“GREAT Bed & Breakfast outside Prague” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rojik Bed & Breakfast

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Prague
Rojik Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #123 of 368 Prague B&B and Inns
Eagle River, Alaska
“GREAT Bed & Breakfast outside Prague”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2008

WOW!! My wife and I live in Heidelberg, Germany, and we decided to take a 3-day weekend (Columbus Day, 2008) with a friend of ours from Grafenwoehr (making it a party of three) and spend it in Prague, sampling the beers and taking in all of the sights. We also wanted to do it "on the cheap," since it was a just a quick run into the CR and back out (I love living in Europe - trips that others in the U.S. have to plan and save up for months or years, we can just knock off in a 3-day weekend).

Anyway, we got a tip from a friend about a nice little B&B located just outside of Prague. We were driving in, so we also wanted a SAFE place to park the truck as well - we'd heard of car thefts being a problem in Prague, and we really didn't want to deal with that (although I'd probably get more for my SUV from the insurance company a theft than I would after a sale - I'm just joking, I think).

So, we called up the proprietor, and we had a reservation for two rooms in no time - about 10 days prior to arrival.

Now, all three of us are veteran travelers - both in Europe and Asia (I've been living abroad since 1994) - so we really don't expect a whole lot, but WOW were we surprised!!! We were given the entire ground floor - that's two LARGE bedrooms, each well very appointed (closet, table, chairs, bed, nightstands, windows), and each with its own separate anteroom with table and chairs, and with both rooms opening up into a common area that had the minibar (fridge) and dining area.

Breakfast was served on our schedule - we picked 0800 - and we had our choice of various breads, cheese and sausage and/or eggs cooked any which way we wanted. Breakfast was served at 0800 - not at 0801 or at 0802, EXACTLY at 0800, and the coffee was WONDERFUL!!

The proprietor was also WONDERFUL - he spoke some English, and he was of course fluent in German and Czech. He bent over backwards to make sure that we were well taken care of.

Remember the parking issue I mentioned? Well, we had FREE PARKING, with our truck locked behind a very secure gate. NO PROBLEM!!

The address is easy to find if you have a GPS navigation system - I have a TomTom GO 910, and it took me right to the front door. It's not hard to find - it's on the corner, the side of the house facing the main boulevard.

Then to top it all off, we were only all of about 100 meters from the streetcar station, and the proprietor even sold us the tickets (23 Krone one way - or about $1.50 - with no surcharge), and then made sure that we understood how to validate them, and how to get into central Prague (no transfers required). It took us all of about 15-20 minutes to be in the old town, right in the middle of all of the tourists, following their flag-holding guides.

I'm a beer geek - even a homebrewer - so looking into the Czech beer opportunities was VERY high on my list. As you walk from the streetcar stop over to the walking bridge, just before getting to the bridge, turn right, down a pretty narrow street, and about 40 meters down, on the right-hand side, is a beer (pivo) shop called the Gallery Piva. It's not a big shop, but it doesn't waste any space on carrying any of the "industrial" Czech brands. They have a GREAT selection of regional brews, and the proprietor was WONDERFUL as well.

Enjoy!!!
Namako

• Liked — Felt like staying in a 2-bedroom apartment
  • Disliked — NOTHING! I've already saved the business card, and I will stay here the NEXT time I go to Prague, guaranteed!!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple