague Square Hostel was clean and affordable and I would recommend it to any friends who plan on visiting Prague.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Pluses
• Great location
• Helpful staff

Minuses
• Charged me a bit more because i did the booking via email.
• 5cm-thick uncomfortable sponge matresses.
• Only 3 outlets in an 8 bedded room. It's smartphone age people!
• No hairdryers in the rooms. You have to request one from reception and wait for hours only to hear "no one has returned one yet"

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I was in Prague last year and when asked to go again I had no doubt in telling the rest of our group to book this hostel for the second time. It's location is fantastic, a stones throw away from the square. The rooms are cute and old fashioned, although very clean. The communal toilets and showers are also spotless, which you would not usually expect for somewhere so busy and cheap to stay. Should I go to Prague a third time, I'd choose here again. Patrick, our night shift receptionist was super fun and friendly, he had lots of good tips for night life and helped us with the tricky Czech language! He was one of the main reasons our stay was so enjoyable. (Earplugs were supplied which helped as we had the loudest snorer in our room!)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Good hostel overall, in a great area with a friendly vibe and great staff, especially Patrick on nightshift, very friendly and helpful. As an experienced traveller across many hostels, this is one of the better ones, would definatly recommend.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Me and a friend only stay 2 nights But it was great and the receptionist patrick was a huge help and quite friendly, amazing place to stay... It's centrally located in the best part of town, I love Prague and this hostel and the help we got at it

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 5 October 2013

A friend and I were staying at in town hostel but it was terrible, a friend told us about Prague square hostel. We stayed there for our last night in Prague and it was brilliant. Full of friendly people, great kitchen and shower facilities and customer survive was excellent, especially from Patrick who made out stay even better.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Not only is the hostel the best priced centrally located hostel in Prague, it pretty much has the best staff of any hostel I've ever been. They are not paid to be our travel guides, ticket bookers, translators, money exchangers, embassy locators, computer program finders, or food police. However, Patrick, Alonzo, and Charlane did ALL of these things and they were more than happy to do it. My friends and I had a lot of things to do while we here, not only visit the sites, and we couldn't have finished them without this awesome staff! Patrick, spent a lot of time returning tickets online while translating from Czech to English along with answering every annoying question we had as soon as we arrived. Trust me... we had a lot. Alonzo literally walked my friend to the embassy to make sure she found it and advised her with his personal contacts about visa questions. Charlane found the perfect late night computer place thus saving my grant. And this is only the tip of the iceberg. I can't express how grateful I am that they didn't make us feel like the neediest people in Prague (even though I'm sure we were), and they made us feel at home and that it was no problem for them to help us. You can't find this kind of service just anywhere.

As for the hostel itself, it's pretty great. I stayed here with a friend and her mom in a 8 bed room. It's fantastically located next to the square, walking distance to everything, they provide free earplugs if you need them, the beds were comfortable, the showers were hot, the breakfast was tasty, and hostel was very clean. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends