US$197
Hotels.com
US$95
US$93
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$140
US$323
US$265
Preferred Hotels
US$71
  • Restaurant
All reviewsprague castlecharles bridgemicro breweryold townpetrin towertram stopquiet locationlovely hotelmain townbritish airwayssmall windowcity centrehotel is locatedmala stranarooms are spaciousstayed for nightsmin walk
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We visited Prague for two nights before Christmas and stayed at this lovely hotel.

My sister lives in Prague, and my mother had lived in Prague previously so I was the only one who hadn't visited before!

Yes the hotel is a walk from the typical tourist areas on the other side of the bridge but it is a pleasant walk downhill and there's a tram to avoid the the walk uphill! The area is nice and I preferred the quiet of Mala Strana. The monastery next door looked beautiful but was unfortunately closed for preparation for Christmas services. There are some lovely restaurants and shops close by.

The room was comfortable and nicely furnished. The beds were very comfortable and we had two great nights sleep. The bathroom was great with a powerful shower with a roomy bath and a decent hair dryer.

We enjoyed the breakfast selections each morning, especially the freshly made waffles which were delicious!

All staff were helpful and friendly to us from arrival until when we left. We also used the luggage room as we had a late flight.

The Christmas decorations were also fantastic - a life size gingerbread house made of real gingerbread!

When we return at Easter we hope to stay again.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank aliclare
Katerina C, Guest Relations Manager at Lindner Hotel Prague Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Guest,

let me thank you for your wonderful review. We deeply appreciate your experienced review. I am glad, that our hotel met all of your expectations. And All the staff would be pleased to welcome you back at the Hotel sometimes in the future.

With warmest regards

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We were excited to stay at this hotel because of the lovely reviews we read thru the Internet. When we arrived, the hotel looked so peaceful and romantic. Our excitement was dampened when we saw our room at the ground floor. The view from our window was a blank wall! Aside from the fact that they don't have free wifi access inside the room, the air conditioning wasn't working properly. It was so hot even during the night. Opening our windows was more comfortable instead of using their air conditioning. There was also this incident when I was in the middle of taking a shower in the morning when suddenly, the water heater conked out and I had to endure a very cold bath, I was like a frozen Popsicle by the time I finished. Now on to the positives- peaceful surroundings, near public transportation and walking distance to a spectacular viewpoint. It's hard for us to recommend this hotel because of our experience, although we enjoyed touring Prague very much.

Room Tip: Get a room at the upper floors
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Katerina C, Guest Relations Manager at Lindner Hotel Prague Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Lindner Prague Castle for your recent visit to this beautiful city.

I am writing you with regards to the feedback you left us through the Tripadvisor.

It is very unfortunate to hear that there were aspects of your stay which you did not enjoy and we would have liked to address these issues already during your stay like to change your room.

At this point we would just like to express our apologies for your dissatisfaction. Rest assured that we have taken your comments into consideration and are currently working on improving the quality of service, technical equipment in terms of WIFi connection and shower.

We appreciate your comments greatly and we are looking forward to extending a special welcome to you during your next visit to Prague.

May you decide to return to Hotel Lindner in Prague please contact me and I will personally make sure you have enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We have just returned from a weekend away in Prague staying here. It was a lovely hotel, away from all the hustle and bustle of old town, but close enough to walk if need be. The hotel also offers a fixed priced limo service or is close to public transport. Room was lovely and the staff fantastic. Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank europeanadventure13

Dear Traveler,
Thank you very much for stopping by TripAdvisor to review our hotel. I was happy to learn, that you enjoyed your time in our property and that the services we provide were to your expectations.
Looking forward to welcome you back in the future
With kind regards from sunny Prague

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Quite a walk from the centre but worth it for the views on the way down! Wouldn't recommend the walk for people with mobility issues, especially on the way back up the hill.

Comfortable beds with nice rooms and can't fault the price!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LauraLH18

Dear valuable guest,

I would like to express my special thanks for your beautiful review. I am glad the hotel fulfilled your expectations. I am little bit sorry for your slight disappoitment of location on the hill. But I wish to say that Our hotel is sought by people, who want to relax and to forget about the rush and hastiness of everyday life.

wish you many unforgettable trips around the world.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My girlfriend and I visited Prague at the end of October 2013. First of all, we had a wonderful trip, including the hotel- Prague is indeed as magical as everyone says and incredibly romantic.

We decided to book into the Lindner Hotel due to an excellent package offered by Expedia, and we can most certainly say it was excellent value for money. The hotel is very well presented, with a luxurious, comfortable lobby that you find in all excellent hotels- yet also manages to feel cozy and warm which I'm sure is down to the excellent staff..

The staff to a person are all warm, articulate and incredibly helpful, all hallmarks of an excellent place. We ate once during our 4 day stay and the food was, while not spectacular, very decent for a hotel restaurant. So for us, travelling without expectation or a huge amount of research, I can say that we very much enjoyed our stay and would think about staying again.

Caveat: Unless you have traveled to Prague before, it's important to be aware of the location of this hotel. It's at the top of the hill by Prague Castle, which leads to some fabulous views and also peaceful and quieter. Be warned though- it's a solid 30-40 minute walk past the Charles Bridge and into Old Town etc (essentially Prague City Centre ). There is a tram stop nearby although we treated the walking like a mini adventure with plenty of beer stops....

An example of when this might be a little bit of an inconvenience- we would leave after breakfast for sightseeing, yet come 5.30/6, we'd be relatively tired after walking all day. However the 1/1.5 hour round trip back to the hotel (factoring in getting freshened up etc) does seem quite an effort so we stayed in town on 3 of the nights. Ideally we could have popped back to the hotel for shower, quick feet up then headed back out for dinner/ drinks. This isn't leveled as a criticism more our own personal preferences.

I'd say this hotel would is perfect for business men, families and perhaps the slightly older couple- perhaps where it might not be is if you're a young couple with only couple of days, and you want to cram in both the sight seeing AND the nightlife- as we stayed longer (4 days) it was great for us (and as we mentioned the beer stops....). All in all, very positive experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple