I have to say this was one of the worst places I've ever stayed at. My main feeling was that I didn't want to touch anything because it looks like cleanliness is not the main priority.
But let's go in stages:
- On arrival we were asked to pay, which was ok. Be prepared for this and take money with you, otherwise you'll have to get it from an ATM quite far from the pension as they don't accept cards;
- We booked two rooms, both with bathroom. They tried to give us one room without bathroom, for the same price. We had to argue to get the price corrected to a room without bathroom;
- The place doesn't look as neat as in the photos. I avoided touching stuff in the bathroom because it doesn't look to be very clean;
- The breakfast is served at the door. It was better than I expected. Enough quantity, ok bread, terrible juice.
- The pension is located in a residential area. We did see some embassies close by, therefore it can be considered to be in the embassy area. It takes you around 20 minutes by foot to get to the castle, which is perfectly doable, and it's also a nice walk in between villa's and trees. You can also take tram 18, which is a 5 minute walk from the pension and it stops in the city center;
- There are no supermarkets or acceptable restaurants in the surroundings, make sure you eat in the city center or take food back with you;
- The people spoke English and were nice;
- We made reservations for 155 euros, but when we checked our bank account they charged 165. Make sure the price they give you in the invoice (Czech crowns) converts to the price that was mentioned to you in the reservation!
- The noise was terrible. You hear everything and during the all night. People walking and talking, running water, people doing their business in other rooms, people outside. If you have a light sleep, stay away;
- The bathroom of the room was just like the one in a train or airplane, but with a shower. And it smelled.
In summary, I wouldn't stay there again. I would prefer to pay a bit more and stay in a nicer place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 21 rooms are with WiFi high speed internet access, indoor bar and outdoor terrace. Free parking is available on-site without reservation. Hotel provides a bar, a terrace and a garden with a children's playground. The front desk is available for 24 hours. Free WiFi is available in all areas. All rooms offer garden views. Some feature a TV with satellite channels. They come with either private or shared bathroom facilities. Guests can make use of vending machines, ticket service, luggage storage and a safety deposit box. Prague centre can be reached within a 15-minute tram ride. The closest tram stop is just 350 metres from Discounts Prague Hotel. An airport shuttle is available for a surcharge. Free public parking is possible in front of the building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Discounts Prague Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sprint Penzion Hotel Prague