“A quiet little haven in Old town”
Review of Deer Prague

Deer Prague
Ranked #626 of 5,945 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Neighbourhood: Staré Město (Old Town)
Description: Welcome to Deer. We are in a place that will dominate all of your senses. A place where we believe in tradition and honesty, but at the same time, we do not stand still. We believe that a good restaurant is not only about good food but is also about the location in which it can be found. The name of our restaurant and its location is no coincidence. The “House of the two deer and one head” in Michalská Street has been declared a UNESCO world heritage site as well as a national monument since 1958. You can soak up the atmosphere of the late Baroque building with its Gothic core, which also includes the magnificent hotel, the Iron Gate. Why the deer as a symbol? In mythology, the deer is considered a sacred animal, the lord of the forest and animals. The antlers symbolise trees; the rhythm of their growth corresponds to the rhythm of harvest and sowing. We admire the power of natural resources and we hold them in the utmost respect. Such are the dishes that we serve you on a plate. We focus on the joy of cooking from fresh ingredients with as much intensity as we dedicate to current culinary trends. We aim to satisfy both lovers of game and the gifts of the forest as well as our customers that expect modern cuisine. We use both traditional and unusual ingredients that will pleasantly surprise your taste buds. Our Executive Chef, Jiří Eberl, and his team will always prepare for you a unique and unforgettable experience.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Classy, but still cosy with excellent food and service. The backyard is like a quiet little oasis from the hectic Old Town in Prague

Petr B, Residence Manager at Deer Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Pia T,

Thank you for your lovely review and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit to the Deer Prague restaurant.

I thank you for your compliments regarding our food and service provided and hope that I may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our place at some time in the future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I decided to come here for the last night of our holiday as we walked past it previously and thought the restaurant itself looked beautiful. The menu had pictures of the food in it, which slightly puts me off eating somewhere but that wasn't a big deal and the food itself was very nice. The same can not be said for the service. The waiter came over and took our plates away and did not ask if we would like to see the dessert menu. After waiting about 10 to 15 minutes, my boyfriend had to get up and ask for someone to bring us a dessert menu. We then sat with the menu in front of us for another 10 minutes and then when the waiter did come over to take our order, he kept ignoring me! He went to turn around after taking my boyfriend's dessert order and I had to ask if I could order my own dessert. My boyfriend then ordered another drink to which the waiter went to walk away again after before I could order! The waiter clearly could not be bothered talking to us. We definitely wouldn't go back.

Petr B, Residence Manager at Deer Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Hannah B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Deer Prague restaurant.
I am pleased to note that you enjoyed the food however I am disappointed to learn that some other aspects of your visit did not meet your expectations.

I do note your comments regarding the service and thank you for bringing this to my attention. This individual's behavior is simply not acceptable and not in keeping with the high standard of service that we strive to maintain. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Thank you for your valued feedback and I do hope that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our restaurant at some time in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

This is a gem of a place, hidden from the street situated in an internal courtyard. We turned up with no booking on a Saturday evening and even though they were busy they couldn’t do enough to get us a table (unlike the place two doors up which was half empty and met with a surly “no” when we asked if there was a table. Excellent friendly service, good range of menu choices and great wine list. Dessert was definitely the star of the show. I’d recommend to anyone visiting Prague.

Petr B, Residence Manager at Deer Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear Angela W,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and thank you for your compliments regarding the menu, wine selection and service provided.

I do hope that I may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Deer restaurant at some time in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

We passed this restaurant by chance and saw the lovely courtyard. The style and menu are classical, the food is traditional. We had a lovely dinner with deer, good service and nice wine. The price was very reasonable considering the quality.

Petr B, Residence Manager at Deer Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear Dick Z,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Deer Prague restaurant.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for your compliments regarding the food and service provided.

I hope I may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our restaurant at some time in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

After flitting between a few places for lunch, we really liked the look of Deer, and it turned out to be an excellent find. The décor is beautiful with a luxurious and grand feel. The menu is varied and extensive, offering everything from a club sandwich to fancy cuts of steak. We all enjoyed the food a lot, and being in a nice air-conditioned room was a welcome break from the heat.
If I could offer any constructive feedback, it would just be on the speed of service. The restaurant was almost dead (it was around 2pm), and we still waited quite some time for food. I watched the waiter having a long, in-depth conversation with a colleague for about 5-10 minutes whilst attempting to (in very British fashion) look "ready" to order. He looked over a number of times and continued. Still very much recommended.

P.S - The strawberry & mint lemonade is delicious and worth a try.

Petr B, Manažer at Deer Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Dear Sam E,

Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your lunch at the Deer Prague restaurant.

The comments of our customers are precious and I did not miss to share yours with the rest of our team.

I do hope that I may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our restaurant at some time in the future.

Best regards,