“Just brilliant for the price!”

City Partner Hotel Gloria
Ranked #374 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 6 December 2011

This was my third time staying at The Gloria Hotel. Yet again, I really don't think that this hotel can be beaten for the price. I paid a total of £45 for three nights for a ensuite double room to myself! An absolute bargain. The staff are extremely friendly, helpful and polite, the rooms are of a very good standard, the breakfasts are plentiful and varied and the location is only ten minutes from the town centre by bus or tram - Bus No 207 or Tram No 9. You can purchase transport tickets at the hotel reception. You really couldn't ask for more. I will happily stay here again on my next visit. Do try some of the local restaurants - the food and beer is superb and much cheaper than in the centre of town.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jammer70

Reviewed 15 November 2011

Enjoyed our stay there. Comfortable beds, clean room, friendly staff (their English was excellent, my Czec was terrible). Breakfast was more than enough to set you up for the day. Good location - not in centre but 50 metres from bus stops and only a couple of stops from a Metro station (or about 15 mins on foot). Superb public transport system means all areas of the city are within easy reach. General supermarket opposite and very good value pub/restaurant by the bus stop (10% off for guests). If we get back to Prague we'll be staying at the Gloria again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Den2351
Gloria-Manager, Manager at City Partner Hotel Gloria, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Dear Den,
we apreciate you review of our service or hotel Gloria.We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and we will welcome you by you next visit of Prague.
Kind regards.
Fojtíková Iveta

Reviewed 21 September 2011

The Gloria Hotel came as part of our Thomson Package Break to Prague, a city neither of us had visited before. It's only 20 minutes walk to the Old Town Square and 25 minutes to the Charles Bridge from the hotel. There's a bus stop over the road from the hotel so transport into the centre of town is easy. It's not in one of the cities smartest areas, but we didn't experience any problems and people in the local shops and bars were friendly and all spoke English to some degree. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and the room comfortable and well equiped. The room we had on our first night was right beside the zebra crossing and the constant clicking of the crossing lights kept us awake all night. We taked to the very helpful reception staff next morning, they moved us to another room which was much quieter. The restaurant area was bright, sunny, clean and tidy and the continental breakfast tasty. A great base to see the city from. Prague is a stunning, with the Old Town Square and Royal Palace gardens being our favorite destinations. Beautiful city, excellent holiday and full marks to the staff of Hotel Gloria for playing their part well.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Harrier19
Reviewed 5 September 2011

If you want to visit Prague i would recommend this hotel. it's located 10-15 mins away from the center of the city. Very nice personnel, room service is ok, you have to ask for the towels to be changed everyday. Great breakfast. Very helpful front desk girls. Will definitely stay again. Much better than 5star hotels that i've been to, especially for the price you pay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Vovchik78
Reviewed 31 August 2011

The hotel was clean, comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was plentiful and varied. Although not in the centre, it was only a short bus ride and the service was frequent. Good value eating places in the neighbourhood and small supermarkets nearby (including Tesco Express!). Because the centre is compact and most places within walking distance, we found it an unnecessary expense to buy an all-day bus/metro ticket but recommend you buy single tickets in advance because it wasn't easy to find tabacs or other vending places in the centre apart from in the metro stations. Single tickets can be bought in the little shop opposite the bus stop if the hotel doesn't have any. Only downside was no air-con in our room but not a serious issue and would recommend the hotel - great value and a really good five day visit!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Penny W
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I stayed at the Hotel for 1 week July 17th to July 24th 2011

I had a good impression of the Hotel, the personal was very helpful and professional.
Whenever I had questions or needed help they where there to help me out.

I had a special need of getting my breakfast early that I had to leave to TaiChi class
quite early in the morning, it was no problem at all and it really made my mornings a
lot easier for me.

Public transport is just across the street, tickets can be purchased in Hotel reception, it takes about 10 minutes to cental prague

My room was cleaned every day and looked tiptop and fresh when I returned to the Hotel.

I did noticed the Hotel had a lot of demanding guests with way too high expations and some guests was very rude (even insulting at some times) regardless their behavior, the personal still maintained a professional tone, kindness and helpfulness, and did their best to please the guests.

I think the Hotel and personal meets a good standard, I'll not hesitate to recommed Hotel Gloria to my friends and family

"Thanks to the personal at Gloria Hotel for making my stay there very pleasant and easy"

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank JesperBirk
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Checked in on a hot summer day, check in staff was nice, noticed the area did not look too nice. The night was hot, but the windows couldn't stay open because the noise outside was unbearable. Talked to the manager the next morning and she was rude, interrupting and very excitable. We moved to another hotel in Prague that cost less, room and area is much nicer.

• Stayed: July 2011